What Are You Playing?

Oburi

All praise Grail
Walter said:
SMTStrangeJourneyJPcover.jpg

As much as I love Shin Megami Tensei games, that cover makes me cringe. Looks like Bionicle or something.

Th3Branded0ne said:
Playing FF XIII. It's going pretty good so far. I managed to fin these in a yard sale today. Since I haven't played Zelda a link to the past, and with the recent conversations about it, I feel I must. Eventhough I"m kinda late to it, but don't matter a good game is a good game.

Score!

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Oburi said:
As much as I love Shin Megami Tensei games, that cover makes me cringe. Looks like Bionicle or something.
I think the cover is rad, and it's actually what first got me interested in the game.

It must be a love it or hate it kind of thing, because I've read a lot of people's comments who also thought the cover was daring and retro.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Walter said:
It's good so far, but extremely chatty... There's about 30 minutes of solid text in the beginning, before they even put you in the field.

I haven't and likely won't play it, and based on that fact, I already don't like it. That actually keeps me from playing a lot of new games, I wouldn't touch Dragon Age's 10 novels worth of material with a 10-novel-long pole.

As for what I have been playing, I was replaying Wind Waker to follow up my TP replay, but I kind of lost interest at the Earth Temple and haven't played it since last week. Also, though I don't think this counts, I played basketball today... like, outside. =)

Oburi

All praise Grail
グリフィス said:
As for what I have been playing, I was replaying Wind Waker to follow up my TP replay, but I kind of lost interest at the Earth Temple and haven't played it since last week. Also, though I don't think this counts, I played basketball today... like, outside. =)

No, no, no. Sun .... bad. Sunblock .... good...

Personally I like games with lots of dialog( text or cut scenes). As long it has equal amount of great gameplay to counter it, I don't mind.

Oburi said:
Personally I like games with lots of dialog( text or cut scenes). As long it has equal amount of great gameplay to counter it, I don't mind.

Same here. I like games with a lot of text, as long as 90% of it isn't a tutorial or badly written. I love Xenogears' second disc! :troll:

Just finished Cave Story again, the good ending's last dungeon is hell.

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
Playing some good ol' Pokemon Heart Gold. I still haven't gotten tired of this formula and the nostalgia sure is helping a lot.
Walter said:
SMTStrangeJourneyJPcover.jpg

Picked this up yesterday based on how it scored, and the fact that I liked what little I played of Etrian Odessy and the Shin Megami Tensei series. It's good so far, but extremely chatty... There's about 30 minutes of solid text in the beginning, before they even put you in the field.
Been thinking of getting this, I've liked a lot of the SMT games I've played so far, they're a mixture of a bit chatty and lots of grinding mixed with unforgiving gameplay that feels great to master. I'll post my thoughts on it when I get it. On a semi-related note, I love the character designer/artists for most of the SMT games.
Eluvei said:
I love Xenogears' second disc! :troll:
Don't remind me about how my 2nd disc was scratched and I had to play through the first 30 minutes of gameplaly unskippable dialogue to get to the part where it might freeze. I'll have to actually beat that game some day. :judo:

Dar Klink said:
Don't remind me about how my 2nd disc was scratched and I had to play through the first 30 minutes of gameplaly unskippable dialogue to get to the part where it might freeze. I'll have to actually beat that game some day. :judo:

Ouch. Well, the ending's pretty good, I recommend you beat it some day.

I'm playing Grim Fandango now, ohh I love it.

Th3Branded0ne said:

God damn, man. In your hands, you have /gold/ - no, more than gold!

I still remember the best Christmas of my life - I was eleven years old, and - not me, but me, and my younger brother and sister got, from various family members, and check this out - Final Fantasy III (VI), Chrono Trigger, Starfox, Secret of Mana, Super Metroid, The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, Megaman X, and some puzzle game I've forgotten the name of. And some other game.

Yeah. DUDE. Nothing can beat that Christmas.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Th3Branded0ne said:
I managed to fin these in a yard sale today. Since I haven't played Zelda a link to the past, and with the recent conversations about it, I feel I must. Eventhough I"m kinda late to it, but don't matter a good game is a good game.

Oh boy, you're in for a treat. The only game that surpassed Zelda 3 for me when I was young was Secret of Mana. Enjoy. :guts:

Bekul said:

:ganishka: That's fucking obscene man.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Bekul said:
I still remember the best Christmas of my life - I was eleven years old, and - not me, but me, and my younger brother and sister got, from various family members, and check this out - Final Fantasy III (VI), Chrono Trigger, Starfox, Secret of Mana, Super Metroid, The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, Megaman X, and some puzzle game I've forgotten the name of. And some other game.

I remember that Christmas... for me it was '95, and I had sooo many games to choose from, I would lose either way (could only get one, because those damned carts were expensive). I ended up with FF6, though I had secretly been rooting for CT. But after sitting down with FF6, it turned out to be one of my favorite games of all time. So all was well.

But yeah, that was a golden age of gaming.

Saephon

Die young and save yourself
I too remember that Christmas. My family had an NES for a long time, and my parents were reluctant to get the Super Nintendo since the NES still worked. Eventually late in the system's life, my dad went behind my mom's back (he's a gamer himself :slan:) and got my sister and I the SNES and several games:

Mario Paint, Super Mario World, Donkey Kong Country, Mario RPG, Final Fantasy VI, Chrono Trigger, Zelda III, and a couple that must not have been good enough for me to remember. I think that December began my gradual path to obesity. :troll:

turkitage

ターク
man, you guys are getting me all nostalgic over here. :judo:

FF6, secret of mana, link, mario 3, mario kart, lufia. - I played those games so many times when i first got them after leveling up from NES and getting the SNES.

Bekul said:
God damn, man. In your hands, you have /gold/ - no, more than gold!

You're right on both!

Saephon said:
I think that December began my gradual path to obesity. :troll:

haha - well worth it imo!

Just got myself Metal Gear AC!D 2. Very good game, I recommend it. It's a tactics game for Metal Gear and the story is far better than the latest entries of MG for me (too convuluted and inconsistent now). Loving it.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
I'm playing Infinite Space on the NDS and it's pretty cool. I'm not even 10 hours into the game and I already want a fancy-looking sequel on the 3DS.

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
Just beat both story modes on Muramasa the demon blade for Wii. Incredibly fun slashem up. The backgrounds are gorgeous.

Red Dead Redemption
part 1
http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/14320288/red-dead-redemption/videos/reddead_trl_livingwest1_31710.html
part 2
http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/14320288/red-dead-redemption/videos/reddead_trl_west2_4510.html

What do you guys think? I played the older GTA's but haven't played much of the last game. This setting is much more appealing to me. Might give this a chance and listen to some Ennio Morricone as I play.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Proj2501 said:
What do you guys think? I played the older GTA's but haven't played much of the last game. This setting is much more appealing to me.

I'm very much looking forward to this game, more than I ever did for anything in the GTA series. It's almost certainly going to be a day-one purchase for me.

Aazealh said:
I'm very much looking forward to this game, more than I ever did for anything in the GTA series. It's almost certainly going to be a day-one purchase for me.

Same here. I loved playing Red Dead on the PS2. I was always hoping that they would make another Red Dead game on the new consoles. My wish came true. :guts: Anyways I am currently playing Mega Man 1-8, I know I am very behind. :farnese:

Top Bottom