What Are You Playing?

Oburi

All praise Grail
Yea man. The style was cool. But that's literally the whole game. Just the shaky camera following the guys around. There's really no plot either, just escape. Felt like a xbox live game.

60 bucks down the drain.

Edit- Just finished Splinter Cell. Great game overall, lots of stealth action fun and some great cinematic moments. Again though, beat the whole thing in one sitting, took me about 8 hours. I'm getting kinda annoyed at how short some of these games are lately. Two full games in two days, *sigh*. It was pretty badass though, worthy of a 7 or 8. The torture scenes were really cool, where you basically drag a guy around the room looking for things to smash his head through. I believe this may have been the most brutal of the Splinter cell games too, with some extremely harsh language (worse than Kain and Lynch).

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Oburi said:
I'm getting kinda annoyed at how short some of these games are lately. Two full games in two days, *sigh*.

Why don't you just play Ogre Battle: The March of the Black Queen like me. It'll last you more than a day. :slan:

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Well howdy ho folks! :carcus:

Real late for the party but... I bought Elder Scrolls 4 for 6 bucks on steam not too long ago... been playing that recently! Great game!

Love the mods for it!

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
SaiyajinNoOuji said:
Well howdy ho folks! :carcus:

Real late for the party but... I bought Elder Scrolls 4 for 6 bucks on steam not too long ago... been playing that recently! Great game!

Love the mods for it!
:isidro: It's you!

Anyway, I'm HOPING to be playing the Final Fantasy XIV beta soon... waiting on some sites to give out beta keys randomly though! Open beta should start at the beginning of September anyway, but I want in! :farnese:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Eluvei said:
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening

for the first time!

Oh boy, that's a real classic you got there. Enjoy yourself!

I played a few levels of Dead Space Extraction yesterday and it's pretty good. It's like an interactive movie explaining how things went bad before Dead Space. A movie in which you shoot monsters. Works for me. :void:

Aazealh said:
I played a few levels of Dead Space Extraction yesterday and it's pretty good. It's like an interactive movie explaining how things went bad before Dead Space. A movie in which you shoot monsters. Works for me. :void:

Yeah, I've picked up Dead Space: Extraction some months ago, it's really good, nice graphic and it's cool to know what happen before Dead Space(things are getting crazy near the end...)I've truly enjoyed it, no regret on this purchase.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Hey guys, today I went to return Kayne and Lynch and Splinter Cell at a gamestop and my plan was to get Mafia 2, which came out today and looks pretty badass. But then I realized I never played Red Dead Redemption and so I bought that instead. I may have not payed much attention to the discussions about it here but given the generally perfect scores it got, does anyone think this game is awesome? I'll find out soon enough, but who else has played it?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
I bought it at launch and played it to completion relatively quickly. I think it's a fantastic game, but I haven't had the desire to go back to it since I finished it.

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
Grabbed Super Metroid for Wii per Walters recommendation. Enjoying it a lot so far! I can't figure out how to get through the yellow doors. I feel like I'm missing an item or something obvious. I'll figure it out though. Brain...tired.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Aphasia said:
Grabbed Super Metroid for Wii per Walters recommendation. Enjoying it a lot so far! I can't figure out how to get through the yellow doors. I feel like I'm missing an item or something obvious. I'll figure it out though. Brain...tired.

If you can't open a colored door, that means you don't have the right weapon -- yet. Just keep exploring.

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
Okay, So I figured out you can wall jump and sprint. Glad the game told me that lol, I feel stupid for falling through those damn traps over and over. Just got the Varla suit. :D

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
After a recent Steam sale, I've been playing Borderlands again with some friends online. As hollow as the game's core is, it's a great grind/loot shooter. It's right up there with Diablo II in my opinion in terms of addictive loot hunting. Anyone that's a fan of D2 should give this one a shake.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Walter said:
After a recent Steam sale, I've been playing Borderlands again with some friends online. As hollow as the game's core is, it's a great grind/loot shooter. It's right up there with Diablo II in my opinion in terms of addictive loot hunting. Anyone that's a fan of D2 should give this one a shake.

Yea Borderlands is addicting, i've had an urge to pick it up again.

I just got Mafia 2 (about 6 hours in) and I must say this game is really, really good. It's a typical mafia story but it incorporates everything you've ever seen in a mob movie and there are so many twists and turns in the plot. The best thing though is the setting. You start in GTA4 style city but since the game takes place in the 40's, the radio, the cars, the posters on the wall... they all fit the time period perfectly. AND you eventually progress into the 50's and suddenly everything changes and you start hearing Elvis songs and such. I've never really seen a game that goes through different time periods on this big of scale before, its pretty neat. You also get to collect vintage playboys with (surprisingly) real nude girls from that playboys of that era, which is a nice touch.

I've also noticed after playing several games this past week (Kain and Lynch 2, Splinter Cell 4, Mafia2) that these games seem to really push what can be put into an "M" rated game. Like even I'm taken aback at some of the language and brutality. I remember playing "mature" games for the ps1 when i was a kid like Syphon Filter or something and yea it had blood but it wasn't THAT bad. If my mom heard me playing these games back then i think she would taken them away. Seriously, these few games are more R-rated than any Hollywood movie I've seen since... well i can't even remember. It's refreshing.

I got Kane & Lynch 2 the other day, played it a bit. It was OK but I wish IO interactive would just try and make a another great stealth game like they did with the hitman series (doesn't even have to be another hitman sequel) The action is a bit mediocre and the on-line modes are a little disappointing; I thought the undercover cop was a cool idea but not when it's the same map over and over again and the same guy always the undercover cop

I'm thinking of getting Mafia 2 as well, I really liked the demo it had a great late 40s atmosphere :serpico:

I've got up the last boss on the Scott Pilgrim game, which is hella fun it's great to see more local co-op games being released (this was one the reasons I bought K&L2)

Other than that I've been working my way through the original thief 1 (feels weird playing games on the PC again) and I'm really enjoying it, it has amazing atmosphere and pretty darn creepy in places; though to quote Yahtzee I wish Garrett wouldn't wear tap shoes to sneak into places :ganishka:

Eluvei said:
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening

for the first time!
Great game! Hardcore nostalgia for me. Watch out for the name change THIEF!

Aazealh said:

I actually rented that game and beat it; kinda short but a lot of fun. The motion comic was also unlocked after you beat the game which was surprisingly a very fun watch!

I actually just finished playing Alan Wake on Nightmare mode; its been sitting around for awhile. The DLC, "The Signal, Episode 1" recently came out which got me into playing it again. It was about an hour long but pretty fun, and esp good because it was free! Great game though a bit cheesy but sort of Steven King-ish. After playing it awhile you get into it. His friend in the game, Barry Wheeler, is good comic relief as well.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Repetive gameplay in alan wake killed it for me. You fight the same damn thing the entire game, and the most powerful you get is a flare gun. Game was overrated and overhyped imo.

Oburi said:
Repetive gameplay in alan wake killed it for me. You fight the same damn thing the entire game, and the most powerful you get is a flare gun. Game was overrated and overhyped imo.
Yea generally it is, even the super hard mode was generally easy since you already know what to expect but I am a sucker for the horror genre (or physiological thriller, this was) so I had to give it a try.

Dar_Klink

I played XIV closed beta for about a week, and now I'm just waiting for Open Beta on the 31st. In the mean time I think I should pop in Red Dead Redemption or FFXIII again... it's been a while since I've used my PS3 :azan:

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Just got a PS3 finally and playing Wanted ( borrowed) I just won some money, so my first choice for a game to play will be Metal Gear Solid 4.

Oburi, they are M games for a reason. And if you still haven't beat FF XIII ,that one doesn't qualify as a short game.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Dar Klink said:
I played XIV closed beta for about a week, and now I'm just waiting for Open Beta on the 31st.

Postponed by Square Enix because of critical bugs. New date will be announced later.

Dar_Klink

Aazealh said:
Postponed by Square Enix because of critical bugs. New date will be announced later.
Yeah... just saw that. Luckily I've been playing S.T.A.L.K.E.R. recently, so I'll have more time for that at least! :troll:

Top Bottom