What Are You Playing?

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
Aazealh said:
Hahaha, it's "Varia". :guts: It's good that you're enjoying yourself, Super Metroid is a true classic.
Whoops! I hope you're enjoying Other M!

I just got a 360 yesterday, and I'm so excited. I haven't bought a new console since the Xbox. Late much? I just love that new console smell. It was like opening the package and getting hit in the face with nostalgia...but new. It reminded me of when I promised to get good grades so my parents would buy me a 64. : ) What a motivator.

I just ordered Red Dead and already bought Blazblue: Continuim Shift and Tales of Vesperia. Really enjoying both so far, Guilty Gear was one of my all time favorites so it's great to see how far the series has come. I don't think the character designs are quite as unique as Guilty Gear, but it makes up for it with stunning visuals and great gameplay.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Aphasia said:
Whoops! I hope you're enjoying Other M!

Not out here yet... I'll have to wait until Saturday.

Aphasia said:
I just got a 360 yesterday, and I'm so excited. I haven't bought a new console since the Xbox. Late much? I just love that new console smell. It was like opening the package and getting hit in the face with nostalgia...but new. It reminded me of when I promised to get good grades so my parents would buy me a 64. : ) What a motivator.

I just ordered Red Dead and already bought Blazblue: Continuim Shift and Tales of Vesperia. Really enjoying both so far, Guilty Gear was one of my all time favorites so it's great to see how far the series has come. I don't think the character designs are quite as unique as Guilty Gear, but it makes up for it with stunning visuals and great gameplay.

Congrats on the new purchase! There are some pretty cool games on the X360. Bad time to get in though, they just announced a price increase for the Xbox Live gold subscription.

Aphasia

Aazealh said:
Not out here yet... I'll have to wait until Saturday.

Congrats on the new purchase! There are some pretty cool games on the X360. Bad time to get in though, they just announced a price increase for the Xbox Live gold subscription.

Oh, poo.

Thanks! : ) Yeah, I'm impressed by some of the XBLA games, too. I just grabbed Ikaruga, Shank, Limbo and Geometry Wars. : D

Yeah, I heard about that. Kind of sucks. Although they have a deal on XBL where you can renew your subscription for the standard 40 whenever your account runs out.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Aphasia said:
Yeah, I heard about that. Kind of sucks. Although they have a deal on XBL where you can renew your subscription for the standard 40 whenever your account runs out.

Either that, or you have until november 1st to get the service at it's regular price.

I started to play Star Ocean Second Evolution for the PSP and so far I am enjoying it. The music is great unlike in Star Ocean 3, that was just crap compared to this. By the way I love your signature Dar Klink, got a laugh out of me. :serpico:

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
slan69 said:
By the way I love your signature Dar Klink, got a laugh out of me. :serpico:
D'aww thanks! :slan:
Was playing XIV Open Beta tonight, but I had a connection error on my side, and Square was having log-in server issues, so I got locked out. :sad:
Guess it's to be expected when this is a stress test stage of the beta, but I'm still annoyed that I could be playing right now if it wasn't for an error on my side.
If anybody plays, I'll be on the Figaro server, named Farnese Vandimion! :farnese:

Link's Awakening was nice! Charming and fun until the end.

You all should download the Amnesia demo that just came out: http://store.steampowered.com/app/57300/

It's EXTREME! I'm preordering it! Also I'm playing Final Fantasy XII again because the soundtrack made me want to replay it.

Aphasia

Eluvei said:
Link's Awakening was nice! Charming and fun until the end.

You all should download the Amnesia demo that just came out: http://store.steampowered.com/app/57300/

It's EXTREME! I'm preordering it! Also I'm playing Final Fantasy XII again because the soundtrack made me want to replay it.

I love Links awakening. One of my favorites, even beside a link to the past. Amnesia looks like it would scare the poop right out of you. I don't handle scary games so well. :magni:

I also agree - the panel in Dar Klinks signature made me triple take the first time I saw it.

Hehe after reading many of the posts here, i started playing Fallout 1. I absolutely love this game , what have i missed so many years. :schnoz:

I played a lot of SC2 since release, it's incredible how addictive it is in spite of the mess that is the new BNet.

Yesterday my copy of Metroid: Other M arrived. Pretty good so far, but some fights can be brutal to say the least.
I'm not complaining though, the benefit of a higher difficulty is that you take things more seriously, which is a good thing.

I went ahead and spoiled Metroid other M for myself, since I do not have a Wii and am a Metroid fanatic... I hope the game play is fun because the story is disappointing, and feels highly aimed at a Japanese audience, but keep us updated on your impressions.

I just beat Dead Rising: Case Zero. A lot of fun. So far I like Chuck Greene a little better then Frank. Though Frank has covered wars, ya know, Chuck seems to really get things done. I'm looking forward to Dead Rising 2 so far even though it is most likely just more of the same but in a new location.

Oburi

All praise Grail
BlazBlue Continuum Shift. I only played some of the tutorial and some challenges (which are pretty tough) but I look forward to starting story mode and arcade. I hope the story makes a little more sense this time around since I had no effing clue what was going on in the last game.

Also as great as Red Dead is, after playing for about 6 hours, I just can't get into it. I haven't played it since the one time, I understand why its such a great game but, similar to GTA I play it once and put it down for months and months. Not sure why.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I'm toward the end of Metroid: Other M, and I just bought VVVVVV on Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/70300/

Aphasia

Hey Oburi, I just bought Cont. Shift, too. We should play some matches sometime. My gamertag is MasterCrocodile.

I played the flash demo of VVVVV and found it immensely entertaining. I'll probably grab it next paycheck.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
I've been playing Luminous Arc 2 on the NDS. Good little game as far as I'm concerned. The gameplay, while not groundbreaking, is competent, and there's a lot of nice little additions that give the series its own personality.

I bought and finished Limbo recently and was underwhelmed despite my low expectations. Neat game, but not worth its price. I don't know why some people rave about it.

I'm also about to start playing the Mass Effect 2 DLCs I haven't touched yet. I've got high hopes for Liara's.

turkitage

ターク
never been a halo fan *shrug*

for whatever reason I started playing warhammer online and it's pretty fun. Just playing that and SC2, SSFIV, Melty Blood, Blazblue CS. I miss out on so many games cause I can always go back to fighting games and have fun. I should put it down and maybe play mass effect or metroid or something

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I'm replaying through Mass Effect 2 and all the DLC I've skipped since I beat the game in January. The Liara DLC
in particular is amazing. It's clear that BioWare listened to fans' complaints and implemented a solution. Bravo to them, and props for the comedic bits, which actually ended up providing some of the biggest laughs in the game, for me. :ganishka:

PS: 10,000 posts. :schnoz:

Johnstantine

Skibbidy Boo Bop
Aaz, Reach is a great game. If you don't purchase it, at least rent it or something and give it a shot.

Halo 3 was shit, as was ODST. They've finally made up for it with Reach.

Aphasia

That's some pretty swoll E-peen you got there Walter. :ganishka: Just jesting! : ) Grats

Been loving me some Halo Reach. It's a fantastic game. Loved the story.
Pretty melancholy ending. But super cool to see everything come together nicely, and how it streamlined into the first halo was perfect.

Top Bottom