What Are You Playing?

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Griffith said:
Very well, to my surprise. I think there's some minor lighting and effects differences, but better than some official PC ports I've seen, and overall it looks gorgeous (whatever the differences, > PS2). Most of the time I can just get lost in it and don't notice anything, but there was a little slowdown a couple of times during the fight with the third colossus, and strangely the worst was just before I got to the fifth, but not during the battle, which I thought might be too intensive but ran fine and was as breathtaking as ever. Anyway, it's good enough that I haven't bothered trying to make it better, but I've seen some youtube videos where it looks perfect.

Cool that you are playing it. I especially liked the flying colossi

Oburi

All praise Grail
I've got to say the demo for Resident Evil 6 was ... strange. I noticed you couldn't kick doors open. It didn't even show Leon bending down when he picks up ammo (as it did in five). Also the bodies still disappeared only less cool.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Oburi said:
I've got to say the demo for Resident Evil 6 was ... strange. I noticed you couldn't kick doors open. It didn't even show Leon bending down when he picks up ammo (as it did in five). Also the bodies still disappeared only less cool.

An early build I guess? Not particularly unusual I think.

Tried the RE 6 demo last night when I got home a little intoxicated (had it downloading before I left the house) and couldn't stay awake long enough to truly take it in. I agree with Oburi about it feeling a bit strange. It felt much faster than any of the old game I played which I'm not quite sure how I feel about. From what I could tell you could pretty much just kick the shit out of anything which I felt was a little off too. I loved the melee moves in previous game once they were staggering from shots but it seems they might have gone a bit overboard with the melee freedom.

How early a build can it really be Aaz? The game launches in less then a month, and the demo was a different/newer demo then the one released with Dragon Dogma. Would it not be safe to assume the game will be very similar in the final build? Like I said again this was a very poor playing of it and I'll be sure to try again sober when I get back from class :p

Nxa

The Struggler is unleashed.
Dark Souls, ofc. Well, not recently, but that goes for all gaming. But now, when autumn falls and new semester just began, there's time again for loitering :ganishka:
Boy, it's a treat. Most of the pros were mentioned by Walter maybe a dozen posts ago, but what I love the most, is how the world gets more grim, twisted and disturbing as you proceed. Say, The Depths, for instance. It's not just the usual vague sense of hazard or powerlessness, that is present for most of the game. The slime and grime, the absurd creatures, the maze-like and confusing environment...All that, it makes you hysterically just want to be somewhere - no, anywhere - else instead, that instant :magni:
Yet, you have no choice but to slosh through that morbid darkness... Awesome.

Played the Leon campaign and now playing Jakes. Enjoyed it alot more then I first though! Not sure quite yet where it will rank on my RE list but it should be an enjoyable game nonetheless.

Oburi said:
I noticed you couldn't kick doors open.

Do you mean with your melee attack? You can still choose to kick them open instead of open slowly if that's what you meant...but I noticed for parts of Leons campaign you couldn't.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Draculoid said:
We're talking about the demo! You do have to select "campaign" and then one of three characters.
Sorry, when you say "played the Leon campaign" it sounded pretty definitive. :schierke:

Walter said:
Sorry, when you say "played the Leon campaign" it sounded pretty definitive. :schierke:

Nope. Games not out yet :)

Just played through the Jake section and it was quite a bit more challenging. This demo so far has definitely gotten me more excited for the game. The gameplay and movement felt a little wonky at first but once you get used to the controls and dodgeing mechanics it becomes alot more smooth. Pumped to play Chris' part but I'm predicting it will be my least favorite of the 3.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
I liked Leon's campaign first, then Jake's. Chris' was the one that felt more like a shooter game than the other two. I also didn't like that you have to wait for your partner to help you open a door just before the checkpoint. Was even good to see
Ada
even in the demo.
I hope she has more interaction this time, and has some kind of transmormation

I've been playing Guild Wars 2 lately, not sure if there is a topic about it already. I would love to play with some fellow Berserk fans tho.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Haven't had much time these days, but I tried Smite's beta a bit. Seems promising, although having a good team completely determines the issue of the game.

Rhombaad said:
I beat Diablo the other day and started on Diablo II. I can't believe I missed playing these games when they first came out.

Diablo 1's atmosphere was something else, wasn't it? Sadly, I wish I could say the same for Diablo 2. :sad: I don't want to bias you negatively about it before you get a chance to play it but, that feeling you got when you first descended into the catacombs in Diablo 1 or when you first fought the Butcher? Nothing comes remotely close in the shitfest that is Diablo 2. As another member said once (can't remember who), Diablo 2 is more like Diablo 1 on crack.

On a related note, believe it or not guys but I played Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past for the 1st time just YESTERDAY. Didn't expect to get so much addicted to it really. Jumping back into it right now actually.

Played some of Leon's campaign in RE 6 this evening, well into chapter 2. Being so early in the game It's hard to make a real opinion yet and all the review sites seems to be fairly polarized. With 3 distinct campaigns and multiplayer I haven't even touched one things for sure and that's that this RE has LOTS of content (not necessarily for the better).

If there's one point I can make being this early, If Leon's campaign is supposed to be the "tamer" less action packed one....there is going to be ALOT of action in this game.

Oburi

All praise Grail
I think I might end up getting Borderlands 2 instead of RE6. :sad:

I played through the new Transformers: Fall Of Cybertron. It was really great. I'm not sure if it connects to the tv series as well as the first one did but it still has that feel. So many great moments and big action set pieces. Only wish it was a little longer. Still haven't played multiplayer yet tho.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Draculoid said:
d all the review sites seems to be fairly polarized.
I don't think it's very polarized at all. Examine the veracity of the sites that are giving it 90s—MondoXbox, Cheat Code Central, NZGamer... The genuine overall impression is that this is a big, bad game. Too bad for Capcom. I heard they had 600 employees working on this, including contract artists.

I bet it will still sell well for them. :griffnotevil:

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Surakemastura said:
Diablo 1's atmosphere was something else, wasn't it?

Yeah, I really enjoyed it. :serpico:

Surakemastura said:
the shitfest that is Diablo 2. As another member said once (can't remember who), Diablo 2 is more like Diablo 1 on crack.

I'm most of the way through Act 1, and I don't think it's a shiftfest at all. It's not a 1:1 copy of Diablo, but it's a lot of fun to play, and I'm enjoying the hell out of it (no pun intended).

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Walter said:
I don't think it's very polarized at all. Examine the veracity of the sites that are giving it 90s—MondoXbox, Cheat Code Central, NZGamer... The genuine overall impression is that this is a big, bad game. Too bad for Capcom. I heard they had 600 employees working on this, including contract artists.

Yeah, it's a real shame. Looks like it has some good parts too, but they're overshadowed by the bad ones. It's the first main RE title I'm not buying, feels a bit weird.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Aazealh said:
Yeah, it's a real shame. Looks like it has some good parts too, but they're overshadowed by the bad ones. It's the first main RE title I'm not buying, feels a bit weird.
I actually hoped you would try it out and let me know how it really is. I secretly hoped this was going to be a good game :sad:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Walter said:
I actually hoped you would try it out and let me know how it really is. I secretly hoped this was going to be a good game :sad:

Well I might get it out of curiosity when it's on sale, but I'm not paying full price for a mediocre game.

Top Bottom