What Are You Playing?

Funny you mention the RE8 demo. I was annoyed by the PS5 only one, so when I heard about this the other day I downloaded it to my PS4, then I started it up and saw a countdown to the "next demo," which begged the question; what the fuck is Capcom doing?

Oh... this reminds me that the reason Capcom is in position to have so many make-good "comebacks," like RE7, RE2make, or the last couple seasons of SF5, is they're fucking up the other half the time in the first place! Seriously, what the fuck is this shit? I wanted to play this game without a demo, but all this exclusionary FOMO bullshit is aggravating and alienating. I'm honestly considering wasting my time and money elsewhere. Remember when people were annoyed by regular DLC or pay-to-win loot boxes? Gaming is going dangerously close in the direction where you're going to need to pay a subscription fee just to turn your system or games on to play by yourself, and I'm afraid it will work. So, my thoughts on RE8 are I think I'm ready for the pandemic to be over and to stop exposing myself to this kind of shit just to play some corny ass game about werewolves and vampires in a haunted castle. I'm sure it's cooler than that, but there's currently no way for me to confirm this. =)
Damn Griff! While I agree the demo timing and fomo bullshit is real annoying, it's still just a short, free demo at the end of the day. I wouldn't hold it against the actual games release too much, it really is looking like a god one! I feel like the best thing to do is not even watch the trailers or play the demos honestly (I know I caved) , and just play the final product when its released and be surprised.

Last edited:

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Damn Griff! While I agree the demo timing and fomo bullshit is real annoying, it's still just a short, free demo at the end of the day. I wouldn't hold it against the actual games release too much, it really is looking like a god one! I feel like the best thing to do is not even watch the trailers or play the demos honestly (I know I caved) , and just play the final product when its released and be surprised.

Yeah, I agree with proceeding that way actually, and haven't really thought much of it until today. So, what an impression to make when I try to casually check it out, huh? I'm not even particularly crazy about playing demos etc (sometimes it's just more hassle even under the best of circumstances), though I did play the past two for RE2/3 before purchasing, and the same for RE Revelations on 3DS, so that worked! But pulling this crap is just such a turn off they'd have been better off doing nothing, and they definitely deserve backlash for this anti-consumer viral marketing horseshit. It's just a terrible idea and precedent overall, arbitrarily time-locking and unlocking content (fuck you, Capcom), and however much publicity it generates they should have to eat enough shit to acknowledge it sucks and they won't do it again. Where are the toxic fanboys to carry out this crusade!? I can't be the most unreasonable one. =)

Anyway, as I've said in other posts, I'm also just annoyed in general with the constant electronic content licencing shenanigans going on these days, making everything harder when it should actually be easier. It's the same old story; new technology makes things more convenient for a while until the powers-that-be figure out how to use it to make everything worse. :schierke:

Last edited:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Regarding the demos, I'm guessing it's possible they have a deal with Sony for an exclusive PS5 one. Really wouldn't surprised me. As for me, I'll play RE8 on my PS4 and in good old FHD and not 4K. Loading times? Sony's desensitized me to them over the last 20 years, much to Miyamoto's dismay, so the PS5 really has no allure.

I feel like the best thing to do is not even watch the trailers or play the demos honestly (I know I caved) , and just play the final product when its released and be surprised.

That's what I always do these days for big games. A demo is just a spoiler, really.

That's what I always do these days for big games. A demo is just a spoiler, really.
IGN just came out with a big exclusive preview article about a FIVE HOUR demo they got access to. It's popped up in my recommended news articles and I'm doing my best to avoid it. What strikes me however is that it's 5 freaking hours and apparently only a small slice of the beginning of the game! If this was RE7 they'd be over half done already. I wonder how freaking huge this game is going to be.

Also makes me feel better about what I've seen in the 20 minute demo I played... Got a lot of good stuff to come.

Griffith

Regarding the demos, I'm guessing it's possible they have a deal with Sony for an exclusive PS5 one. Really wouldn't surprised me.

It's fucking ridiculous, like nobody is buying the PS5 for exclusive demos unless they're a moron and were gonna buy it anyway (it doesn't even have any good games!). That's not Sony making their system better or more attractive with an admirably killer app they wisely invested in or something, that's them seeing to it everyone is denied something that should literally just be freely available. I'm not giving my money to these fucking gangsters so they can try to charge me to use my own internet. Next Sony will start selling "protection" so nothing bad happens to your system.

As for me, I'll play RE8 on my PS4 and in good old FHD and not 4K. Loading times? Sony's desensitized me to them over the last 20 years, much to Miyamoto's dismay, so the PS5 really has no allure.

Same, what's funny is Sony is resorting to the same pitch as the old Nintendo systems they outsold. Not that it matters, they're well on their way to dominating this generation anyway, which, again, makes all the exclusionary tactics, even with their own other hardware, fucking obscene. When I do get RE8 it'll be on PC.

I'm fine with it when the demo is like the first half hour of the game or something so you're essentially just playing it early, but unfortunately Capcom has been doing these weird demos where you're in the middle of some random, modified section of the game for a while. It's kind of bizarre, and it sounds like the RE8 version of this with multiple random locations is even weirder.

I guess us folks on SK.net are just desensitized to long waits in general .:ganishka:

Delay is my gratification. :daiba:

IGN just came out with a big exclusive preview article about a FIVE HOUR demo they got access to. It's popped up in my recommended news articles and I'm doing my best to avoid it. What strikes me however is that it's 5 freaking hours and apparently only a small slice of the beginning of the game! If this was RE7 they'd be over half done already.

Best case scenario is it'll be like RE4 in that regard. I'm wary though since "It's HUGE" is a common selling point whether it's really true of a game or not. The extrapolated size of these games based on how big one section is relative to the rest is easily exaggerated.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
IGN just came out with a big exclusive preview article about a FIVE HOUR demo they got access to. It's popped up in my recommended news articles and I'm doing my best to avoid it. What strikes me however is that it's 5 freaking hours and apparently only a small slice of the beginning of the game! If this was RE7 they'd be over half done already. I wonder how freaking huge this game is going to be.

Hmm, I'm wary of these outlets, I basically never take their word for granted. I don't expect RE8 to be a 60 hours game. That being said, I do remember RE4 being much longer than I had expected back in the day, so perhaps they also pulled something like that this time. We'll see.

Same, what's funny is Sony is resorting to the same pitch as the old Nintendo systems they outsold. Not that it matters, they're well on their way to dominating this generation anyway, which, again, makes all the exclusionary tactics, even with their own other hardware, fucking obscene. When I do get RE8 it'll be on PC.

Haha, well the Switch was still the highest seller last month. :iva: I'll get Resident Evil 8 on the Switch Pro! :troll:

I'm fine with it when the demo is like the first half hour of the game or something so you're essentially just playing it early, but unfortunately Capcom has been doing these weird demos where you're in the middle of some random, modified section of the game for a while. It's kind of bizarre, and it sounds like the RE8 version of this with multiple random locations is even weirder.

Yeah, not a big fan of these "vertical slices" demos. They're fine to validate a development milestone, but I'd rather not experience them as a consumer.

Griffith

Hmm, I'm wary of these outlets, I basically never take their word for granted. I don't expect RE8 to be a 60 hours game. That being said, I do remember RE4 being much longer than I had expected back in the day, so perhaps they also pulled something like that this time. We'll see.

Yeah, there's no telling if the purported length estimates of these games is bolstered with side content filler that may or may not have anything to do with the actual game. Capcom and the RE franchise are especially guilty of this; just look at RE3R and their dumb online multiplayer that was literally a whole other game nobody asked for instead of producing the complete RE3 content for which we paid.

Since RE4 the only games that haven't been on the shorter side are RE6 and RE2R (and Revelations =), and even then they weren't big either. VIIIAGE would seemingly be a good premise to remedy that, but I do wonder if pleasant surprises like the epic, seemingly never-ending progression of RE4 left with Mikami.

Haha, well the Switch was still the highest seller last month. :iva: I'll get Resident Evil 8 on the Switch Pro! :troll:

Yeah man, still going strong, not only does it have a huge install lead on PS5 but it'll start approaching PS4 numbers if the Pro gives it even more legs, if not bigger upgrades. Or if Sony's sales pitch doesn't improve from, "It's the new Playstation!" and "Just buy it or else!" Here's hoping it can at least keep the competition honest. X-Box S/X isn't out of reach either thanks to Sony's failure to meet demand (and they couldn't be more diametrically opposed from a consumer friendly standpoint).

Yeah, not a big fan of these "vertical slices" demos. They're fine to validate a development milestone, but I'd rather not experience them as a consumer.

At worst it's misleading too, such was the case with RE3 where they basically let you play the designated city streets part until Nemesis starts relentlessly hunting you, the implication being the whole game would be like that. That was like a demo for a better game they chose not to make.:shrug:

Fuck, in retrospect they should have just added Nemesis to RE2 as one of the Mr. X replacements when one is killed. Would have been a better experience than what we got in RE3R.

Last edited:
I started playing more of Dark Souls 2 and even though it is flawed, I am definitely enjoying it. Thank you Griffith and Oburi. I was pretty close to dropping it and I'm glad I didn't.

I also did a quick speed-run of the Resident Evil Remake on one of my days off. It is still one of my favourite Resi games. I don't like it as much as CV, but it will always have a place in my heart due to its great amount of replayability. I remember spending a whole chunk of High school just trying get the best times for Jill. I still have those zombie dodging skills, but I can hardly remember any enemy layouts (besides the famous ones, like the Hunters jumping from the staircase).

RaffoBaffo

Ex-Newser of the late Berserk Chronicles
I've beat the original Street Fighter.
Still don't know why I did it.

Also, playing RE6.
That I know why, I feel a need for something stupid while I lab Guile on SFV.

Griffith

I started playing more of Dark Souls 2 and even though it is flawed, I am definitely enjoying it. Thank you Griffith and Oburi. I was pretty close to dropping it and I'm glad I didn't.

*faux-British accent*

Oh, thanking us are you? Well, hopefully that doesn't prove premature when you've gone hollow. Ha... Ha... Ha... Ha... Ha...

I also did a quick speed-run of the Resident Evil Remake on one of my days off. It is still one of my favourite Resi games. I don't like it as much as CV, but it will always have a place in my heart due to its great amount of replayability. I remember spending a whole chunk of High school just trying get the best times for Jill.

It looked amazing back then, and the HD edition still holds up today, just fantastic graphic design. GameCube has a lot of games like that, the two Zeldas, RE4, Mario Sunshine, the Metroid Prime series, etc.

I've beat the original Street Fighter.
Still don't know why I did it.

Yikes, I think I still have a save game with Ken halfway in on the 30th Anniversary Collection, but I've never had the patience to see it all the way through.

Also, playing RE6.
That I know why, I feel a need for something stupid while I lab Guile on SFV.

RE6 is trashy fun, it's kind of like a greatest hits, or worst gimmicks, collection riffing on, or ripping off, the series' past. Leon's campaign has all the classic RE zombie action, Wesker Jr. basically rips off Nemesis, and of course ubermensch Chris has the later series' signature ethnic cleansing, fulfilling its destiny by going to China.

As for SFV, I could never get into Guile. I'm just not into the charge characters in general. It's shotos for life for me, though unless I want to master Akuma I should really switch to Cammy or something if I want to win. You can do fine with Ken online, but it's tedious. Partly for that reason I've pretty much been off SFV since the beginning of this month when I had to travel and stay out of town, and now am back on the MK11 train, where you can get both labbing and stupid at once! Speaking of which, I've been working on my Reptile-Scorpion, but even though I can do the highest damage combos with him I'm still not as comfortable with him as I am with Shang Tsung or even Sheeva (because she's easy =), especially online, so they're who I stick with when I need to win a set. Plus, Shang is just so much fun to mess around with, even his extra little transformations you can do after his Brutalities. Speaking of Street Fighter and Capcom though...

We've heard your feedback and are extending the availability period for the final 60-minute multi-platform #REVillage demo. The original 24-hour window starting 5PM PDT May 1 (1AM BST May 2) has been increased by a week, and now ends at the same times on May 9 PDT (May 10 BST).

Translation: "While obnoxiously trying to hype our game it wasn't our intention to instead piss everyone off and have them shitting all over us. Please go back to tweeting about the big lady."

Last edited:

RaffoBaffo

RE6 is trashy fun, it's kind of like a greatest hits, or worst gimmicks, collection riffing on, or ripping off, the series' past. Leon's campaign has all the classic RE zombie action, Wesker Jr. basically rips off Nemesis, and of course ubermensch Chris has the later series' signature ethnic cleansing, fulfilling its destiny by going to China.

As for SFV, I could never get into Guile. I'm just not into the charge characters in general. It's shotos for life for me, though unless I want to master Akuma I should really switch to Cammy or something if I want to win. You can do fine with Ken online, but it's tedious.
For RE6, oh, I know how RE6 is

For SF, yeah, I too am a shoto main.
My main in 3rdS is Akuma, in the Alpha series E.Ryu/Ken.

In SFV I started with Akuma, but it feels a bit off, maybe I'm too used to the 3rdS version.
I startet labbing Guile because, watching Daigo' streams, it seemed fun, and it is.
Also, for my shoto love side, I'm labbing Buffed Ryu, better know as Ryu from Fortnite.

Griffith

For RE6, oh, I know how RE6 is
MEDIA=youtube]7LrVou1Jo7w[/MEDIA]

Oh yeah, I knew there was another reason this game was infamous. :ganishka:

For SF, yeah, I too am a shoto main.
My main in 3rdS is Akuma, in the Alpha series E.Ryu/Ken.

When I was a kid playing SF2 I used to play as Dhalsim because I figured the full screen reach would be an advantage, and SFV has proven me right! I also messed around with Blanka and Dictator until finally settling on Ken and so it's been in pretty much every game after.

In SFV I started with Akuma, but it feels a bit off, maybe I'm too used to the 3rdS version.

Same with Ken, though he's a lot closer, but also a lot weaker and doesn't really have a good bread and butter move that my opponent isn't actively baiting for a crush counter, plus EVERYONE knows how to defend him. I actually had more fun playing Dan, but he's not better and a bad influence because you'll just start throwing away matches goofing around.

I startet labbing Guile because, watching Daigo' streams, it seemed fun, and it is.
Also, for my shoto love side, I'm labbing Buffed Ryu, better know as Ryu from Fortnite.

I too enjoy Daigo's streams, especially when translated. Maybe Tokido could make you more excited about Akuma, since he is such a different animal in V. I was also thinking of switching to buffed Ryu in his Ken costume but the whole idea just isn't very inspiring. At least my main is in the game, in MK11 I have to settle for playing every ninja in a green outfit.:shrug:

Speaking of which, my dream scenario for the final SFV character... Chameleon from Mortal Kombat! Give him the klassic ninja moves, maybe divvy them up via v skills and triggers (maybe just a "Ninja" and you make them either Scorpion or Sub-Zero centric) so you can essentially build your own and we'd finally have official SF vs MK. Probably never going to happen in a Capcom game since an MK hasn't released in Japan in like 20 years, but it'd be pretty a big deal in the FGC (and they've had their finger on the pulse since seasons 4 and 5 started). Also, Liu Kang would be less gimmicky and maybe even cooler since there's no Fei Long, etc. He's the most natural fit for SF and Liu Kang versus Ryu is definitely the symbolic dream matchup you want.

Last edited:

RaffoBaffo

Yeh, I watch Tokido (I watch Daigo, Tokido, BrianF and Punk) still, that Akuma doesn't it me like it should...also, at this point he play Urien more than Akuma :troll:

Griffith

PYeh, I watch Tokido (I watch Daigo, Tokido, BrianF and Punk) still, that Akuma doesn't it me like it should...also, at this point he play Urien more than Akuma :troll:

Well, it seems like playing Urien is almost required in high level competition these days. Tokido is a little too dry and earnest for me though, whereas Daigo and Punk make me laugh, for different reasons; they'd make a great odd couple/buddy cop team. Punk on a Urien player demanding he get "blocking" (parrying in Japan): "This is how you know Uriens don't block, they don't think it's a part of his mechanic(s)." :ganishka:

Mortal Kombat 11 - Was trying out Liu Kang last night, but however good they feel in practice it's rough starting a new character, even one with his strengths. I'm having better luck relearning Sub-Zero, where at least I can krushing blow the AI to dust (good against remotes is one thing, against the living...). Also, no joke, as I indicated yesterday all my subs after Shang and Sheeva are basically some Reptile-based variation, in order of my proficiency:

Scorpion: Klassic REPTILE
Sub-Zero: Human REPTILE
Noob Saibot: Revenant REPTILE
Rain: Cyber REPTILE (I hate this variation)
Baraka: Lizard REPTILE (I barely remember this one)

Otherwise, I've been trying to up my Shang Tsung mix-up combo game, and it's to the point that I fare much better with him against superior competition (there was a point where Sheeva was an easier or a safer bet, but that's becoming less the case, but it could be I'm only employing her in bad situations anyway). Part of that is I've used him so much that I'm just naturally more comfortable and safer with him through experience (you get burned enough and you learn to avoid the hot spots). Anyway, I'm trying to master some overhead, low, overhead and overhead, high mixups to make even the best players guess and hopefully open them up. To that end I had a few wins in the "Pro" Kompetition East Tournament today and think I made it to the lower round of 32 before being eliminated. Might be my best showing yet (half the time you can advance because your opponent no-shows though =) but I'm not even sure how I ultimately placed since it wasn't over last I checked.

For some reason I couldn't check-in to also play the West coast side, which I'd done in the same tournaments before, maybe because I was still active in the East bracket at the time? Anyway, overall it went much better than my first one of these pro-style contests where I didn't even realize you needed three match wins to take the set so was like this after winning two:

That's about how it worked out for me too.

Not that today was without incident, I accidentally selected the wrong variation at first because, even though I created a preferred default, they still put the old tournament variations ahead of your favorited kustom so I ended up picking Warlock because it was first, leaving me without any of my preferred tools (this happens online more than I'd like to admit =). I still took the first match that way since I used to play Warlock exclusively before kustoms were legal, but was almost relieved to lose the next match so I could switch to what I'd actually been practicing.

That's alot of of MK11 though, so tonight I try...

Resident Evil VII_I_AGE - Now that Capcom has made the wise choice of actually allowing us to demo their demos, I'm going to be giving both the PS4 and PC ones a try. Even though I agree with Aaz' sentiment it's best just to go into these games fresh, I actually have a practical reason to play the demos... To see if the PS4 or PC experience is superior, or at least which of my setups is. The only advantage the PS4 should have is the big screen and the furniture in the living room, but if I really cared I could just run an HDMI from the PC, which should be capable of running it at "next gen" settings if that makes a big difference. I'd also get the high refresh rate on the monitor (and potential daytime access when the family is occupying the living room), but overall it's tough to beat a big screen, a recliner and big dark room when it comes to the overall experience. We'll see!

Last edited:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Resident Evil VII_I_AGE - Now that Capcom has made the wise choice of actually allowing us to demo their demos, I'm going to be giving both the PS4 and PC ones a try. Even though I agree with Aaz' sentiment it's best just to go into these games fresh, I actually have a practical reason to play the demos... To see if the PS4 or PC experience is superior, or at least which of my setups is. The only advantage the PS4 should have is the big screen and the furniture in the living room, but if I really cared I could just run an HDMI from the PC, which should be capable of running it at "next gen" settings if that makes a big difference. I'd also get the high refresh rate on the monitor (and potential daytime access when the family is occupying the living room), but overall it's tough to beat a big screen, a recliner and big dark room when it comes to the overall experience. We'll see!

See, that's why I don't have to bother with demos, you're doing all the hard work in my stead! :ubik:
Please do let me know on which platform to buy the game once you've ascertained it. :farnese:

Griffith

See, that's why I don't have to bother with demos, you're doing all the hard work in my stead! :ubik:
Please do let me know on which platform to buy the game once you've ascertained it. :farnese:

Haha, well, it was pretty good on PS4, and there's another factor I hadn't mentioned... if I buy the PS4 version, I also get it for PS5, which I still plan on procuring sooner rather than later, so that's enticing as I'll already be building for the future (of course, am I ever going to play this again?). We'll see, I'll try the PC version tonight for comparison and obviously if it's just worlds better I'll have to lean in that direction (now that my VR doesn't use HDMI that's an extra port free for the TV). I'm guessing it won't be notably different though. I've seen the PS4 vs Pro vs PS5 comparisons and they all look negligibly different, if not worse on the higher end platforms as they flatten out all the lighting, color and contrast trying to show more details at the expense of the big picture. The PS4 has the luxury of just trying to look as good as possible by hook or crook. Hell, it wouldn't shock me if Sony asked Capcom turn the settings down on PS4. =)

Last edited:

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great

Also makes me feel better about what I've seen in the 20 minute demo I played... Got a lot of good stuff to come.
This game better not be really long. I don't have that kind of time to commit.

I also did a quick speed-run of the Resident Evil Remake on one of my days off.
Nice! I have been playing it recently (though not a speedrun). I didn't like it at first, especially when I was lost, running back and forth between the East and West sides of the mansion. Now that I explored way more of the game, I'm really enjoying the it. I probably will play the Chris campaign before RE8.

Griffith

I finally played the RE8: Village demo on my PC and... wow, I was impressed! I could really see the difference and I was only running it on the "balanced" setting for better performance, but holy shit it looked good in any case.

I may have to go this way now, because on PS4 it kinda just looked like... a PS4 game, especially on my mediocre TV seen through my old glasses I need to replace (YMMV), while on my monitor I could really see all the granular details (faces look amazing, even dumb shit like Ethan's hands seem better than I've ever seen). Also, since I had it on my solid state drive, loading was instantaneous compared to the old 4.

After all, if I'm going to pay $60 to play it this weekend, it might as well look and play as good as it can now rather than banking on however better it might be on PS5 when I may no longer care or am too busy working. So, barring an unforeseen disaster when I try the Castle demo or test it on my TV though HDMI for comparison, I'm back to my initial feeling that PC is the way to go.

As for the content of the demos, I don't know why they're bothering to also remake RE4 because this basically already looks like a remake of it by way of RE7. Obviously less shooting action, more horror, and hopefully less silly than RE4's plot, but it's hard to say at this point. I thought Ethan was effective in RE7 simply by virtue of what he endured, particularly early on when he gets his hand chainsawed off lol (that was a serious, "How are we coming back from this!?" moment =). I mean, if I were in his shoes then with that family, I'd probably just be looking to die as quickly as possible. On the other hand, I don't know if it makes sense to bring him back doing the same shtick, "It's happening again!?" Gimme a break. You can only be realistically uninitiated so long before it's silly again in its own way. By RE9 he'll be the new Chris, but reattaching his own limbs like Zodd.

Speaking if which, due to the similarity with RE4 and just the nature and development of their characters, it should really be Leon in this sinister mystery man friend/foe role rather than Chris. Ethan is the new rookie Leon, etc, and I fear the worst case scenario where they turn Chris into the new he-who-shall-not-be-named, "My name is... Chris Redfield." :badbone:

Griffith

I seem to have lost the edit/delete function on the bottom of my posts? :???:

I just wanted to add impressions from the RE8 PC Castle demo, which, while not as awe-inspiring as the Village, still had some amazingly detailed visuals and probably more representative gameplay since there's a lot more general environmental interaction and combat. The whole vibe is very RE4, but more methodical and horror-oriented. Basically, it seems like they took the lessons learned in the making of RE7 and RE2R, and are applying them to an RE4-style setting. Once again, if you swapped out Chris for Leon this would basically feel like RE4,-2, and it could basically be the equivalent of RE2R in that regard, except they're purportedly really working on that for some reason. Maybe this is secretly a remake of the original RE4 premise with the haunted castle. =)

Edit: Well, I have edit functions on this post, so there's a timer now like with private messages? Not great for deletions, though it it does prevent me from enacting my twisted fantasy of taking a post multiple people have liked and changing the contents to horribly offensive and incendiary things. =)

Last edited:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I seem to have lost the edit/delete function on the bottom of my posts? :???:
There's a 24h limit, I believe. If that's a problem, we can bump it. I do think there should be a limit though.

I installed the Village demo, eager to try it out on my PC after Griff's impressions of the visuals. Maybe this weekend? I still need to buy/play VII though...

Griffith

There's a 24h limit, I believe. If that's a problem, we can bump it. I do think there should be a limit though.

Yeah, it makes sense for edits to be limited, for the humorous example I gave above and more situations like it, but maybe after a few days or up to a week... IDK, maybe I'm the only one editing posts days later, but it's usually when my post has been the last in a thread for a while.

Deletions, on the other hand, should have no time limit in my opinion, just so one still has some measure of control over their "work" or speech as it were. It's also a nice compromise paired with editing limits so you can't abuse that feature but can also get rid of your post altogether if you feel strongly enough about it.

Regrets... I've had a few... ♪

I installed the Village demo, eager to try it out on my PC after Griff's impressions of the visuals. Maybe this weekend?

See that you do it this weekend if you want to check it out, because the demo is supposedly going away after the 9th. I definitely recommend the Village portion if you want to see what they can do presentation-wise. Some of models and animation took me back to, like, Half-Life 2, and that sense of, "whoa, this is a jump." It looked like the last gen console bottleneck was lifted, essentially. The Castle felt more typical and is probably a better gauge of if you're going to enjoy playing this thing for hours or not though.

I still need to buy/play VII though...

I actually reinstalled it the other day to go back and check out the Chris DLC, but it just didn't have the same vibe and magic that made the base game effective, which was a decidedly grimier, lo-fi affair; more VHS, Polaroids and bloody hammers than cutting edge special forces fantasy. It's basically Gone Home with a body count lol

Last edited:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, it makes sense for edits to be limited, for the humorous example I gave above and more situations like it, but maybe after a few days or up to a week... IDK, maybe I'm the only one editing posts days later, but it's usually when my post has been the last in a thread for a while.

Sorry, it's my fault. I tweaked some settings between user categories and must have put in that limit for standard users by mistake, it's now much longer!

Maybe this is secretly a remake of the original RE4 premise with the haunted castle. =)

Count me IN!

I still need to buy/play VII though...

VIII seems to be a direct sequel to VII so it might be best to get through it first, yeah. At the same time, the storyline is as ridiculous as it's ever been, so maybe you don't need to care. :ganishka:

Top Bottom