What are you watching? (television thread)

Griffith

My posts are better.
Anybody getting pumped for the new Dark Crystal series on Netflix? The first trailer dropped today:

That's pretty impressive, and still kind of an astonishing thing to have exist. I just wish it wasn't a prequel series that'll likely tread the same ground and run into a dead end as prequels tend to do. Visually it looks great though, and I'm curious how far they took the practical effects versus CGI enhancement and how they chose to apply it.

Last edited:

Grail

Feel the funk blast
That's pretty impressive, and still kind of an astonishing thing to have exist. I just wish it wasn't a prequel series that'll likely tread the same ground and run into a dead end as prequels tend to do. Visually it looks great though, and I'm curious how far they took the practical effects versus CGI enhancement and how they chose to apply it.
I have been excited to learn more about the planning of this series since I initially heard that they would be focusing on practical effects with actual puppetry. I agree on the note about being a prequel, but I think the details are vague enough that they will have the chance to do some exciting, unexpected things.

Caught up with S2 of Barry last night. What a ride and easily one of the best shows on air right now. The writing is top notch, Bill Hader is great and the supporting cast is amazing too, especially Noho Hank. We hit the pause on the show for 3 weeks ago because my girlfriend couldn't get past a scene, it made her incredibly anxious and uncomfortable.

Next up - Chernobyl.

Griffith

My posts are better.
I had basically the same post cued up, exact quote and everything.

Anyway...

Westworld season 2 was a Lostian letdown, but here's hoping season 3 might become worthwhile with a change of scenery, focus and the welcome addition of Mr. Paul. If they really wanted to crank up the intrigue they should have brought on Cranston too. =) He'd actually be perfect for the show, could basically replace Hopkins.

Other than that, I'm thinking of picking up Veep or Better Call Saul again if there's ever time to watch.

Last edited:
...especially Noho Hank.
Noho Hank is the best!

Next up - Chernobyl.
Please do share your thoughts on the show. A friend recommended it to me, but I’m still not sure whether I’ll watch it.

Westworld season 2 was a Lostian letdown, but here's hoping season 3 might become worthwhile with a change of scenery, focus and the welcome addition of Mr. Paul
Fingers crossed.

My wife gave up on the show a long time ago, but Aaron Paul will make season 3 must-watch for her.

Last edited:
Top Bottom