What are you watching? (television thread)

Griffith

My posts are better.
Welp, onto the season finale!
Did the finale correct course for you at all, or too little, too late? As much as I welcomed it, particularly some of the imagery, I'm not optimistic it could act as a panacea if the buildup essentially did nothing for you.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Did the finale correct course for you at all, or too little, too late? As much as I welcomed it, particularly some of the imagery, I'm not optimistic it could act as a panacea if the buildup essentially did nothing for you.
Didn’t end up watching it. But I should still have an appetite after dinner tonight.

Griffith

My posts are better.
Didn’t end up watching it. But I should still have an appetite after dinner tonight.
It will hopefully be a fine dessert of human... meat parts, uh cannibalism?... Ugh. I think they were trying to get Hannibal to slip up through puns. There's only so many euphemisms for eating people before you just come out and say it.

Alternative casting:

Oburi

All praise Grail
Funny thing about It's Always Sunny. Loved the first few seasons. Then it got kind of old and repetitive for a while. Then with the latest season suddenly it seemed fresh and funny again, even though it was the same basic formula. I think it's just the pure endurance with which the gang keeps plugging along year after year despite clearly getting older that makes it seem even more ridiculous. They clearly have a blast making the show together.

Chilling Adventures of Sabrina on Netflix. I've watched two episodes and so far it's cool, I like the perspective of camera and look of it - a little bit blurred on the sides, giving it this strange vibe. But ofc it has downsides too so I'm not sure if this is good way to go. I don't know the source for this show - comic book - but I don't really like how witches are portrayed as these Satan worshipers, it probably must be source comic book for this show but I just don't know. Other than that, it's pretty fun to watch.

Trailer for Raised by Wolves on HBO Max - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAg6RTQEfeM

Synopsis - Mother was programmed to protect everyone after Earth had been destroyed. When the big bad wolf shows up, she is the one we must trust.

Ridley Scott's producing this and conceptually, it looks a bit like a recent Netflix movie - I am Mother. With Ridley though ... the storytelling might be hotch-potch :magni: ... I'll still check it out I think.

Oburi

All praise Grail
I'm pretty late, but The Last Dance is now on Netflix, and it's stunning.
I watched the entire thing in one go. I'm not really into basketball but reliving that level of pure greatness and uncompromising competitive spirit is awe inspiring.

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Dark : finished it yesterday. I enjoyed the show overall (mostly s1 and s2 are my favorite seasons). The last 3 episodes got a tiny bit on my nevres. The execution was a bit weird at some point. It felt to me that the show runners were inspired at some point by what happened in Fringed with the Peter Bishop storyline.. I'll have to rewatch the last season to really make my mind about it though.

Top Bottom