Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Equal

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Other

Votes: 4 16.7%

• Total voters

IsolatioN

Last Soldier Standing
So, what does everyone think our favorite manga-creator spends more time on? Do you think he spends most of his Berserk-related time thinking up the story and what will happen next, or drawing amazing panels and working on different drawing techniques?

Personally, I think he spends more time on developing the story. Although, he must spend a large portion of time making those amazing scenes we all love.

What do you think?

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Hmm.... I'm sure he knows what he wants to do with his story at this point in terms of the story. And he has editor to help him out with the final production of the manga... I'm not going to vote, because I really can't pick.

When he started off, I'm sure thinking up the story was the hardest part -- but it was worth the headaches, no doubt. Nobody else I know of has written such a great saga.. it's what keeps me coming back for more.... that and the artwork :badbone:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I think an aspect of Miura's work that people tend to underestimate is how much research must be involved before he commits to a historically accurate parallel in the series. Two seperate and yet intrinsically linked examples of his research can be seen in the history behind the Kushans, and the basis behind Silat's exotic weaponry.

But really, most of the armor and weaponry throughout the series is pretty dead-on accurate to some real-life counterpart (I must have visited the same museums as Miura when I was in France =) ) with perhaps the exception of the Dragon Slayer. And when you take in the instances of detailed architecture, that's a lot of work... On top of all that, he's fashioned an awesome story with one-of-a-kind characters too.

In answer to the original question, like Aazealh, I don't think he can really split his time too unevenly between all his duties. Paneling, the story, the research, they're all vital.

God only knows what he spends most of his time on, be it drawing,thinking,research etc, but I'm sure he puts a great deal of time into each based on the quality of his works. If I had to guess I think it would take the most time to draw out the manga.

I would have to go with thinking moreso. Although drawing's very time consuming, the man has people to help him along the way with the art. I get the impression he doesn't rely on others for help with the story or the creative side of things outside elements of inspiration, historical or otherwise.

Besides, it could very well be something that's often unconsciously on his mind even when he doesn't have a pen in his hand ready to write something. You can't make as much progress thinking about drawing until you actually get the pencil out.

IsolatioN

Last Soldier Standing
carbonater said:
This thread makes me realize just how lucky I am to be living while Miura creates his legacy.

Exactly. That was one of the ideas which made me decide to make this thread. It really is neat to be alive while Miura weaves this amazing legacy of graphic novels. It's like.. History in the making, I'd like to say. When were all old foggies, rocking in our rocking chairs reminiscing of when the "good manga's" were being released, we'll tell the youngins' "back in my day.... we read BERSERK! Not any of this weird stuff you youngin's read..!"

:p

And it makes you wonder sometimes what if he got hurt or died?

Yea, I think the time spend drawing or thinking would vary per episode....

S

smoke

I can't help but think that he spends more time drawing. Seriously, the amount of detail in almost every single frame is fscking unreal. I <3 it.

Top Bottom