What the hell?

rubbereruben

I´m rubber, you´re glue.
Why does it happen that every time I try to type G a t t s, It turns into Guts?

I mean, wthell? I want it to be G a t t s, I don't care whoever says Guts or what is right or wrong, I want to be able to say G a t t s.

Next thing you'll change every time I say shit into fun!

Seriously, why is this?

Edit: whoops, wrong place. I hope an admin can put it where it belongs...

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Because Guts is the correct spelling. That and a while back the admins got tired of seeing 58 variations of Guts' name going around on the board. So now when ever you type in any of those names it gets changed to Guts.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
rubbereruben said:
Why does it happen that every time I try to type G a t t s, It turns into Guts?

Because it's been set up that way.

rubbereruben said:
I want it to be G a t t s, I don't care whoever says Guts or what is right or wrong, I want to be able to say G a t t s.

Nobody cares about what you want, it's Guts.

rubbereruben said:
Edit: whoops, wrong place. I hope an admin can put it where it belongs...

Done.

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
I'll never understand why you'd want to spell it incorrectly. Not meaning this as a personal attack, but it just sort of comes off as immature. It doesn't even sound cool.

ShinHell9

I started on here when I was like 14...
kid_berserk said:
and I want to be able to say i d i o t, but It turns into "rubbereruben" ;D
what are you insinuating? maybe the admins should do that, whoever pisses them off just program something like that in.

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
Tristram said:
What is his Japanese name?

Was he named Guts because he was found in a pile of intestines?
Actually, yes.  And his Japanese name is the same as it is in English, Guts, and all those crazy offshoots are just people spelling it incorrectly when the Katakana (I think that's the name of the character set) is converted to English by people who can't actually spell the words correctly in English.

Modify: Kanji->Katakana Not only do I not speak it, I know nothing about it. Also, ignore this post and read Aaz's.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Miura named the character Guts referring to the English word guts. He intended his manga to be a shonen at the time. It's not because he was found in a pile of intestines, and he actually wasn't found in a pile of intestines.

Guts is written, like all foreign word adaptations, in Katakana. Because the Japanese language can't transcribe the sounds exactly, the direct Kana retranscription is GA T TSU. That doesn't mean anything however, as "beer" is BIRU, I'm not going to give other examples since a lot Japanese learning sites for utter beginners explain this very well. Nevertheless, buy a Japanese dictionary and look at ガッツ in it, you'll find that it's "guts".

As Vaxillus said, there's really no wondering about this, only stubborn people that don't know what they talk about would make the error once it has been explained to them.

Tristram

100% Germ Free Manure
Aazealh said:
Miura named the character Guts referring to the English word guts. He intended his manga to be a shonen at the time. It's not because he was found in a pile of intestines, and he actually wasn't found in a pile of intestines.

Guts is written, like all foreign word adaptations, in Katakana. Because the Japanese language can't transcribe the sounds exactly, the direct Kana retranscription is GA T TSU. That doesn't mean anything however, as "beer" is BIRU, I'm not going to give other examples since a lot Japanese learning sites for utter beginners explain this very well. Nevertheless, buy a Japanese dictionary and look at ガッツ in it, you'll find that it's "guts".

As Vaxillus said, there's really no wondering about this, only stubborn people that don't know what they talk about would make the error once it has been explained to them.

What does the comic being a shonen have to do with him being named Guts? :\

A shonen is like one of those things with "hot guys" or whatever isn't it? Gahhh... Sometimes I wonder if Miura will deteriate into making nothing but issues full of Urotsukidouji type shenanigans... and I mean NOTHING but that. That would be awfully sad.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Tristram said:
What does the comic being a shonen have to do with him being named Guts? :\

A shonen is like one of those things with "hot guys" or whatever isn't it? Gahhh... Sometimes I wonder if Miura will deteriate into making nothing but issues full of Urotsukidouji type shenanigans... and I mean NOTHING but that. That would be awfully sad.
Aazealh is referring to Miura's original idea for the series as being something similar to Buronson's' Hokuto no Ken', a shonen image comic. But, Berserk is seinen, directed at 18+. Shonen is for young boys.

The rest of your post is trash. Thankfully you posted it in the right place, otherwise you'd get a spanking.

Tristram

100% Germ Free Manure
Walter said:
Aazealh is referring to Miura's original idea for the series as being something similar to Buronson's' Hokuto no Ken', a shonen image comic.  But, Berserk is seinen, directed at 18+. Shonen is for young boys.

The rest of your post is trash. Thankfully you posted it in the right place, otherwise you'd get a spanking.
Mmmm-hmm-hmm hoo hooo! Is that a promise?

*shakes booty* I'm waaaaiting!!!

I've been a very bad boy.

Top Bottom