What would happen if a Godhand member where to die

I know that I know :)

My post our worse
Hello I'm new to this site. Okay so I was always wondering what would happen if a God hand member where to die (if that is even possible). My theory is that they would just revert to their former self's and become one with the Ioe just like the apostles, or maybe they get a better deal since they are very vital to the Ioe.

what do you guys think :???:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
I know that I know :) said:
I was always wondering what would happen if a God hand member where to die (if that is even possible).

We have no reason to think they can't die.

My theory is that they would just revert to their former self's

That's not possible. When apostles "revert", their corrupted soul is taken by the Vortex of Souls and their physical body is left as what it was before they sacrificed. But members of the God Hand go through a different process: their corporeal body is consumed and they become a purely spiritual being. So if they were to join the Vortex, there'd be next to nothing left of them. Femto's case is different because he was incarnated. I would imagine that if he were extracted from that body of flesh, it would turn into the form of the Moonlight Boy we're familiar with.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
My theory is that they would just revert to their former self's and become one with the Ioe just like the apostles

Aaz did a good job with the full reply, but I wanted to note that The Idea of Evil is not synonymous with the Vortex of Souls.

My post our worse
Walter said:
Aaz did a good job with the full reply, but I wanted to note that The Idea of Evil is not synonymous with the Vortex of Souls.

So is the IOE close to the vortex of souls or is it on a way deeper level in the astral world? Cause I always thought it was apart of the IOE in some way.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
So is the IOE close to the vortex of souls or is it on a way deeper level in the astral world? Cause I always thought it was apart of the IOE in some way.

Vortex of Souls
(Abyss)
Idea of Evil

They are closely related, but different things. The Idea of Evil is a being that dwells in the abyss, at the bottom of the astral world. It is shown manipulating the Vortex of Souls in Ep 83. The Vortex is the dark side of an ocean of souls of tormented humans. The text for the scene in question is here: http://skullknight.net/idea

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
what would happen if a God hand member where to die

We'll find out! :guts:

Aazealh said:
Femto's case is different because he was incarnated. I would imagine that if he were extracted from that body of flesh, it would turn into the form of the Moonlight Boy we're familiar with.

It's like I'm reading the theory outlining a Berserk happy ending; it would certainly be convenient if they could somehow, like magically with the assistance of a witch or elf sovereign or something, separate and slay the evil spiritual being inhabiting the the physical host vessel without harming the Boy. Sounds good to me, though.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Griffith said:
It's like I'm reading the theory outlining a Berserk happy ending; it would certainly be convenient if they could somehow, like magically with the assistance of a witch or elf sovereign or something, separate and slay the evil spiritual being inhabiting the the physical host vessel without harming the Boy. Sounds good to me, though.

Fingers crossed! :griffnotevil:

My post our worse
My idea was they leave Femto in a really weaken state in which he cannot pursue his dream or have the power to take over the moonlight child's body anymore allowing the moonlight boy to live with Guts and Casca. Though I really want to see Femto get ripped in half I feel like this so far would be the best bet with dealing with Femto and saving the moonlight boy.

I'm hoping when a God Hand dies an event similar to an aposlte death occurs, but on a much larger scale, like a black hole of specters pulling in everything in the vicinity, I dunno. I'd love to see Griffiths tortured remains afterward, but as other posters have said, Griffiths old body disintergrated so the chances of that happening are slim to none.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
This is an old post, but I am curious about what do you mean by this, or how is this the case?

The vortex would presumably dissolve their ego, as demonstrated in vol 3. Also recall that SK had planned to put them there with his beherit sword technique, so there's precedent in assuming it would be inescapable for even them.

Top Bottom