What would you do with the story if you were writing Berserk?

Fancypantaloons

Trapped in time. Surrounded by evil. Low on gas.
Let's imagine you're writing Berserk, what would you do with the story? For example, how would you tackle either of these three elements:

1) Re-introducing Jill into the story. How would you do it?
2) Same thing with Theresia, how would you do it?
3) For reasons only you know, you want to take out someone of Guts' current group, how would you do it?

Feel free to also post about other things you would do and why. Maybe we will see some interesting stuff, some will make sense, maybe some will not, but it's good practice.

Last edited by a moderator:

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Intriguing prompt, Pants! These are some nuggets that I've spent some time pondering on myself, because I am a big fan of both Jill and Theresia.
  1. For Jill, I think an easy way to re-introduce her into the story would be to have her appear on the stage in Falconia, with or without her parents in tow. I'd love to see her interacting with Luka, and becoming a protégée of hers, maybe? She has some chops when it comes to experiences with apostles, so her point-of-view could bring an interesting dynamic to that group. Ultimately, I could see her coming back and serving the story in a way that Theresia probably couldn't.
  2. Following from point #1, I think it would be difficult to bring Theresia back into the story in a meaningful way. She had a specific part to play in the Black Swordsman arc, and while her threat to kill Guts is one that I've had fun playing on in some fan comics, there is already so much going on that it I, in Miura's place, would be hesitant to re-introduce a character from so far back whose motivations are, frankly, far removed from the current conflict.
  3. This is a tricky one. I guess that Magnifico is probably the character with the least to do right now and in the future, but it's not like you can just leave him behind on Skellig! He's still got some scheming to do!

Fancypantaloons

Trapped in time. Surrounded by evil. Low on gas.
Intriguing prompt, Pants! These are some nuggets that I've spent some time pondering on myself, because I am a big fan of both Jill and Theresia.
  1. For Jill, I think an easy way to re-introduce her into the story would be to have her appear on the stage in Falconia, with or without her parents in tow. I'd love to see her interacting with Luka, and becoming a protégée of hers, maybe? She has some chops when it comes to experiences with apostles, so her point-of-view could bring an interesting dynamic to that group. Ultimately, I could see her coming back and serving the story in a way that Theresia probably couldn't.
  2. Following from point #1, I think it would be difficult to bring Theresia back into the story in a meaningful way. She had a specific part to play in the Black Swordsman arc, and while her threat to kill Guts is one that I've had fun playing on in some fan comics, there is already so much going on that it I, in Miura's place, would be hesitant to re-introduce a character from so far back whose motivations are, frankly, far removed from the current conflict.
  3. This is a tricky one. I guess that Magnifico is probably the character with the least to do right now and in the future, but it's not like you can just leave him behind on Skellig! He's still got some scheming to do!
Great points, Grail!
Are there other things you would be interested to do if you were writing Berserk?

guuuuuuuuts

Excited for the next chapter!
1) Re-introducing Jill into the story. How would you do it?

It would be fun to read about Jill developing a connection with Sonia.

2) Same thing with Theresia, how would you do it?

Isn't Theresia still extremely young... not sure she could do much more than those fan comics.

3) For reasons only you know, you want to take out someone of Guts' current group, how would you do it?

I'd love for basically everyone in the party to be killed off, especially if each death forces a surviving party member to navigate really difficult choices and further develop towards the story end game.
It was fun seeing the Skellig witches get surprised by the party's skills. Let's up it a notch and make everyone on the island fight to the death. Once the battle happens, I'll be disappointed if at least a couple party members are not killed. Taking losses could inspire them in a number of interesting ways. Haha, just my .02
:smile:

Top Bottom