What'd you do over the weekend?

Aphasia said:
Spent this week and weekend in a hospital for heart arrythmia. My mom has been here with me. Had a heart ablation surgery done yesterday to correct the problem but it didn't work as intended.
Sorry to hear that my friend, hope you'll get better soon !!

Rented a bicycle on Caturday and hit up a park about 30 mins away from home with bike trails. I forgot how much fun it was and how taxing cycling could be over long distances. Sunday I broke my week-long diet and hit up Hundred Acres in Soho for brunch (recommend the place). Ran back to Queens to hang out with 2 pals and we watched Redline (my 720 rip) and Akira (on Blu Ray). I wish I'd done some laundry though *sigh*

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
Th3Branded0ne said:
I hope it's nothing serious Aphasia. :casca:

Oburi said:
Damn Aphasia. Hope you recover ok dude.

Aazealh said:
Heart ablation doesn't sound like the kind of thing I'd like to go through. Keep your chin up man, I'm sure they'll be able to patch you up one way or another.

Nomad said:
Have a fast recovery and with hopes the meds will stop the problem.

IncantatioN said:
Shoot, hope what the docs suggest works well. Good luck!

Joe Chip said:
Sorry to hear that my friend, hope you'll get better soon !!

Thanks guys. :farnese: The encouraging words mean a lot. Think I'm gonna be having another surgery to fix my rhythm problems. Should be good. :iva:

IncantatioN said:
Rented a bicycle on Caturday and hit up a park about 30 mins away from home with bike trails. I forgot how much fun it was and how taxing cycling could be over long distances. Sunday I broke my week-long diet and hit up Hundred Acres in Soho for brunch (recommend the place). Ran back to Queens to hang out with 2 pals and we watched Redline (my 720 rip) and Akira (on Blu Ray). I wish I'd done some laundry though *sigh*

Yeah, biking is a blast. Always really fun after you haven't rode in a long time. :guts:

Saturday - watched and finished season 3 of Breaking Bad, went to a birthday dinner. Sunday - watched and finished season 4 of Breaking Bad. Hogged pots of food during my marathon run *sigh*.

EDIT: Also assembled a book-case with 5 shelves. Put it in my bedroom and gonna re-arrange my manga/ blu rays/ etc. during the course of this week.

As I was shaving for that dinner, I decided to keep a 'stache (thick pointy tip headed downwards) ... it looked real silly. Correction, it looks real silly, I surprised everyone at work with it, I'll shave it off tomorrow morning.

turkitage

ターク
Aphasia said:
Thanks guys. :farnese: The encouraging words mean a lot. Think I'm gonna be having another surgery to fix my rhythm problems. Should be good. :iva:

That's great to hear! I'll be sure to get you a metronome for christmas!

Got back about an hour ago from a Ghoul and Gwar show. First time seeing both bands live, man, Ghoul were OK (I was a lot familiar with their music, never heard Gwar or saw videos of them). Gwar were amazing live ... boy oh boy! They played for over an hour, the pit was insane (tired me out, it wasn't like a typical mosh-pit circle - more like all these people clamped together pushing each other with no space to run around heh cos it was packed), helped a bud crowd surf 3 times, SO much fun!

Pic of me and a pal whose glasses were trampled on and broken : /

Gwar1-1.jpg

I got home all wet, super tired and red haha, so awesome. Oh man, turn back time ... please! If you do see them live, wear white.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Tonight I'm going to the World War 3 tour to see Asking Alexandria, We Came As Romans, Drugs and a few other bands I don't care about. Should be fun!

Aphasia

So I told you guys I had that heart ablation done. It didn't work out the first time around. Last weekend I had another one done. This time I had it done where the procedure was developed, fortunately the facility was in the same state. My tachycardia was getting really bad. I've been suffering from chronic atrial tachycardia for over a year. My heart would race around 200 BPM on average. My heart just kept going faster and faster to compensate for missed beats. I was completely miserable. I ended up going so fast at one point that I was defibbed multiple times and put in the ICU. It was very scary.

The second ablation lasted about 4 hours. I was awake for the whole procedure, minus the last part of it. I woke up with a normal heart rate. I can't describe to you guys how wonderful it is. My normal heart rate is now 70 on average. I measure it all the time because I can't believe it. I've still got a lot of fighting to do to get stronger, but my life has gotten so much better after this surgery. I wanted to tell you about it because it's a happy ending after a lot of bad times. Thanksgiving this year was extra special. I've got my life back, and I'm just so thankful to be alive.

Aphasia said:
The second ablation lasted about 4 hours. I was awake for the whole procedure, minus the last part of it. I woke up with a normal heart rate. I can't describe to you guys how wonderful it is. My normal heart rate is now 70 on average. I measure it all the time because I can't believe it. I've still got a lot of fighting to do to get stronger, but my life has gotten so much better after this surgery. I wanted to tell you about it because it's a happy ending after a lot of bad times. Thanksgiving this year was extra special. I've got my life back, and I'm just so thankful to be alive.
I am glad to see everything went fine with the procedure. I wish you the best my friend.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Aphasia said:
So I told you guys I had that heart ablation done. It didn't work out the first time around. Last weekend I had another one done. This time I had it done where the procedure was developed, fortunately the facility was in the same state. My tachycardia was getting really bad. I've been suffering from chronic atrial tachycardia for over a year. My heart would race around 200 BPM on average. My heart just kept going faster and faster to compensate for missed beats. I was completely miserable. I ended up going so fast at one point that I was defibbed multiple times and put in the ICU. It was very scary.

Really glad to hear you're better now, Aphasia. Health is what matters most!

Aphasia, so glad to hear that your procedure went over so well. You must be very brave to have undergone it, and some of it awake. But I'm also sure you understood it needed to be done. That you feel so good about it only passes to me, man. What joyful news.

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Wow, I'm so happy to hear that you're doing better, Aphasia! I'm wishing you the very best as you continue your recovery.

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
Awesome Aphasia! I'm glad to hear you're doing okay. Now get some rest, Skyrim isn't going to play itself, you've earned it! :guts:

Aphasia

Joe Chip said:
I am glad to see everything went fine with the procedure. I wish you the best my friend.

Aazealh said:
Really glad to hear you're better now, Aphasia. Health is what matters most!

Handmade_lion said:
Aphasia, so glad to hear that your procedure went over so well. You must be very brave to have undergone it, and some of it awake. But I'm also sure you understood it needed to be done. That you feel so good about it only passes to me, man. What joyful news.

Oburi said:
Congrats Aphasia. Hope everything stays well for you.

Gobolatula said:
That sounds scary as hell. It really sucks that you had to go through that stuff. I'm glad you're better, brotha.

IncantatioN said:
Good stuff Aphasia! So glad you're doing better and thanks for keeping us posted ^_^. Wishing you and all members on SK a Happy Thanksgiving.

Turkitage said:
That's fantastic. Glad it worked out.

Grail said:
Wow, I'm so happy to hear that you're doing better, Aphasia! I'm wishing you the very best as you continue your recovery.

Dar Klink said:
Awesome Aphasia! I'm glad to hear you're doing okay. Now get some rest, Skyrim isn't going to play itself, you've earned it! :guts:

Thanks everyone. Your support means a lot. :guts: Feeling better all the time! Walking up the stairs is especially satisfying. What used to be a 10 minute ordeal of pausing every step takes 10 seconds. Haha, you're right Dar Klink! Skyrim needs me!

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Hey Aphasia glad to hear you're doing better, hopefully the recovery is going well. Also sorry for being late on that! :schnoz:

This weekend, I spent it with my girlfriend. We just hit 2 years together, so yay for us! And here is a picture for your viewing pleasure:
59550_10150293711005651_613825650_14692513_154977_n.jpg

Johnstantine

Skibbidy Boo Bop
I went to a very underwhelming performance of Trans Siberian Orchestra.

We were front row, and the crowd just wasn't feeling it. The performers came to the front of the stage and were literally right in front of my fiance and I. They were playing their instruments and staring at us trying to get us into the swing of things. It was seriously the most awkward moment of my life. And then the female singers were god awful. Luckily, the second half of the show was...less involved with the audience, and hardly any singing. It more than made up for the lame first half with the confusing story telling.

Also, this super fat lady next to me was dipping her popcorn in cheese dip (she had three containers). Just thought I'd share that.

Last weekend a Time Warner personnel was home because I've been having problems with my modem. I upgraded my connection to a 50 mbps one since October and off late the modem was spazzing out on me, booting/ switching off on it's own. He checked my electrical outlet and it wasn't grounded so I have an electrician scheduled to come in today. But yeah, the fun started when he was amazed at Guts' 20th Anni statue and asked if I could put in on my couch so he could take pictures of it. I was assembling some IKEA light strips that morning, so he put a strip, lit in red, at the back of the base and was taking pictures on his phone with that sort of light effect. It was cool! His favorites were SK On Horse 2011, Guts 20th Anni Black, Zodd III, Armored Berserk, Zodd Senma and Black Swordsman: Lost Children.

Some time today I plan to finish picking up presents, without forgetting to get gift-wrapping paper (like last year and the year before and the year before that too *fail*).

Top Bottom