What's your favorite video games?

Azn He-Man666

Was it you who killed my companions,one after one?
Aazealh said:
King's Field has a touch of originality the 3 games you talk about lack, did they have a crossbow? And a skull key? And a giant Kraken? Most of all, the game was graphically better than all the FF titles on the PSX, and the gameplay was plain great, ultra fast and fluid. Btw, FF Tactics doesn't hold a candle to Tactics Ogre.
Final Fantasy Six had a crossbow and a kraken, not sure about the skull key though. And if you mean no turning animations on the enemies, then Kings Field was definately superior in that respect. Kidding aside, Kings Field was a fun game and I loved the dream-like quality across the whole island(way weapons echo etc..) and I spent hours on my first playthrough attempting to get past tough enemies early in the game, and while the combat was simple it was fun(not really ultra-fast though).

And Tactics Ogre while the gameplay was pretty entertaining(paying to deploy units across the map and whatnot) was just too frustrating and had too much of a lack of story for me to really get into it.

(Just in case someone misunderstands my intentions, this is partly in jest...)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Wah wah wah said:
Final Fantasy Six had a crossbow and a kraken

But did it have a giant kraken? :p (there was a kraken in FF6 btw?)

Wah wah wah said:
I spent hours on my first playthrough attempting to get past tough enemies early in the game, and while the combat was simple it was fun(not really ultra-fast though).

In case some people didn't guess, I was joking: the gameplay in that game is terrible, and From Software never got any better at it.

Azn He-Man666

Aazealh said:
But did it have a giant kraken? :p (there was a kraken in FF6 btw?)

In case some people didn't guess, I was joking: the gameplay in that game is terrible, and From Software never got any better at it.
Well, do you consider Ultros a Kraken?

And yeah, if anything From Software got worse considering the Kings Field for ps2 handled even worse than the first two.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Wah wah wah said:
Well, do you consider Ultros a Kraken?

Ah yeah, Ultros... Well, he's more of an octopus, if you ask me. :p Krakens are mythological and supposed to be huge anyway, but going by King's Field standards... ::) From Software probably just thought it'd be a cool name or something.

Azn He-Man666

Aazealh said:
Ah yeah, Ultros... Well, he's more of an octopus, if you ask me. :p Krakens are mythological and supposed to be huge anyway, but going by King's Field standards... ::) From Software probably just thought it'd be a cool name or something.
leviathan.jpg

Perhaps this is a bit more to your liking?

EDIT: Sorry to those who were still using the thread seriously :'(

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Wah wah wah said:
Perhaps this is a bit more to your liking?

That would be closer to the actual thing yeah. ;D Not that the pixellated blobs in King's Field look like that.

Aazealh said:
I hardly see how that is a counter argument. It's just a pointless comment, totally oblivious of the context and the way the two things you compare were executed. And Guts killed apostles for more than 2 years.

All I can say is sorry about that and welcome to my world after sleep deprevation.

Walter said:
Xenogears is good. Have you tried it yet?  8)
lmao. good one XD
Aazealh said:
I don't remember seeing anybody talking about the Bust a move series, which is one of my favorite. Then there's Bubble Bobble. ;D
oh my god. talk about an addictive video game. Bust a move is obscenely addictive. i don't know if you ever had this problem, but sometimes i get really greedy and tried to get large bonuses. so i have a shit load of bubbles all hanging off of two. and i never get the said color until its too late. then i lose .Bubble Bobble was a great game.

Wah wah wah said:
EDIT: Sorry to those who were still using the thread seriously :'(
its ok. but i want to keep the topic to video games. :)

does anyone here like Maniac Manison? i loved that game.

and i have always loved Battle Chess. my only problem was how slow the pieces moved.

and i really do wish they made this into a video game.

http://maddoxgame.ytmnd.com/
ytmnd.com kicks ass

DarthVenom said:
talk about an addictive video game. Bust a move is obscenely addictive.

This is much more addictive than bust a move: http://www.addictinggames.com/kittencannon.html
XD Hours of fun.

Oltobaz

Cancer no Deathmask
Hardcore Megaman fans like me should buy their Megaman anniversary collection copy on Gamecube. It's all there; Megaman 1 through 8, and the two arcade games.

Oltobaz said:
Hardcore Megaman fans like me should buy their Megaman anniversary collection copy on Gamecube. It's all there; Megaman 1 through 8, and the two arcade games.

It is missing one though. Nine I think. ???

ShinHell9

I started on here when I was like 14...
DarthVenom said:
now thats a good debate to start. both games are amazing. why do you think that Tactics Orge is better than FF Tactics?
because the only reason everyone loves ff tactics was because of Cloud bieng in it. And lets not forget that prefix Final Fantasy, you can take a pile of shit, but it you put the prefix of Final Fantasy it suddenly becomes amazing.

Tactics Orge Love that game I've also liked the Grandia games well expect for Grandia Extreme can't wait for Grandia III to come out. The battle system in the Grandia games is hands down the best battle system in any RPG game.

Super Mario Bros 3 was hell of fun gotta love Frog Mario.

The Suikoden Games have been great too well yeah 4 was a dissapointment love the fact you can play as the bad guy in Suikoden 3 after beating the game.

BTW FF7 is overated. Hated FF 10 but FF 12 looks good and it's done by a different team that wasn't involve with FF 10 too bad that FF 13 for the PS3 is going to be done by the team who did FF 10 games. -_-

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Eddie said:
because the only reason everyone loves ff tactics was because of Cloud bieng in it. And lets not forget that prefix Final Fantasy, you can take a pile of shit, but it you put the prefix of Final Fantasy it suddenly becomes amazing.
Thats a pretty crap statement. The game was awesome cause Square had not done this type of game before.. atleast if my memory serves me right. The gameplay was awesome and the story was pretty cool as well.

Tactics Ogre was ok IMHO. I just couldnt get into it... although if we are talking about this type of genre... what about Vandle Hearts? THAT game kicked ass.

Begemot

STOP UNDRESSING ME WITH YOUR EYES!
Eddie said:

I like FFT, and I hate Cloud. And he sucks in FFT anyways.

The real problem is that you have to gameshark it and/or handicap yourself to get any kind of challenge.

I haven't been able to get my hands on a copy of Tactics Ogre, so I can't comment on it.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Cloud in FFTactics had an undeniably destructive ability that would cause either stop, stone or death with 100% accuracy. He could do this every turn. It's the be-all-end-all attack, Calculator cheese aside...

Begemot

STOP UNDRESSING ME WITH YOUR EYES!
Walter said:
Cloud in FFTactics had an undeniably destructive ability that would cause either stop, stone or death with 100% accuracy. He could do this every turn. It's the be-all-end-all attack, Calculator cheese aside...

Not really, all bosses were immune to those statuses(stati?). And by the time you get Cloud, your party is full of people who can one-hit kill multiple generic enemies in one go. If you pump Beowulf's faith he hits Petrify 90+%, barring immunities. Better than Cloud's 66% chance of killing the enemy. Orlandu just pretty much assrapes everything. Ramza should be well-trained by the time Cloud's available. Any good mage will dominate the game.

Also, Cloud can't Short-Charge his Limits and use Auto-Haste at the same time, due to weapon restrictions.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Why do all Video Game threads get hijacked by Squaresoft terrorists one way or another?

BTW, Mario RPG ROX all these games!

Oltobaz said:
If you can cope with those loadings, that is. Nothing beats the original Neo Geo.

Damn straight.

My fav games off the top of my head I'm sure I'm forgeting a shitload.

NES
Super Mario Brothers
Super Mario Brothers 3
FFI
Mega Man II
Zelda
Castlevanie 2

SNES
Mario Kart
Mario World
FFIV
FFVI
Super Castlevania

Genesis (and Sega CD)
X-men
Dark Wizard

Turbo Graphix/Duo
Dragon Spirit
Lords of Thunder

PSX
Castlevania SotN
Monster Rancher
FFVII

Saturn
Radiant Silverngun

DC
Ikuruga

PS2
Mark of Kri
FFX
BERSERK!!!!!!!!!
God of War

Xbox
Kotor (havn't played 2 yet)
Prince of Persia (the second one sucked compared to the first)
Halo 2

PC
Warcraft II
Warcraft III
Civ II
Half-life
Half-life 2
Age of Empires

Neo-Geo(best system ever)
Samurai Shodown I
Samurai Shodown II
Samurai Shodown III
Samurai Shodown IV
Samuari Shodown V Special
Last Blade
Last Blade 2
Fatal Fury Mark of the Wolves
Magical Drop III
Twinkle Star Sprites

Eddie said:
Without that little twist everyone thinks so amazing and innovative you have a retarded less intresting version of Legend of Dragoon.

Thank God someone mentioned this game. Screw Final Fantasy, if I didn't play this game, I wouldn't give a fuck about squaresoft anyway. IMHO, this is one of the most underrated games ever.

Also, about Aaz finding ruby hard, I found it one of the easiest bosses in the game all you do is:

Fight him with only one person.
Have KOR linked up with HP absorb.
Max out mime.
W-Summon

This is what you do: You cast KOR and you keep miming it. That's it, because you absorb HP each time you cast (like 9000).

And seriously, I CANNOT beat emerald at all.

PS: Sorry for being so late, but my internet was out for most of the week.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Void Swordsman said:
Also, about Aaz finding ruby hard, I found it one of the easiest bosses in the game all you do is

Yeah well that's cool, but I kind of didn't spend much time thinking about it to be honest, neither I did use some special formula trick from one of the numerous walkthrough guides that I assume came out for that game. Just bumped onto him and kept trying until he died. It's not like it took me a week or anything either, but he was the one I had the most trouble to kill.

Now it's sure that if you chain cast KOTR the whole game is easy, including the Emerald Weapon I guess... Haven't played this game since forever anyway, I don't really feel like going on forever talking about it.

"Griffith No More!" said:

Yes, there can be only one!

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
"Griffith No More!" said:
Yeah, I loved this game till I got stuck on the last boss with no life, money, or items. :-\

Another wierd game http://pc.ign.com/objects/695/695849.html
the game pretty much speaks for itself.

Also http://www.konami.jp/gs/game/oz/
looks good, but probably won't be awesome. Still, extra points for cool style and art, not to mention some great music.

Top Bottom