Where did the apostels come from???

bakaneko

Current favorite character : Tohru Honda
i am just wondering where did the apoostels come from. I mean yeah they get lured by the egg of kings but where were they before Griffith? There seems to be so many of them that no one ever noticed? its just kinda weird like as if they were hibernating. Also, how are the eggs getting spread around? do they just spawn out of no where? if so wouldnt there be unlimited number of them? and how are the power levels and figure of those apostels figured into account? hopefully those question could be answerd...

also, why are the gods hand called "angels"? are they really angels and Gatts is actually the evil one? or is it a misnomer? ???

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
no there not called angels.
They are the Desired Guardian Angels. They are called that in volume 3. They are referring to the fact that they are 'messengers' of a kind from Idea, the world's god. I think its pretty fitting.
Gatts is actually the evil one? or is it a misnomer?
No clue what you're talking about... but no, Guts is not an evil one

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
They are the Desired Guardian Angels. They are called that in volume 3. They are referring to the fact that they are 'messengers' of a kind from Idea, the world's god. I think its pretty fitting.

oh i never knew that.

No, Void and company are referred to as angels on numerous occassions throughout the manga whether by Guts himself or by the apostles.

Re 'Desire's Guardian Angels', to the best of my knowledge this title only features in the manga as just that, a chapter title for episodes 3-8 from the manga - Desire's Guardian Angels 1-6.

Namirrha

bakaneko

I see. But no one explained about the apostels because no one knows about them? ???

gattsu

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
no there not called angels.

they are...but angels have a different symbolic meaning in japan than in the western states. it shouldn't be missunderstood - they don't have any good character.
Just remember - in evangelion there are angels, too - but they always seek to destroy humanity.

I have some good articles about the essential meaning of angels in japan, but I don't find them now... :'(

D

Drachenfels

Just remember - in evangelion there are angels, too - but they always seek to destroy humanity.

No, there are no angels in Evangelion. Only space aliens that constantly try to destroy the earth, just like in Power Rangers.

bakaneko

ok... i can care less now about the angel term... my question was the apostels...not the term angel..thanks ::)

D

Drachenfels

ok... i can care less now about the angel term... my question was the apostels...not the term angel..thanks ::)

I didn't adress you. No need for offending smileys.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I didn't adress you. No need for offending smileys.
When you make a fucking stupid post like your last one about Power Rangers and Eva, an 'offending smiley' is totally warranted.

D

Drachenfels

When you make a fucking stupid post like your last one about Power Rangers and Eva, an 'offending smiley' is totally warranted.

Only because I don't share your view of Power Rangers and Evangelion my opinion is not "fucking stupid". I guess I must put a smiley behind EVERY joke I make so it's easier understandable, hm?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Only because I don't share your view of Power Rangers and Evangelion my opinion is not "fucking stupid". I guess I must put a smiley behind EVERY joke I make so it's easier understandable, hm?
No matter how many smilies you add, its not recognizable as a joke.

D

Drachenfels

bakaneko seems to have understood it, I think. Guess it's just an opinion thing.

Re the apostles, we only really know whats in the manga!!!!!! ;)

Now, getting beyond the blatantly obvious. What constitutes a lot!? 10, 100, 1000, 10,000...!? Even if the later figure were factored in, considered world wide, I would not think that a large sum.

As for the prominence of apostles now, blame it on Griffith. Well, that and that fact that seeing apostles in other than humanoid form usually equates with death.

As for power levels, I have no idea how this works out. Some apostles are - or at least seem to be - tougher than others, but why this is so, I have no idea at all.

Namirrha

Gael

Angry? i thought this is how every one smiles?
Well i'm glad some one finally answered the question of the Apostles, i was wondering myself

Top Bottom