Which actor would best play as Guts or Griffith

A fun question, if they ever did a Live action berserk TV series or movie, who would you reckon best play as Guts or Griffith? For Guts, me personally I think it would probably be Karl Urban, physically can't think of an actor who would best portray Griffith ...

IMO, it would be downright impossible to find an actor androgynous enough to play Griffith.

I'd go for Jonathan Rhys Meyers as the next best thing:

http://www.sperience.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/jonathan-rhys-meyers-wallpaper-167.jpg
http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger2/7472/2410/1600/jonrm09.jpg

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
Prince as Griffith.

NSFW: TOO HOT FOR YOUR WORKPLACE
http://www.gobolatula.com/prince-reams.jpg
NSFW: TOO HOT FOR YOUR WORKPLACE

...Maybe not. Sorry.

Mammon

Mangoku army
Rutger Hauer for Gambino (I know, he is based on him :slan: )

For some reason I've always thought that Carcus kind of look like Alan Rickman. :carcus:

For Guts, maybe a young Ralph Fiennes could have pulled it...

Griffith... Orlando Bloom? I mean, if he was actually a good actor. :griffnotevil:

For some reason I am inclined to think that Channing Tatum could probably do a decent job as Guts. He a little shorter than Guts, but he defiantly has the right physique and his face isn't too far off.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Mr. Waffles said:
For some reason I am inclined to think that Channing Tatum could probably do a decent job as Guts. He a little shorter than Guts, but he defiantly has the right physique and his face isn't too far off.

If we're taking the matter seriously, I think acting ability should trump resemblance. He's also a little too "pretty" for Guts... Tatum just hasn't shown the acting chops to be able to pull off a character with as much range as Guts. Of course, that doesn't mean I necessarily want Steve Buscemi playing Griffith... but he'd be perfect for Carcus :carcus:

To be fair, I've never seen anyone that convinced me they could play Guts, and I doubt I'd be satisfied with any "live action" portrayal of the series.

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Yeah I'd pretty much gouge my eyes off if a live action was made. Imagine, the cuts just for the anime were horrible, I don't even want to take a guess on a live one what it'd be!

Oburi

All praise Grail
Walter said:
If we're taking the matter seriously, I think acting ability should trump resemblance. He's also a little too "pretty" for Guts... Tatum just hasn't shown the acting chops to be able to pull off a character with as much range as Guts. Of course, that doesn't mean I necessarily want Steve Buscemi playing Griffith... but he'd be perfect for Carcus :carcus:

I just found out Tatum has been cast as Gambit for future X-men movies too, sigh.

Perhaps Jensen ackles for guts? :guts: I like him but yes i also think a live action movie would go down horribly still nice to dream about it... In a perfect world lol

Walter said:

To be fair, I've never seen anyone that convinced me they could play Guts, and I doubt I'd be satisfied with any "live action" portrayal of the series.

Did you watch 21 Jump Street? Tatum was surprisingly enjoyable to watch in that movie and I thought he was more than capable in pulling off the comedic, dramatic, and action scenes. But I haven't really watched anything else that he has done so perhaps it was just a fluke or I am not remembering the movie as well as I think I am. As for being too pretty, that can be handled with cosmetics or possibly even some targeted weight loss to make his face more gaunt.

I do agree about Buscemi as Carcus (although he is definately showing his age at this point) and that a live action adaptation would most likely be disastrous. Although, if it was ever to get the HBO Game of Thrones treatment... :badbone:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Mr. Waffles said:
Did you watch 21 Jump Street? Tatum was surprisingly enjoyable to watch in that movie and I thought he was more than capable in pulling off the comedic, dramatic, and action scenes.

Against my better judgment, I thought 21 Jump Street was pretty damn funny actually. And Tatum was the star, for sure. That has absolutely nothing to do with him being a convincing Guts, though.

RabidChimera said:
Perhaps Jensen ackles for guts? :guts: I like him but yes i also think a live action movie would go down horribly still nice to dream about it... In a perfect world lol

That's a terrible choice, all he's good at is making a duck face.

Top Bottom