Who is your favorite apostle?

berserker88

The Raging Demon
I would say grunbeld but i dont know anything about him.. (im staying in the dark about everything from VOL 14 and up. cause im waiting for the american releases)

for now ill say zodd!!

Triggormortis

Weakness is a disease; I am the cure.
I <3 all of the main Apostles in Griffith's army! But out of all of them, I'd have to say...

<--------------------------

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Hehe, I like too many of them. Zodd has a special place in my heart, and I have a soft spot for Irvine too, but as of know, I'd say Ganishka.

Ganishka.jpg

CnC

Ad Oculos
Aazealh said:
Hehe, I like too many of them. Zodd has a special place in my heart, and I have a soft spot for Irvine too, but as of know, I'd say Ganishka.

He certainly has put his powers to the most use. Irvine is certainly developing nicely, as well.

Zondark, unfortunately, caught a severe case of 2dimensionalitis, something only Zodd has managed to overcome. I beleive he just popped two pills of Ultimate Baddasstm and dreamed of hawks of light and was fine in the morning.

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
If there's ever a Berserk movie, they have to cast the governator as Zondark. It's a perfect likeness in mind and body.

CnC

Ad Oculos
kimchan said:
Rakshas, with Irvine a close second.

Has it ever been stated or proven that Rakshas is an apostle? I'm sure its 98% likely but I would like him even more if he wasn't.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
CnC said:
Has it ever been stated or proven that Rakshas is an apostle?

Well, he has 3 eyes... Can apparently dislocate his bones (from the sounds he makes), going from a ball the size of a soccer ball to a standard human size. He can bend his body at a 180° angle while in the air to dodge a chakram (episode 232), when talking to Griffith in Shet, the shape of his "arm" through his clothes isn't anything like an arm at all, and the list goes on.

So I'd say that there isn't much doubt about it.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Similar to the accepted theory of Gaiseric = Skully, Rakshas = Apostle is still uncertain, though all circumstantial evidence points to yes. In addition to Aaz's specifics, Rakshas is in Griffith's Apostle Army as one of the generals who leads OTHER apostles. Which, for me, is more than enough proof.

However, I'd like to mention that Rakshas doesn't seem to have Apostle eyes, and his mask has Ganishka teeth.

Triggormortis

Weakness is a disease; I am the cure.
Rakshas is most likely an Apostle, but as for his abilities (bending in weird directions) is not totally outlandish. I mean we've all seen telivision shows of weirdos who dislocate there bones and freak us out.
But something about the teeth around his mask bothers me. It's almost like he's not completely seperated from Ganishka's control in a way. Like maybe a spy or something. At any rate, it's definately apparent that theres nobody else like him.
Just throwin that out there.

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
TheSkyTraveller said:
I've always been a Roshine fan.  After her, I like Locus, and believe it or not, Wyald.

I can believe it sky traveller,
though wyald is a disgusting prick the fight with guts and the band of the hawk is one of my favorites and also many other people's favorite. He played an important role in the manga and though his actions were grotesque he was still quite the badass.

CnC

Ad Oculos
[quote author=Walter]
[/quote]

[quote author=Aazealh]
[/quote]

Like I said, its more than likely he _is_ an apostle, I'd just respect him a lot more as a character if he wasn't.

*Aaz-like addition*: Wyald was the apostle who never became Zodd in that he was pretty much an unstoppable monster. While he wasn't much of a deep character, he affected our main characters. He scared the crap out of Guts.

I suppose I'm with skytraveller. My favorite would have to be Roshine, in that she was both a deep character as well a challenge to Guts' character.

berserker88

The Raging Demon
ok all I want to know is Grunbeld a apostle in the game it looks like he transforms into something and he defeated 3000 troops by himself I mean lets face it he sticks out like a sore thumb if your looking for apostles!!

so is he a apostle???

CnC

Ad Oculos
berserker88 said:
ok all I want to know is Grunbeld a apostle in the game it looks like he transforms into something and he defeated 3000 troops by himself I mean lets face it he sticks out like a sore thumb if your looking for apostles!!

zuh?

berserker88 said:
so is he a apostle???

yes

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
berserker88 said:
he defeated 3000 troops by himself

Nope, bad translation. He fought with only 3000 men for 10 years against Tudor's armies to protect his country.

And he is an apostle indeed.

berserker88

The Raging Demon
oh ok sorry for the confusion but he is defently cool he looks so awsome he is the coolest apostle i cant wait to fight him in the game!!!

by the way does he stand taller than Zodd or Zodd apostle form????

CnC

Ad Oculos
berserker88 said:
oh ok sorry for the confusion but he is defently cool he looks so awsome he is the coolest apostle i cant wait to fight him in the game!!!

by the way does he stand taller than Zodd or Zodd apostle form????

As far as how they relate in size while in apostle form its never been directly shown (if I had to guess I'd say Grunbeld's bigger). In there "normal" form Grunbeld is taller.
Despite size, we know who wears the pants in that relationship. :zodd:

Top Bottom