Who likes metal music??

Infinit

I like berserk...
Metal, hardcore, metalcore, screamo... whatever. What are you into? which are your favorite bands?

Some of mine are:

Killswitch Engage
Misery Signals
Blood Has Been Shed
Bury Your Dead
It Dies Today
Poison The Well
The Black Dahlia Murder
As I Lay Dying
Bleeding through
Unearth
BANE
Reflux
Silverstein
Far From Ruin (a local hardcore band I suggest you check out: http://www.myspace.com/farfromruin )

etc.

I like metal, but im EXTREMELY picky with what i listen to. Two of my three favorite bands are metal bands however, Chimaira and Opeth.

Opeth ive seen in concert and they're amazing, but i havent been fortunate enough to see Chimaira just yet.

Infinit

I like berserk...
Meshugga is kill... Chimara rulez... I went to ozzfest 2005 and got to see the likes of Shadows Fall, Trivium, and other bands that were stated on the list i had originally posted with.

I now know that there arent any metal fans on this forum... I mean there were only 2 replies.... lame.

Billybob

Succumb to the will of the beast
I like to listen to some metal bands here and there.

Opeth, of course. A little Nevermore, classic Slayer is always fun, I've dipped into Cattle Decapitation, pretty decent gore metal. Andromeda for the prog metal side of things. Just a little bit here and there.

Oburi

All praise Grail
I'm not a big metal fan but some bands for some reason I just love (OPETH). Also theres another band called Callisto which I really like but I've only heard the songs they put on their myspace. Actually, I found about them through this site when they were mentioned by someone...once. http://www.myspace.com/callistochaos

I certainly do! Some favorites are:

Mercyful Fate
Deströyer 666
Bathory
King Diamond
Venom
Immolation
The Chasm
Suffocation
Morbid Angel
Manilla Road
Metalucifer
Hellhammer
Witchfinder General
Candlemass
Autopsy
Enslaved
Burzum
Darkthrone
Havohej
Celtic Frost
Summoning
Dark Angel
Beherit
Obituary

The Answer is an excellent, newer metal band (and they are Irish, which is always a plus), and Danzig is still putting out new stuff, which you've gotta love. I have to admit though, the 80's stuff is hard to beat, and I wish that more of the "kids" today were listening to good old fashioned metal instead of hip hop. You don't hear Snoop rapping about mythical beasts or epic vision quests, I do know that.

I am a big Metal fan, and I have so many bands I love, Here are my favourite groups:

Blind guardian
Iced earth
Dragonforce
Rhapsody of fire
Hammerfall
Lost horizon
Nightwish
Dio
3 inches of blood
Masterplan
Helloween
X Japan
In Flames
Cannibal Corpse
Soilwork
Into eternity
Scar Symmetry
DevilDriver
Megadeth
Metallica
Pantera
Nickelback
Papa Roach
Disturbed
Shinedown
Flaw
Godsmack

I listen to all kinds of stuff but I definetly enjoy metal.

Killswitch Engage
In Flames
Fear Factory
Meshuga
Chimaira
Atreyu
Mastadon
Dog Fashion Disco (check them out if you haven't heard of them!)
Hatebreed

Among others this is just off the top of my head.

Metal owns. Berserk is fucking metal. :zodd:

Bands: (no order)

Zyklon, I, Immortal, Throwdown, Lamb of God, Meshuggah, At the Gates, Satyricon, Mayhem, Nightrage, Children of Bodom, Dragonforce, Opeth, Aborted, 3 Inches of Blood, Black Dhalia Murder, Trivium, All That Remains, fucking Slayer, Arch Enemy, Cannibal Corpse, Cryptopsy, Dark Tranquility, Grimfist, The Haunted, Kreator, Mastodon, Motorhead, Nile...and many more. you get the idea. :badbone:

incognitoX

you fail me
Of course I do, along with it's subgenres and other types of music hardcore, hardcore punk, grind, etc.

Some of my favorites:

At the Gates
Aborted
Burning Witch
Cephalic Carnage
In Flames (after Whoreacle it just went downhill)
Opeth
Pig Destroyer
Terrorizer
Discordance Axis
Napalm Death
The Black Dahlia Murder
Decapitated
Municipal Waste
Converge
Soilent Green

Metal is a main part of my daily diet. Among the bands I listen to are:

As I Lay Dying
Arch Enemy
Chimaira
Dark Tranquility
DevilDriver
Iced Earth
In Flames
Mastodon
Trivium

BOB

poruno sutâ
incognitoX said:
Burning Witch

Tasty, didn't expect them to be mentioned around here. Doom's my favourite form of Metal Music but I'm also very much into old school thrash lately, like Dark Angel, Kreator, Hirax, old Slayer and of course the last Municipal Waste album.
Like some of the newer stuff I call aerobic metal (or bollo :guts:) with all the fancy moves during breakdowns like Hatebreed, Throwdown, Icepick, Lamb of God or older 18v.
Latest Deicide and Kataklysm records are great, too and Gorgoroth of course. Too many to mention

Guts[LCF]

† Kuroi Kenshi †
I used to love Metal, now I'm more into Rock, I guess that "phase" in my life has past, some people can still tolerate the screaming, I got bored of it. Nonetheless there are some very talented Metal bands out there, one of my favorites was Dark Tranquility, Mercenary and Children of Bodom, though most people listen to them bands nowadays, too many people seem to be making Metal a Mainstream now, too much publicity for it ( in my opinion ). Still very good, I am more into bands like A Perfect Circle, Tool and Cold.

Still I get urges for metal every now and then and I tend to listen to it here and there. Oh yeah this is my first post on this board so Id just like to say Hello to all the members out there. Ill be sticking around here for a while ( been following you guys for quite some time just never registered :guts:

Kagami

Goo!
BayJumper said:
Yes. That's why Berserk's ugly English logo on the American releases looks like it's minted from lead, which is also a "heavy metal."

Awww....

Did Nils Frykdahl pack your ass like a suit-case? I think so. Another victory for metal.

PS: Everyone take a look at Sleepytime Gorilla Museum

http://www.sleepytimegorillamuseum.com/

Dirty Dog

I like Metal, but personally dislike most newer hardcore/metal core bands.

and I don't care for screamo either.

my personal favorite metal band is the Melvins. They are, seriously, the greatest band ever. :chomp:

BOB

poruno sutâ
Dirty Dog said:
my personal favorite metal band is the Melvins. They were, seriously, the greatest band ever. :chomp:

They sucked for years and only just redeemed themselves with the new album. Thank god the Big Business guys are onboard now

Top Bottom