Who likes metal music??

Guts2

There's no FATE - Just the power of WILL
I'm into Oldies... Heavy metal, with just a little of other genres...
So, my list of bands would be:

Manowar
Lost Horizon
Annihilator
Majesty
W.A.S.P.
Amon Amarth
Scorpions
Deep Purple
Led Zeppelin
Alice Cooper
AC DC
Blind Guardian
Children Of Bodom
Danzig
Dream Evil
Rage
Rainbow
Saxon
ZZ Top
Tenacious D
Twisted Sister
Vixen
Wizard
Thyrfing

......and that's just to name a few... :guts:
I guess i put a lot of Hard Rock bands on the list, but what-the-heck, they deserve to be up there anyway.... :badbone:

ghadrack

Not a llama or your momma!
BOB said:
They sucked for years and only just redeemed themselves with the new album. Thank god the Big Business guys are onboard now

Have you caught a show on the recent tour with Big Business? They put on a really, really great show, the dual drumwork is astounding. I absolutely recommend catching one of these shows if you can.

I listen to a little metal now and then:

Anthrax
Alice in Chains
Body Count
Converge
Corrosion of Conformity
Down
Glassjaw
Helmet
Iron Maiden
Isis
Mastodon
Metallica
Megadeth
Melvins
NIN
Prong
Pantera
Rollins Band
Sevendust
Slayer
Slipknot
Soulfly
Soundgarden
Stormtroopers of Death
Strapping Young Lad
System of a Down
Testament
Therapy?
Tool
White Zombie
Zeni Geva....

And many more

I've become more open-minded when it comes to music than I was 3 years ago and my preferences have changed a bit, but I still love metal over all other forms of music.
Some of my favorite metal bands for the time being include:

Amon Amarth
Bathory
Bruce Dickinson
Dan Swano
Edge of Sanity
Falkenbach
Iron Maiden
Nightingale (not really metal but still good)
Opeth
Star One

BTW, Falkenbach's latest album rocks!

Dirty Dog

BayJumper said:
Does anyone think that "Enter Sandman" was their best song?

I'd probably put that in their top five.
I think my favorite by them is probably fade to black, but then again that's just more my type of song. :troll:

incognitoX

you fail me
BOB said:
They sucked for years and only just redeemed themselves with the new album. Thank god the Big Business guys are onboard now

The records they did with Jello Biafra were great.

Then again in my eyes, Jello can do no wrong.

Dirty Dog

incognitoX said:

I would rank most of the songs they did with Jello Biafra as among their best.
However, I can't say I dislike anything I've heard by them. (aside from some of the stuff they did with Kurt Cobain -- like wtf?)

Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
I don't think so dude, they are industrial [hard core death techno] last time I checked.

sad-baby.jpg

rorik

There is never enough time to do nothing.
March of Flames said:
I like Converge, Between The Buried And Me, From A Second Story Window, and Genghis Tron.

I'm glad that some folks share some of my tastes as well as Berserk. (Well not so much Genghis Tron, but to each their own, right?)

Anyone here like any hardcore? i.e. Champion, Terror, CDC, XLooking ForwardX, etc.

Oh and... long time lurker, first time poster. Epic entrance huh :serpico:

Femto the Raven

The location of agony? The human soul.
I like all kinds of Rock and Roll but I prefer Power and Death Metal.

Some of my pics include:

Demons and Wizards
Rammstein
Blind Guardian
Dragon Forge
Falconer
Beseech
Nightwish

Anyone hear about a band called Berserk?

Speaking of Dethklok, I was recently shocked to find out that King Diamond does a lot of the voices on the show. I assumed he'd died of some variety of drug related illness or satanist plot, but no.

Also, I wish Metallica had stopped with Master of Puppets. The power ballad has corrupted EVERY metal band to try it, and they should have known this in advance. Also, I'm curious to know what people think of nu-metal, while on the debate of what is/is not metal (as with NiN). Korn is probably the only one with any artistic merit, but once Anthrax paved the way everyone knew it was coming, and it appears to be here to stay.

BOB

poruno sutâ
incognitoX said:

Jello is snobby and boring and apart from the latest Melvins album everything that followed Lysol was just mediocre even with some unbearable stuff in between and that doesn't mean I'm closed minded since I love my Naked City or Merzbow records but the Melvins simply did stuff that was going nowhere.
Take Boris, the opener from the album Bullhead and compare it to any of their songs from Houdini til now and it should become obvious.

Thank god there's the band Harvey Milk
http://www.myspace.com/harveymilk

March of Flames

Love Is Vengeance.
Rorik said:
I'm glad that some folks share some of my tastes as well as Berserk. (Well not so much Genghis Tron, but to each their own, right?)

Anyone here like any hardcore? i.e. Champion, Terror, CDC, XLooking ForwardX, etc.

Oh and... long time lurker, first time poster. Epic entrance huh :serpico:

I forgot that I didn't not respond to this message. I used to like hardcore about three years ago and I've seen With Honor, Comeback Kid, and Champion live. Oh and another metal band (I guess that's what they are) that I like is Circle Takes The Square which is probably one of my favorite bands.

Femto the Raven

The location of agony? The human soul.
Enter Sandman and Unforgiven II are both awesome, but Metallica has done so much!

Let's not forget:

Of Man and Wolf
Outlaw Torn
Unforgiven (original still my favorite)
Master of Puppets
St. Anger (unpopular I know)
Nothing else Matters
Hero of the Day
Carpe Deim
The Memory remains
Wherever I may Roam

And so many others! Metallica rocks eternally.

For Metallica, "Through the Never" is definitely my favorite song of theirs. I just love how it gets up and goes.

I've recently gotten into Rhasphody and Kamelot. My metal tastes fluctuate a lot.

Screamo?
I like metal, rock and the like myself.
Give a listen to:
Amon Amarth
Dark Tranquility
Turisas
Blind Guardian
Fear Factory
Mushroomhead
Soilwork
Arch Enemy
Maybe Lacuna Coil

rorik

There is never enough time to do nothing.
March of Flames said:
I forgot that I didn't not respond to this message. I used to like hardcore about three years ago and I've seen With Honor, Comeback Kid, and Champion live. Oh and another metal band (I guess that's what they are) that I like is Circle Takes The Square which is probably one of my favorite bands.

Good stuff man. So you don't like hardcore anymore then?

Circle Takes the Square is a great band. They are long overdue for a new album. I would consider their genre... post hardcore/math indie/metal/weird hahaha. I dunno.

My favorites are actually more along the lines of Converge, Advocate, Modern Life Is War, Curl Up And Die, Orchid, pg99, Cult of Luna, Isis, Zombie Apocalypse (seriously, that band is amazing, members from Shai Hulud doing crazy chaotic hardcore).

Hey if you are interested, check out my band: Under Anchor
I am the guitarist/vocalist.

TriFrog said:

There is good screamo. In fact, some of my favorite bands are screamo. Kaospilot, Neil Perry, Orchid, Song of Zarathustra, Spirit of Versailles, etcetcetc. Pretty much just go check out Level Plane Records and they have a ton of great screamo bands on their label.

Top Bottom