Who will turn on Griffith?

Out of those loyal to Griffith, who will turn on him?

• Locus

Votes: 16 76.2%
  • Zodd

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Grunbeld

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Charlotte

• Rakshas

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Void/other Godhand members

• Sonia

• None of the above

• Total voters

nir085

Horse and Armor
This topic was probably kind of covered in a few speculation nation posts already, but I found no posts or topics so might as well start one.

Anyways, does anyone think that Ganishka will build a strong enough case for people in Griffith's group to join him? That the Apostles will get a lower opinion of Griffith at some point? Or that they'll turn against him or leave the Taka No Dan for another reason?
Here is why I think the following characters may end up leaving/turning against Griffith:

Zodd - Eventually finds out that Guts (or someone else perhaps) is the "Ultimate Strong One" and leaves in search of them. It's pretty far-fetched implying that Zodd will eventually team up with Guts in any way, but then, when I saw the first Zodd episode, I didn't think he would eventually team up with Griffith either. He also has a lot of respect for Guts as a person, but with Griffith, his respect for him mainly comes from the fact that he is Godhand and because of the Hawk of Light message (or so it seems).

Locus - Seems like a nice guy and so far he has killed only those who oppose his master. Doesn't act as sadistic or barbaric as some other Apostles and may end up turning against Griffith if he crosses the line in terms of evil.

Grunbeld - If he found the burning of Flora's house a dishonorable act, then he'll probably find Griffith's later acts even more dishonorable. But Grunbeld doesn't really seem like a likely candidate.

Void - Loves order and causality, while his fellow "Godhand" member Griffith only cares about ruling a kingdom, not really about keeping causality/Godhand intact.

Charlotte - too dumb to understand that Griffith does not really love her, but once she realizes that Griffith is only using her to rule Midland, and maybe at some point to give him a child, what will she think of him then?

Rakshas - already said that he wants Griffith's head, but does he just want it as a trophy or because he really hates him for some unknown reason? I'm guessing the later but you never really know with Apostle-like characters. Either way, I got the feeling that he is only teamed up with Griffith to bring down Ganishka; after that, he may care less.

Sonia - innocent little girl. Looks too innocent to take part in Griffith's sick plans.

Mule (couldn't fit on poll) - finds a way to resist Griffith's charisma somehow and leads a [weak] group against him after witnessing his evil first hand?

My theories are pretty wild, so feel free to add more logical ones.

If anyone were to turn on him I would guess either Rakshas (though I don't think he even would try and take Griffiths head) or prehaps Mule in time.

Realistically though I don't think it will happen personally.

Demented Swordsman

so I pranked him.. to death with a tire iron!
Zodd
Well, if anything, I think one of Zodd's reasons for being with griffith at all is the slight chance that he may find the ultimate strong one through helping Griffith ascend- that & aimlessly killing for 300 years can get boring.. hell, why do you think he started the USO crusade?(my 2 cents)

Also, he respects Guts' skill as a fellow warrior and a human warrior at that- I don't think he gives two shits about Guts as a person.

Locus
I look at Locus as someone Griffith puts some measure of faith in. He trusted him enough to have him lead an attack on Ganishka, and the words exchanged between Ganishka & Locus have me in favor of Locus being a die-hard to Griffith's cause. One thing about Locus is that he seems to embody knightly principles. Turning on your master isn't very knightly.

Grunbeld
Sure, he thought attacking an old lady was 'dishonorable' but he also agreed to go along with it to show his loyalty. He set aside his own pride, just to obey Griffith. Also, he protected Sonia, no doubt because Griffith wished her to remain intact.

Void
Hmmm. This one eludes me. I can agree that he reinforces the flow of causality, but he is some sort of ruler amongst the swine of apostles. If Griffith were to become the ruler of the tangible world, I can only see Void's own influence growing. Also, he seemed aware that with the birth of Femto, the age of darkness would come, but how Griffith would go about that is entirely up to Griffith, & not Void. All Void knows is that Griffith's choices are within the flow of causality, so him being bothered by those choices doesn't seem likely.

Charlotte
Griffith's influence over her is seeded pretty deep. Even if she heard it from him, I don't think the news of her being a tool could sway her from his grasp. She'd probably just end up going crazy from the idea that she is with someone who could never love her back. Then again, if she were to find out his true nature as a demon lord, I'm not so sure she'd stick around. I see her as a possible risk, but a small margine at that.

Rakshas
He wants Griffiths pretty head.. how sweet. I don't think he cares about Griffith's status, or weather what he's doing is right or wrong, the only thing I see is that he's a jackal of sorts, who has some sort of connection with Ganishka, & Silatt.

Revenge is most likely his game, but I don't think he's going to lift a finger unless he has to. Very tricky. My vote is for him, but only because he already said he wants his head :-\

Sonia
Crazy little shit would DIE for Griffith. Not so sure she'd betray him. Then again, as with Charlotte, if she found out his true nature, she might just flee.

Mule
I see him as a good hearted kid, whos stuck in a shitty war he cant help but be a part of. He already offered his sword to Griffith, but he couldn't really help himself. Still, even if he was a wildcard, the only way I see him turning on Griffith is if he finds out just how evil he is.

atomsk

It's him! It's the real pirate king!
I wouldn't say Rakashas would "turn" on Griffith, since he's already made his intentions clear. I'd say Mule or Charlotte.

burnout39

HA! I can see you!..What...you can see me? AHH!
Hmm..I think having the apostles get PO'ed at Griff. for not doing what they want would be a good turn in the plot.

They go onto a "We gave you this power" trip, and he turns on them. They summon Guts using his beherit and give him powers with a money back garuntee so he can go after Griff.

Whoa Frank

OMGWTFLOL
atomsk said:
I wouldn't say Rakashas would "turn" on Griffith, since he's already made his intentions clear. I'd say Mule or Charlotte.

I agree with the statement about Rakashas, but... Charlotte? She's a complete airhead and probably similar to how Casca was before the whole Griff-to-Femto transformation in the fact that she pretty much worships him.

atomsk

It's him! It's the real pirate king!
True, but once she finds out about his questionable past, who can say what she'll do? Except Miura.

i would say rakashas, but i hope that sometime in the manga i will be able to watch griffith get killed by gutts, or maybe someone else

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
I really dont see how Rakashas and Charlotte are so special that they are free from casulty. Maybe somehow apostles have the power to be free from it, but i highly doubt it, since even zodd is forced to serve griffith;For what he thinks is the strongest fighter, but just proves that even zodd is not exempt from the rules of casulty. Gutts and caska maybe, because they escaped the eclipes, and maybe everyone else they came in contact with is able to break casulty. (remember Grun's fight, so me MIGHT be free from casulty, but it is doubtful he will betray griffith anyways).

However, what about... The Idea of Evil? This is not really along the lines of betrayal, but what if he was never on griffith's side in the first place? What if the master plan wasn't for griff to become the "chosen one", but to fix up midland? Or maybe, just MAYBE, Guts is the chosen one and griffith and his dream is the tool to shape guts. Idea just says what must be said to manipulate Griffith, I mean he is the Idea of Evil after all.

DemonX said:
However, what about... The Idea of Evil? This is not really along the lines of betrayal, but what if he was never on griffith's side in the first place? What if the master plan wasn't for griff to become the "chosen one", but to fix up midland? Or maybe, just MAYBE, Guts is the chosen one and griffith and his dream is the tool to shape guts. Idea just says what must be said to manipulate Griffith, I mean he is the Idea of Evil after all.

Speaking of which, i really hope that one day Guts will talk face to face with Idea

i wonder if miura ever thought of ending it that way?

guts in front of idea, :eek:

he goes berserk, >:(

does a slicey-slice on idea, ;D

end of the world, :-X

interesting ,

just a thought

- c

Top Bottom