Why change something so good

pav

"Are you lookin at me?"
This is referring to the italian copies of berserk I'm not sure if anyone has seen the copies but there are some serious changes to gatts in there. Such as his eye (right eye is his seeing one where as original one is left) and his arm is different right one is metal cannon and left one is flesh normal.
Now can anyone tell me that when the italians got the right they surely must have seen berserk and why hasn't muira done anything (yet muira did make the same arm mistake in chap 185 or 186 I think where gatts fights zodd and godo's mine).

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
Miura knows don't worry :D Simply in Japan they read from right to left and from the last page (for us) to the first. So the tables were "mirrored" to adapt them to our way to read. You will have noticed no doubt also that everyone use the sword with the left hand for the same reason :D
Not that I am happy of that...

M

Marcus

The same thing is done in the US with 'Blade of the Immortal' manga. They mirror the pictures so that we can read it left-to-right but with several pictures they don't mirror, resulting with chaos among the readers wondering what scar is where and which leg/arm/appendage was cut off  :-X

Edit: -sigh- the bug I posted on BBS updates/FAQ made me post 2 messages again -________-

it seems Proteus has perfected that little technique they tried out on BotI with Akira. i dont like any of the panels are flipped, they just cut and pasted them in the correct order for us. looks very good.

I'm glad Studio Proteus tried to cut and paste as much as possible. Mirroring is awkward especially because Manji has distinct scars and the black and white kimono which makes it easy to tell which panels are mirrored (if he's in them). The German Berserk books are right to left and it didn't take too long to adjust my eye scanning, so maybe these manga translators could take the lazy path and just change the bubbles.  :p

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
And do you want to know something very funny? The curator of the german series is the same person (an italian ) that is responsable of the italian series. Strangely he gives to us (his  compatriots) a mirrored version with one half the number of pages of the originals. To the Germans he give issues that are virtually identical to the originals, translations aside of course.

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
Strangely he gives to us (his  compatriots) a mirrored version with one half the number of pages of the originals.
i hope that doesn't mean they contain half the information, does it?
The German Berserk books are right to left and it didn't take too long to adjust my eye scanning
i also didn't have problems. actually i like reading from back to front, it enhances the feeling that berserk is special one more time. :)

BOB

poruno sutâ
imagine having all the volumes in japanese without knowing any canji. Now that's what i call special :D

BOB

poruno sutâ
hmm you enjoy the exotic ways of reading from the right to the left and i was so dumb to buy something i can only look at from right to left. I think that joke died halfway in between those two facts.

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
hmm you enjoy the exotic ways of reading from the right to the left and i was so dumb to buy something i can only look at from right to left.  I think that joke died halfway in between those two facts.
ah, i see... you _own_ all volumes in canji, indeed. i didn't understand since you wrote "imagine".

in this case... learn japanese, man ;D ::)

Kenoh-Sama

"What is love? Not that I want some or anythi
it seems Proteus has perfected that little technique they tried out on BotI with Akira. i dont like any of the panels are flipped, they just cut and pasted them in the correct order for us. looks very good.

You said it! :)

Top Bottom