Will Guts ever be as famous as Griffith?

Do you think guts and his friends at some point become well-known in midland?? possibly near the conclusion of the manga or at some earlier point. I'm asking because even when guts was with griffith not many people seemed to care about him, and it's always been about Griffith. So do you think Midland will know more about him at some point?

Guts is more of a legend than the apparent 'saviour' that everyone makes Griffith out to be. If you remember Guts is known as the 'Hundred man slayer' or the 'Black Swordsman' and I think it's more of an exciting way to think of him personally than making him really popular. If he was out in the open, the underdog element of surprise on peoples faces when he's seen using the DS wouldn't be quite as impressive.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think Berserk is about a popularity contest. :griff:

And as king, no one's going to rival Griffith's popularity.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Like JezzaX said, Guts is already pretty famous in his own right. For instance, after hearing of his exploits as the hundred man slayer, Isidro was inspired to become a swordsman. He may not be as well known as Griffith (especially with the way things are now), but it's not like no one has heard of him.

Oburi

All praise Grail
I kinda know what berserk fan is suggesting though, like maybe by the end the people of the world will realize the truth about Griffith and see Guts as their only savior. Kind of how like at the end of Lord Of the Rings (sorry) the people and king all kneel to Frodo because they realize that he was the one who saved them, even though through the whole story most didn't even know the struggle that he was going through, or that he existed. I'm not saying I necessarily believe this is the way things will happen, in fact I don't expect them to, but it's an interesting thought and its still possible.

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
The ordinary folk know of The Black Swordsman here and there, but mostly "important" ordinaries and nobles... If anything's gonna happen to Guts' popularity, he'll probably remain more infamous than plain ol' famous. Depending on what Guts would become known FOR among the commoners, it would probably be bad for him. His best bet is to remain in the shadows then leap out of the bushes only to jam his sword through Griffith's chest.

X

Xem

Gobolatula said:
The ordinary folk know of The Black Swordsman here and there, but mostly "important" ordinaries and nobles... If anything's gonna happen to Guts' popularity, he'll probably remain more infamous than plain ol' famous. Depending on what Guts would become known FOR among the commoners, it would probably be bad for him. His best bet is to remain in the shadows then leap out of the bushes only to jam his sword through Griffith's chest.

Not to mention it's not unlikely that if he grew famous in the eyes of commoner's it wouldn't be as a savior. Griffith is their savior and Guts is opposing him. He'd likely be spun as a "terrorist" of sorts. I mean hell, the Holy See already mistook him as the Hawk of Darkness and that was before Griffith came to their rescue.

Guts seemingly has a pretty impossible feat to overcome. :griffnotevil:

I think that, if he is ever able to defeat Griffith, he will be become even more famous than Griffith simply because he will be known as the one who defeated the great White Hawk.

Top Bottom