WIP: Commisioned Zodd modelkit

I primed the base yesterday night b4 painting the crow'n crossbow.
Today I added skin tones to the corpses + painted the gorier parts. (Small cuts'n bruises will be painted last).

zodd_base_bloody_.JPG

Tomorrow:

-Paint the metal parts on the base flat black.
-Eat a fancy dinner with my fiancée...

Everything's looking great Joa. I'm always impressed with the extra sculpting you do for your projects. It's what sets your kits apart from all the others! Keep it up!

Since we had a bottle of chamapgne to go with our dinner tonight, I didn't quite feel like bringing out the airbrush... ^^´

Well, my fiancée is an avid Guild Wars gamer and I enjoy watching her play.
Thing is, in between fights I get a lil' bored with her reorganizing her stash, her skills etc so I started doodling with what was on the work table.
Waddayaknow... this happened out of nowhere t'nite    :serpico:

quite self explanatory...

zodd_shield_progress_01_.JPG

zodd_shield_progress_02_.JPG

And some battle damage...  :rolleyes:

zodd_shield_done_boh.JPG

To do:
-Weather it down with oils and pastels b4 it's added to the base.

More to come...  :guts:

Very very nice, I love how that shield turned out its perfect, I'm sure the commissioner will be very happy with this

CnC

Ad Oculos
hey, I was just painting intestines the other night. small world! :troll:

anyhoo, its lookin good. I like the "worn" look a lot. very effective. It doesnt carry over to the metal over enough, IMO, but I suppose thats the limitation of working at that size.
Still, great work.

CnC said:
anyhoo, its lookin good.  I like the "worn" look a lot.  very effective.  It doesnt carry over to the metal over enough, IMO, but I suppose thats the limitation of working at that size.

But alas:
To do:
-Weather it down with oils and pastels b4 it's added to the base.
  :guts: I'll get there... you'll see ;P

Joa said:
But alas: :guts: I'll get there... you'll see ;P

yah, if yu didnt see the number joa did on guts helmut for his casca statue its quite a sight to behold.

freaking amazing fabrications as always man!

This is as far as I've come with the base:

zodd_base_metal_.JPG

Left to do on it:
-Blend to the wodden base.
-Wash with oils; bring out the details in faces and armor.
-Add the extras, such as the crow, shield and crossbow.
I'm also thinknig of adding a half fallen banner with the same heraldry as the shield.

Next up will be more pics on Zodd I believe as I'm kind of finishing him up...

More to come...  :guts:

Wereallmad

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
This shit is really impressive. How'd you learn to do all of this? Trial and error? a mentor? I have a bunch of resin kits and stuff that I never put together because I couldn't even seem to manage to glue them together without fucking up and ruining the kit. I had a bunch of really cool ones back in the day, that I ruined because I was too inept with this sort of stuff. Seeing the kind of effort and custom detail you put into your kits though, it really makes me wish I'd stuck with it.

Wereallmad said:
This shit is really impressive. How'd you learn to do all of this?

Thanks.
I begun painting figs and building kits at the age of 5, so learning by doing I asume...  :schierke:

Last nite I did some more painting on Zoddy boy; metals, the fur cape (which turned out to take triple the time I estimated due to all the undercuts and cracks :dry: ) and the hair.

Done today: washing the armours of the fallen knights:

zodd_base_armor_wash.JPG

Tonight:
-wash Zoddy's armor in a similar fashion.
-wash the faces           -"-.

More to come... :guts:

CnC

Ad Oculos
pretty horrific...
I think its the lips and eyelids combined with the pale skin that make it so.

Can Zoddy come out and play?
Lots more to do, but here's a sneak peak on how far he's come (after these snaps were taken I finished the shorts and his .. well, hard cup :carcus: )

zodd_turnaround_01_.JPG

And the base after some more time spent on it:

zodd_base_post_wash_.JPG

I'm loving the shine on that armor it looks fantastic. I also like how you did the fur and his hair, this is by far the best custom done Zodd I have seen.

Thanks for the kind words ... you make me blush. :judo:

In a land b4 time...
Not a land, Jack.
In a time where a man's will is not his own...
What does that mean?
An apostle...
Not an apostle
..that has got eyes for You!
Um, that actually sounds ok.

zodd_eyes_turnaround_.JPG

I apparently skipped the looking down at the crow-idea.
Since after all, this kit is about Zodd being kinda' miscontempt about the whole gig of constantly fighting / participating in wars.
The crow is a cool detail, but it shouldn't be the main attraction, so to speak, hence this turn.

CnC

Ad Oculos
yea, I'm glad he wouldn't be lookin' at the crow. Such things don't concern ZODD :zodd: (an emoticon I finally have a real use for)...

Ok, so it's been a few days since the last real update...   :zodd:

Welll, when the base arrived I was So pumped I immediately set out to blend the edges of the corpse base that came with the kit; thus...

base_plaster_.JPG

As the commisioner is not aware of the shape/look of the base there will be no pics of it til much later in the project... :serpico:

I also went about doing a sword for the chopped hand:

sword_makingof_.JPG

In order to fasten the now resculpted base to the wooden one, I drilled out 3 holes in the wood, added screws and then dremeled out corresponding holes in the resin base:

base_holes.JPG

Next I epoxy glued the lower Zoddy part to the pile o' corpses and pinned him securely with a 3mm rod through his rear.

Here are the extra details I've made thus far + where on the base they'll be placed:

scratch_details_.JPG

The flag/banner was made from a used towel fixated with white glue.
It will of course be weathered down for that really worn/torn battle look.

Next up will be adding static grass, more rubble and .. well.. details.

More to come  :guts:

Despite me being sick and home from work today, I couldn't stay away from Zod Man...

zodd_grass_step.JPG

Yeah, you read it correctly ... he's done.
Well, almost. I still have to go over him to do some touch ups + the adventure of making him ready for the trip over seas... :judo:

I'll post *finished* pics within a week.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
I'm really excited to see the pics of the finished job, Joa. From what I can see of it at the moment, it looks fantastic (not that I didn't expect it to :guts:).

Top Bottom