shield.jpg

horsefront.jpg

side.jpg

schnoz.jpg

sword.jpg

SK_2_pagev2.jpg

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Very nice, Derek. Another fabulous paint job. I like the multicolored beherits on the Yobimizu no Tsurugi.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Hahaha, there's hair on Schnoz? He's definitely got a MAD SCIENTIST look! :ganishka:

Anyway, it's all pretty cool despite the simple color scheme. I love the eyes in particular, they really feel like some eerie light is lighting them up. :SK: The beherit sword must have been a pain to paint like that. I like it, but I think blending the colors a little bit would have made for a nicer effect. Fantastic result anyway, I hope I'm on your will. :void:

Very nice color ! I like it ! Good choice, although silver is cool I think I prefer this bone color ! Like SK bust with Zodd2

Who did this great job ? You Derek ? Or do you have chinese people working in your garage ?

:troll:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Drakull said:
Who did this great job ? You Derek ? Or do you have chinese people working in your garage ?

:troll:

John Allred did, a red-blooded American. He's Derek's painter.

Godred

Once sent from the Golden Hall.
Wow i really really digs this. I normally dont like that color of him. but it looks really really good on your statue.

Thanks guys!! Glad you all like it. I can't take credit for the hair on Schnoz though. That was all John's idea!! LOL. Also, I thought about having the horse painted similar (but darker than) to the spectres in my Guts/Farnese kit:

spectres.jpg

But, I decided against it in the end. Also, I was tempted to have the horse's clothes painted like fire, but then also decided against it in the end. I'm definitely happy that I ended up staying with the more realistic / gritty look.

Drakull said:
Who did this great job ? You Derek ? Or do you have chinese people working in your garage ? :troll:

Not exactly! They work in my yard instead.

Aazealh said:
Fantastic result anyway, I hope I'm on your will. :void:

HAHA, I'll keep that in mind. But until I read the conclusion of the Berserk manga, I ain't going nowhere soon!

*grumbles* I hate getting beaten to the punch. O well even if my deal for a broken one hadn't fallen through it wouldn't be done by now anyway.

Congrats man. It is fucking amazing.

DK (and everyone else), I was wondering are you planning on getting these 2:

Guts Black Swordsman ganbo-store edition: http://www.art-of-war.co.jp/english/items/detail.php?gid=218

Zodd Senma: http://www.art-of-war.co.jp/english/items/detail.php?gid=181

If you have them (didn't see it on the site), what are your impressions?

Also, I saw this on art of war's site... a Berserk watch!

http://www.art-of-war.co.jp/english/items/detail.php?gid=136

I really like watches and seeing that thing makes me want to buy it. It's automatic (a must! screw quartz heh) and just looks really solid. Curious if anyone has it and what they think of it...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Fusiongt said:
DK (and everyone else), I was wondering are you planning on getting these 2:

Guts Black Swordsman ganbo-store edition: http://www.art-of-war.co.jp/english/items/detail.php?gid=218

Zodd Senma: http://www.art-of-war.co.jp/english/items/detail.php?gid=181

If you have them (didn't see it on the site), what are your impressions?

Here's the thread about Zodd: Senma. I know many people around here bought it (Derek being one of them, of course), and you can probably find more comments about it in other threads as well. Using the forum's search engine should do you wonders. :serpico:

Fusiongt said:
Also, I saw this on art of war's site... a Berserk watch!

http://www.art-of-war.co.jp/english/items/detail.php?gid=136

I really like watches and seeing that thing makes me want to buy it. It's automatic (a must! screw quartz heh) and just looks really solid. Curious if anyone has it and what they think of it...

Here's the thread about the watch (and here is the one about the white model). I have the black model, I've been wearing it everyday ever since I got it and am fully satisfied with it.

Thanks Aazealh... Yea totally forgot about the search function. I'll use it next time... but well since this is kind of related I'll just ask this question here rather then bump those other threads...

So the Zodd Senma and the Watch are still both being sold on Art of War's site. Are these the "originals" because I find it hard to believe that the few hundred they list on the site is still up for sale (I thought these things sold out the first few days). The Zodd Senma I believe is only 300 limited... and it's been out for a while, so is the stuff available on the site the same as back then? (Same question goes for the watch)

Thanks

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Fusiongt said:
So the Zodd Senma and the Watch are still both being sold on Art of War's site. Are these the "originals" because I find it hard to believe that the few hundred they list on the site is still up for sale (I thought these things sold out the first few days). The Zodd Senma I believe is only 300 limited... and it's been out for a while, so is the stuff available on the site the same as back then? (Same question goes for the watch)

Thanks

Yeah, it's the originals. High prices can be quite a deterrent, that's why they're not all sold out.

Fusiongt said:

Zodd senma is not a very popular statue, I think it s because of the quantity of blood

Drakull said:
Zodd senma is not a very popular statue, I think it s because of the quantity of blood

I don't agree with you there, I am not generally a fan of the 'bloody' versions of statues, but Zodd Senma is awesome and the best rendition of blood of all of AoW's statues in my opinion. I agree with Aazealh that it's probably more to do with the price.

I didn't say it is my opinion. :guts: I just ordered it

But more than 300 SK2 were sold very fast and Zodd Senma is still available, the price is not the problem I guess.

Aazealh, I got the Art of War black watch today and I also am really happy with it. The movement could be a bit smoother, the crystal sapphire could have be a bit more anti-reflective, and I wouldn't mind a little bit larger watch (I believe it's 38 mm... 40mm would have been perfect)... but other than that I think it's pretty awesome.This is my first watch with a power reserve and man it's really handy! I have a movado automatic and I'm always guessing how much power it has heh. This Berserk watch will hold me until I have enough money for Zenith watches (and before I could buy that I need to save up for a good downpayment on a house!)

Oh, do you know where it says the serial number is? I thought I read somewhere that it's on the box but I didn't see it.

Top Bottom