www.berserkstatues.com - discussion thread

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Fusiongt said:
Aazealh, I got the Art of War black watch today and I also am really happy with it. The movement could be a bit smoother, the crystal sapphire could have be a bit more anti-reflective, and I wouldn't mind a little bit larger watch (I believe it's 38 mm... 40mm would have been perfect)...

Hehe yeah, and there are many more things that could have been ameliorated; if you have time, check out the email I sent AOW back then asking for some refinements. It didn't yield anything but it'd have been nice I think. :guts:

Fusiongt said:
Oh, do you know where it says the serial number is? I thought I read somewhere that it's on the box but I didn't see it.

It's on the rim at the back of the watch.

Haha, it's been a while folks. Unfortunately, nothing new yet, but I finally made a short video of my current display case in NYC, as of December 2008. Of course, the majority of my collection is back in California, but these are the gems that I have to keep me company in the city that never sleeps. :guts:

Make sure to click the "high quality" button below the video or else the image is pretty blurry. Also, in case people are wondering, the song in the background is none other than Susumu Hirasawa's "FGG", off of the Switched-On Lotus album. Enjoy!

deathbybears said:
Hey man, this is really fantastic. Beautiful collection, and a beautiful presentation. Keep your friend's girlfriends away from that case, man.

LOL, will do. :serpico:

Aazealh said:
Nice video man. Too bad the rest is missing! :SK:

:miura: Yeah, we probably won't be reunited for many many years.

Maiku said:
Nice man! Where did you get that case? and how much was it?

I got the case off a lady on craigslist, for $350. It appears to be almost the exact same case on http://www.technodisplay.com/tower.html but that one is $1400. There are a lot of awesome display cases on technodisplay, and I've noticed almost any retail store I go to (comic book stores, department stores, jewelry stores), all have display cases and they all have a www.technodisplay.com plaque on the very top back corner of the case. So it seems like technodisplays is quite reputable and popular. You can customize each case too, with side lighting, or mirror backs, etc. The one I found on craigslist is SLIGHTLY different dimensions and the black base on the bottom is different. It also doesn't say technodisplays anywhere so I'm assuming it's made by someone else (maybe a knock off??). The lady said she bought it for over $1000, but it's craigslist, you never know!

Around that time I bought it, I also saw a listing on ebay for someone selling 10 of them for $600 each. They looked exactly like mine (not like the technodisplay ones). I just tried searching ebay again for the listing so I could post it here, but couldn't find it.

I'm quite happy with the case but I'm so worried that the shelves aren't safe enough. The glass is very thick but the shelves are being held by 4 screws that aren't really screwed into a hole with threads, but just screwed into a railing (hard to describe). I called technodisplays and they said that their stretched hexagonal case can hold up to 70 pounds per shelf before the screws show some signs of wear, but since my case isn't exactly from technodisplays, I can never be too sure. Granted, I'm not even close to 70 pounds per shelf, but it's JUST SCARY to think about it.

There is actually one more glass shelf (it comes with 4), but I'm saving the bottom shelf for the Zodd/Wyald statue. I already measured it and that is why there is so much extra space on the bottom one right now.

Man, that's an impressive display! The Skull Knight repaint has to be one of my favorites out of your collection (the enormous Zodd statue is up there too). Whenever I get the dough, I'd love to get my hands on a Guts statue! :carcus: Alas, I will have to settle with my Guts (Mad Face) figure...

I really appreciate the video. I'm a student and about as wealthy as a Nicaraguan bricklayer. I could never afford any of those statues, but your video gives me some perspective into the effects they create when displayed. It's perfect. *swoons*
voidbangfull2.gif

Your video has re-ignited my passion for berserk statue collecting. I was being good and saving money due to the economic crisis and X-mas presents that still need to be bought but that made me forget all about it. Such an awesome display man. My gf is going to kill me when I don't get her an itouch and get that statue I've always wanted. heh oh well. How could I resist with an awesome video like that!

HITReza said:
Perfect display. Simply great... There isn't more to say. ;)

Y thank you!

Madam President said:
Whenever I get the dough, I'd love to get my hands on a Guts statue! :carcus: Alas, I will have to settle with my Guts (Mad Face) figure...

Hey, nothing wrong with action figures! :serpico: The Berserk ones are actually quite good, especially when comparing them to other anime action figures. Which Guts statue are you thinking about getting? You could always get the Black Swordsman PVC ones too, if you don't want to shell out a ton for a resin.

deathbybears said:
I really appreciate the video. I'm a student and about as wealthy as a Nicaraguan bricklayer. I could never afford any of those statues, but your video gives me some perspective into the effects they create when displayed. It's perfect. *swoons*

LOL @ bricklayer. Well never say never. At least you got the cool brand tattoo! I wish I had the balls to get one myself.

Ramen4ever said:
Wow, that really was a great video. You have a beautiful collection DirectDK. :serpico:

Thanks Ramenlover!

ori said:
Your video has re-ignited my passion for berserk statue collecting. I was being good and saving money due to the economic crisis and X-mas presents that still need to be bought but that made me forget all about it. Such an awesome display man. My gf is going to kill me when I don't get her an itouch and get that statue I've always wanted. heh oh well. How could I resist with an awesome video like that!

HAHAH, oh man, your girlfriend is gonna hate me too. Don't blame it on me, ok? Hehe. Which statue is the statue you've always wanted??

DirectDK said:
HAHAH, oh man, your girlfriend is gonna hate me too. Don't blame it on me, ok? Hehe. Which statue is the statue you've always wanted??
[br]Nah won't blame you. She did see your vid and thought everything looked pretty sweet. I got her a bunch of other stuff anyways. She'll understand.

That statue I speak of is the famed Slan & Guts. I see it on ebay but I'm a little hesitant with getting it cuz the guy doesn't have the top styrofoam piece with it.... :schierke:

P.S. - get the balls to get the brand tattoed! I have it on my neck! Then and only then you can truly be one of us! :guts:

FOLKS, it's been some time, but I now present to you my latest! John did A TON of custom work on Roshinu to make her in her apostle form, and also kit bashed a figure to make Jill. Hope you like!!! And as always, there are more pictures on my site!

Roshinu: Custom Apostle with Jill and Diorama

theforest.jpg

Original Kit
roshinudefault.jpg

Pre-Kit Bash (Figure is Lucy Maria from To Heart)
wip_sizecomparison.jpg

wip_dressandhair.jpg

wip_roshinu_putty2.jpg

wip_sizecomparison2.jpg

wip_jilldress.jpg

wip_roshinu3.jpg

mangaforest.jpg

roshinujillfront.jpg

roshinujillside.jpg

roshinu452.jpg

roshinu45.jpg

roshinuback.jpg

jill1.jpg

jillside.jpg

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Holy hell man that's amazing! The faces are a bit off (Jill's in particular, her eyes look too far apart on jill1.jpg) but it's still amazing. Props to you and John for that one.

What a beauty!
just look at all these details on the tree, the custom base, ton of colors, that's an excellent idea to have recreated this scene, once again another magnificent work from John!.

Great stuff yet again!

Love the whole thing - especially the tree, the wings and the colours used - it captures the scene very well.

It's been a while since I've updated this thread, or my website for that matter. Just been really busy. :azan:

Anyways, I took some shots of my newest 2 kits, both busts, although most of these shots focus on the Zodd bust by Gill Gill. The wings were scratch built by John. Both busts stand about the same height, so they make a pretty cool set when put next to each other. I'm quite happy with the turnout!

Enjoy!

Wow! Love your site and the latest pics you put up!

I didn't even know Berserk statues existed until I was in Japan in November. I happened by a store in Akihabara with a big display of them and almost died from excitement. Once I got back to Canada I found your website and was crazy impressed! I have since started collecting them! Keep up the awsome work with the website!

Man, Zodd's bust is fucking awesome !!!
I really dig the custom base and the colors, the wings are a nice addition too, that's clearly THE best paint job that I saw on this kit !

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Both busts look great, but what really caught my eye was the custom job on the Grunbeld base with the fire crystals. Very cool stuff, Derek. I'm green with envy. :serpico:

turkitage

ターク
wow that is awesome. I normally don't like bust statues at all since i want to see the whole statue but zodd in the middle of transforming to his apostle form is just amazing! Plus the wings add more to the illusion that his apostle form is trying to fly away from his body form! I haven't seen this Zodd bust before but if it doesn't have wings in it then it's a shame, cause it really makes it so much better.

Of course the Grunbeld bust is really awesome as well as I've commented on the other thread you put him in.

I know people always say that his normal statue is too stiff, but that's the way he is! in the manga he is always standing straight up like he's got a stick up his... But, he is one of my favorites.

Top Bottom