Young Animal is planning something for Berserk on October 9th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
A special page has been set up on Young Animal's official website that teases a Berserk announcement on October 9th.

https://www.younganimal.com/berserk/special/

Berserk2020-NewBeginning.jpg

The date coincides with the release of Young Animal issue #20, which will likely announce the full news simultaneously with the website.

No idea what it is exactly, but they're calling it "The new beginning", which seems to imply it's big. Obviously my first guess/hope is that Miura's efforts to produce episodes at a faster pace are bearing fruit, but that's just a guess. It could also refer to the launch of a Japanese "deluxe edition" of the manga, to yet another anime adaptation, or to something else entirely.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Origin of Skull Knight light novel, let’s go!

Would you please not jinx this? :miura:

could this be the reason for duranki not releasing for a couple issues now?

I mean... maybe? It's hard to say. Duranki's hiatus could be the result of multiple things, this being one of them.

One of the possibilities that popped up in my head is that Berserk could be moved from Young Animal to Young Animal Zero. While it would be a real loss for YA, Berserk's releases have been sparse enough this past couple of years that it might not affect it all that much, and it would definitely bolster YA Zero. Furthermore it would fit Zero's editorial line, since it focuses on "fighting series". Being serialized in a bimonthly magazine would also make it easier for Berserk to appear in most issues given its current release pace.

The very real and dead serious downside to that however would be the fact we'd only ever get six releases per year at best, which I believe would make it difficult to properly finish the series in a reasonable amount of time. The one thing that could counterbalance that is to have longer episodes (say, 30 pages on average instead of 20), but that's speculating too far at this point. Might just be a new official Berserk website and merchandise store for all we know.

BiQ_

" ... "
Should we try to glean any importance/clues from the fact that all the little panels are Griffith/new Falcons/Glorious Falcon empire stuff?

Should we try to glean any importance/clues from the fact that all the little panels are Griffith/new Falcons/Glorious Falcon empire stuff?

If you go to the site, the panels around the announcement date change every few seconds to panels of other arcs and characters.

I'm just leaving this here.

Well... What I can say about that is that if it actually IS studio Orange, they'll at least do a better job than the Movies and the 2016/17 anime. (Judging from Beastars at least, which imo was a good adaptation, although not perfect)

Yep.
Orange is a great Studio, the absolute best for CG Anime, but I hope this is something for the Manga.

I checked Beastars and Houseki no Kuni and the Cg work seems quite good and fluid. If they did Berserk, character models and texture would be key, but in general Berserk is simply a different beast altogether.

I also hope it's something for the Manga, we will know soon

Oburi

All praise Grail
Its got to be some type of re-release, probably in deluxe edition format. At worst it's another anime adaptation. Still, it is curious. Makes me salivate for all the things I really want someday, like a new artbook.

Frogacuda

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
The very real and dead serious downside to that however would be the fact we'd only ever get six releases per year at best, which I believe would make it difficult to properly finish the series in a reasonable amount of time.
In this decade, we've never gotten more than 6 releases a year, and mostly far less. It's hard to see that as a huge setback.

How many chapters do you guess there are left at this point? 50?

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Well, when I first heard about this, in my news feed actually, I figured they were finally adapting the Black Swordsman Arc, but I'd much rather it be some comprehensive change to the schedule guaranteeing pace. Of course, it'll probably end up being some meaningless promotional bullshit for something useless. :shrug:

In this decade, we've never gotten more than 6 releases a year, and mostly far less. It's hard to see that as a huge setback.

How many chapters do you guess there are left at this point? 50?

I’m also going to agreed. I’ve not had to wait more than other members here. But even the possibility of six episodes a year makes me laugh. Of course, I see the point that with YA zero it would impossible for it to be more than six. But realistically, I don’t ever see it going beyond six in its current state. This is speaking from much less knowledge and experience than the admins here. I’ve only been reading since 2016. Just my hot take.

Best just to think like Griff and expect the worst. So there is less room for disappointment.

I just hope that it doesn’t end up being one of those “they shouldn’t have even made an announcement” cases. Where the final reveal would’ve been better off just being quietly rolled out instead.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom