Young Animal is planning something for Berserk on October 9th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
May not be able to go to the exhibit, but I (and many others) would've happily contributed to make it as big and successful as possible. It's the least we could do after all the quality Miura's given us. Not to mention all those glorious prizes :judo: but what can ya do?

I'm looking for workarounds. It's going to be complicated because the rewards will only be sent in March (five months after the campaign finishes), but I will let you guys know if I find a reliable way to participate.

Does anybody know if it's unusual to exclude foreign fans? Maybe that wasn't the intention, I have no idea how it works, and the motive is something else. What possible reason could there be to just use Japan-issued credit cards instead of Visa, I assume their credit cards also use Visa mostly or not?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Does anybody know if it's unusual to exclude foreign fans? Maybe that wasn't the intention, I have no idea how it works, and the motive is something else. What possible reason could there be to just use Japan-issued credit cards instead of Visa, I assume their credit cards also use Visa mostly or not?

It's not that they're willfully excluding foreign fans so much as they're just not going out of their way to include them. The crowdfunding website they're using does not accept foreign cards, which is still a common practice in Japan. The main reason for it is fraud prevention. While it made sense historically, I'm not sure it's still the case, but either way that's their call. As for not shipping overseas, I think it's just because they don't want to have to handle a hypothetical problem if someone's package is damaged during transit, such a thing. Again, perfectly reasonable from a certain perspective, but no less disappointing for us.

More generally, I imagine their reasoning is that this is an exhibition that takes place in Japan and therefore their main audience for it is the Japanese fan base.

It's not that they're willfully excluding foreign fans so much as they're just not going out of their way to include them. The crowdfunding website they're using does not accept foreign cards, which is still a common practice in Japan. The main reason for it is fraud prevention. While it made sense historically, I'm not sure it's still the case, but either way that's their call. As for not shipping overseas, I think it's just because they don't want to have to handle a hypothetical problem if someone's package is damaged during transit, such a thing. Again, perfectly reasonable from a certain perspective, but no less disappointing for us.

More generally, I imagine their reasoning is that this is an exhibition that takes place in Japan and therefore their main audience for it is the Japanese fan base.

Thanks, that makes it much clearer and sad for us...

Thanks, that makes it much clearer and sad for us...

Miura himself at least seems to be very aware of a Berserk fan base outside of Japan. With that said, it’s still understandable and not unprecedented for a Japanese based property to have these country exclusive events. I’m just glad that it doesn’t seem to be taking away from Miura producing new episodes. I know that there’s really no evidence of Miura becoming “distracted” by Berserk based side projects like anime, games or other manga. But I’ll take a new episode as an acceptable replacement for the event. The event almost feels like that 30th anniversary that never really happen last October. Even though I know the event isn’t happening till later.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
The crowdfunding campaign just passed the halfway mark thanks to three consecutive backers.

It is now at ¥5,019,277 (51% complete), supported by 140 people, with 19 days left. The most popular tiers are the ¥18,000 one (with 54 backers) and the ¥35,000 one (28 backers).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom