Young Animal No. 10 & No.18 Special Booklets Collected Paintings of Berserk: I & II

Hey Guys, I came across what appears to be special editions of Berserk art books published in Young animal. Does anyone know anything about these, when they were released, if they're legit, etc? Just looking for more information as I can't find anything about them and would love to get my hands on them.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
They're not artbooks, they were published in 2005 as supplements to Young Animal. Three were originally planned but only two were released. They were short leaflets regrouping some illustrations Miura had produced for the Berserk trading card game (published by Konami). You can probably find them on Yahoo Japan Auctions if you're patient.

They're not artbooks, they were published in 2005 as supplements to Young Animal. Three were originally planned but only two were released. They were short leaflets regrouping some illustrations Miura had produced for the Berserk trading card game (published by Konami). You can probably find them on Yahoo Japan Auctions if you're patient.

Thanks for the info! I couldn’t find anything about these. Judging by the fact they were published in 2005 I’m guessing they aren’t easy to come by and likely aren’t cheap. I’ll be keeping my eyes peeled for them though.

Last edited:

Atocas

Voice in the Void
Do you have any idea where one could find something like this?

You can probably find them on Yahoo Japan Auctions if you're patient.

Indeed, Yahoo Japan Auctions is usually the way to go for most oldschool Berserk merchandise. I personally use Buyee to shop there. https://buyee.jp/yahoo/auction

I've also seen some people buy rare Berserk collectibles via Facebook or ebay, but finding something there will cost you a lot of patience.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

It's the Hakusensha way — release something half-ass for free which fans would have paid decent money for if it were packaged as a proper artbook.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the info! I couldn’t find anything about these.

Did you check on this forum? Because we definitely posted about them back when they were first announced and released.

Well, you'd better find a way to get it though, there's cool stuff in it: a few phone cards will be distributed, and the "Collected Paintings of Berserk I" (out of 3) is featured as an appendix. It's composed of some of the illustrations Miura made himself for the TCG. (pictures: 01, 02, 03).
Special news to our YA subscribers: next issue (n°18) will have a coupon allowing the customers to apply for a special Puck & Ivalera Xmas figures set. There will also be a mini-artbook available (Collected Paintings of Berserk: II?).

Did you check on this forum? Because we definitely posted about them back when they were first announced and released.

Ah no I was just google searching, I didn’t even think to search through the forum. I’ll keep that in mind next time around!
Thanks for linking me to those threads! Now time to search for them in yahoo auctions. I love niche stuff like this, I just picked up the entire Berserk laser disc set recently and also grabbed the 1998 calendar last year.

Top Bottom