Your own Dragonslayer

Looks incredible. Apart from some minor things, that's almost perfect.

Now all you need is that guy to make you a Berserker Armor suit :beast:

WOW! I've been away from the boards for a few days so I just saw these pictures, and all I can say is CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!! That's one hell of a display piece. =)

[quote author="Chiba"]I'm eager to see what your Dragonslayer will look like. Any estimation when it will be done?
[/quote]

First step is done...

dsc00285qe5.jpg

... but i didn't find the fiberglass i need yet, i just found pieces of 1m²... not enough, i need more.
Work in progress, i'll continue as soon as i find the fiberglass i need.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Donald Shimoda said:
Awesome Dragon Slayer Replica, does the Smith who made it have an email address you could give us/me? I have a few questions that I would like to ask him.

Read the thread, he already posted the website's URL. You can find all the contact information you need there.

http://schwertschmied.at

JIN

Yudanero...
:judo: sniff, I told myself I wasn't going to cry. It's a beautiful union. You two make a great couple! Enjoy your honeymoon! =D

AnimeGoddess said:
Yeah I was wondering that myself :guts: I'm willing to pay a hell of a price if I can get one of these made.

Yeah I can swing what Chiba paid.......as long as shipping isn't ASTRONOMICAL. I wonder if we should look into a group order? or maybe try and source a similiar style smith in the states.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Maiku said:
or maybe try and source a similiar style smith in the states.

You should do that, better in any way I can think of. I'm guessing International shipping would be around $500 given the size and weight, and I'm optimistic.

Chiba

Proud owner of a Dragonslayer
I finally found some free time and made some more pics this weekend. They can all be viewed here: http://alieneye.net/pub/berserk/dragonslayer.

As for more information on the smith, I recommend to check out his website. If you need help with translating some of the text I can do that for you.

Shipping costs and customs duty (don't forget that) would probably exceed $500 by far, plus I'm not sure if he would make another one. He might prefer to make unique pieces like the sculpt painters do.
But don't take this too serious, it's just an assumption. He has to make a living of his job after all. ;)
However, I recommend looking for a smith near you first, if you don't want to pay double the price.

EndLeSS8 said:
Looks incredible. Apart from some minor things, that's almost perfect.

Now all you need is that guy to make you a Berserker Armor suit :beast:

First I'll get the sword Guts used when he was a member of the Hawks. I'm not sure if this smith is even making armor suits. :)

Infected_Guili said:
First step is done...

dsc00285qe5.jpg

... but i didn't find the fiberglass i need yet, i just found pieces of 1m²... not enough, i need more.
Work in progress, i'll continue as soon as i find the fiberglass i need.

Looks good! Hurry up, I want to see what it looks like when it's done. :guts:
Don't forget to keep us posted about any news.

And now a little outcry for help to all you Photoshoppers on the forum: I have a pic where I would like to cut out the Dragonslayer to put it on another background for a signature. I'd highly appreciate any help with that. :serpico:

Edit: I promised to give you some measures and almost forgot that now.
The whole sword is 215cm tall, the blade itself is 170cm, the hilt is 45cm long.
At the top it's 29cm and at the bottom 38cm wide.
The blade is about 3cm thick at the thickest part (that's maybe a bit too thin).
During the cleaning session this weekend we also weighed it. It weighs about 20kg. Actually it seems a lot more when you try to carry it and we only had our bathroom scales to weigh it, so this might be a bit off.
If there's anything else you'd like to know, feel free to ask. ;)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the additional pictures and the measurements. I see what you were talking about concerning the little default on the hilt. It's too bad but nothing major at this point I guess, the sword is still incredible. About the weight I'd recommend you to try something other than your bathroom scale as it might very well be inaccurate. These are made to weigh humans standing on 2 feet, not big and pointy pieces of metal. You can also PM me the picture you want tweaked, I'll do it if nobody else proposes to.

Aazealh said:
Thanks for the additional pictures and the measurements. I see what you were talking about concerning the little default on the hilt. It's too bad but nothing major at this point I guess, the sword is still incredible. About the weight I'd recommend you to try something other than your bathroom scale as it might very well be inaccurate. These are made to weigh humans standing on 2 feet, not big and pointy pieces of metal. You can also PM me the picture you want tweaked, I'll do it if nobody else proposes to.

Best thing to do with the bathroom scale. Weigh yourself no DS. Weigh yourself holding the DS vertical to your body subtract the difference.

Chiba

Proud owner of a Dragonslayer
Maiku said:
Best thing to do with the bathroom scale. Weigh yourself no DS. Weigh yourself holding the DS vertical to your body subtract the difference.

That's a good idea. Haven't thought of that yet. :serpico:

I considered asking a local forge about this sort of thing a while back, but went against the idea when I put thought into the weight and expense - I think I'd rather have a replica of one of Guts' earlier swords, then I'd actually be able to LIFT the damned thing.

In the end, I decided to settle for a DS-scale cricket bat instead, because there are no laws against that :guts:

de99ial

de99ial
It is really breath sticking.

I wonder - you can fight with that? By "fight" i mean fighting with other person with weapon not willing to draw.

EDIT

I got one more question - is it empty inside?

It's popped up before, but here's another one! Doesn't look too shabby. =P Shipping must be horrendous...

http://page10.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/m42954079

bar_code_battler-img600x432-1175429884dra1.jpg

bar_code_battler-img264x600-1175429890dra2.jpg

bar_code_battler-img600x467-1175429899dra3.jpg

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, JIN showed it to me yesterday. The shipping fee is sure to be ridiculous, but that's still a nice piece even after all these years.

I've of course heard about the tuned blade version several times over the years. What material is it and does anyone know how heavy it is?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Maiku said:
What material is it and does anyone know how heavy it is?

The search feature man, use the search feature. :griff:

It's roughly 25 lbs (11.3 kg) as estimated by JIN, and it's made in resin (not the kind statues are made of, obviously). It's also hollow.

Aazealh said:
The search feature man, use the search feature. :griff:

It's roughly 25 lbs (11.3 kg) as estimated by JIN, and it's made in resin (not the kind statues are made of, obviously). It's also hollow.

:???: Hmmm when I searched I couldn't find the weight. It also said it was resin which didn't sound right. (though it was)

Thanks I knew you'd come through :serpico:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Maiku said:
It also said it was resin which didn't sound right. (though it was)

Well, "resin" is just a simple term for it that everybody can understand. In fact it's a type of fiber-reinforced polymer, a composite material. But outside of plasturgy experts like me (:troll:) I doubt that means much to anyone. And actually I think I already said so once in the past. The Search Engine is not pleased.

Just an FYI if anyone was interested in this Masato got a shipping quote from DHL of approximately $500. (It is too big for EMS)

I'm passing so have at it! :void:

Top Bottom