Your plans for the future

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
I dont know anymore. My health collapsed and Im no longer seeing or feeling myself and the world the same as before. Ive experienced powerful panic attack and Im trying to understand what is wrong in my body

Wow. Maybe a case of long Covid? Take care of yourself, health is everything. You need to focus on yourself until you get better. And get help from medical professionals if you can afford it!

Im ordered by doctor to do test for antibodies so Ill know soon, maybe it was Covid indeed, maybe some anxiety disorder, I hope nothing bad is coming for me from this. Ill be trying to get help as much as I can, family is very helpful too because the attack caused so much confusion that I wasnt able to get into car, or just do anything I was doing before this.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Im ordered by doctor to do test for antibodies so Ill know soon, maybe it was Covid indeed, maybe some anxiety disorder, I hope nothing bad is coming for me from this.

In any case it's better to test and make sure than remain in the dark, because not knowing never prevents something from happening. Hopefully you'll be able to get better quickly!

Ill be trying to get help as much as I can, family is very helpful too

That's great to hear! I hope despite your current condition you'll be able to enjoy the holidays.

Way to go bro. Looking forward to you becoming a partner there.
thumbup.gif
Baby steps ^_^

My entire division was moved into a section within the tax division of the company that's also client facing, with the goal of using our methods/ processes as a product they can go to market with in the near future. Quite interesting and not sure how they'll accomplish that, but hey, sure I guess! Last year, I onboarded as a Contractor because I was joining at a Senior level (non-Manager/ Director). The good that came out of this internal corporate shift was them, just a few weeks ago, onboarding me as a full-time permanent employee with a slight pay bump. Their tax practice did not allow for Contractors to be on payroll, and they had to let some folks go because of that reason. I accepted the offer because it also meant I now had access to their benefits and paid leave.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Last year, I onboarded as a Contractor because I was joining at a Senior level (non-Manager/ Director). The good that came out of this internal corporate shift was them, just a few weeks ago, onboarding me as a full-time permanent employee with a slight pay bump. Their tax practice did not allow for Contractors to be on payroll, and they had to let some folks go because of that reason. I accepted the offer because it also meant I now had access to their benefits and paid leave.

Congrats!

Looking at everyone's future plans, and seeing many people achieve their goals, I feel very happy.All I had planned for my life was work. To be honest, I was terrified of marriage.My family of origin is a stepfamily, and my parents often argue, which makes me tired.I had bad memories of men as a child and failed attempts to date my peers as an adult.
I want to learn to love myself more in the future. I make a home for myself.

Looking at everyone's future plans, and seeing many people achieve their goals, I feel very happy.All I had planned for my life was work. To be honest, I was terrified of marriage.My family of origin is a stepfamily, and my parents often argue, which makes me tired.I had bad memories of men as a child and failed attempts to date my peers as an adult.
I want to learn to love myself more in the future. I make a home for myself.
yeah, gotta build your own identity, not care what people think of you, it takes time but you can do it!

Beelzebud

[...] Into the abyss will I run [...]
I think that now it's a good time to revive this thread, we all are living a (bad)historic period with that pandemic. It's a time for care to the present, and think on the future.

I have read all posts, and it's fun to see how that looks like a time capsule, so i will tell my plans too:

Short term:

I'm 24 yo now, my first son is about to birth(probably in november), and i'm very anxious for that, so i'm renovating all my apartment, and switch my guest room to a mix of baby bedroom/office, since i'm working remotely now because of the quarantine, and planning to still be on home office after that all.
I'm saving some money, and improving my skill of financial investiment, so in a few year i expect to see that money multiplied.

Long term:

I expect to be a senior iOS Engineer(now i'm a mobile developer specialized in iOS), and get enough money to get off of Brazil*, to get descent life, before it ruins itself, maybe i will go to New Zealand(Australia is my second option), i like Wellington too much, and i wish that i can bring all my family together with me, maybe some friends will come, since that's a plan for them too. If i move or no from Brazil, i expect that i can enjoy all my savings and investments and be on a nice house, with one of my dreams car, and with a really geek room with many comics, mangas, action figures, books, posters, and a PC good enough to play brand new games, and teach my children all that good stuffs.

*(people that don't live here, usually think that i'm crazy to want to leave that 'paradise country' but the reality of my country shame me, and I ended up giving up of my hope that it will any day be better)

Thats a very optimistic plan, in reality i think that i will probably stay in Brazil, sunk in debt, but happy with my son and wife, and conformed paying 40% of all my salary on taxes and fees just for politicians steal that money and realize my plans themselves. :shrug:
Well, that really works like a time capsule, almost two year later I have said my plans here, and now I'm finally out of Brazil with my wife and son, but not to the place I firstly planned. We are now in Lisbon - Portugal for exactly 40 days(Hello European neighbors!), all my savings that I get working remotely were spent because of the great inflation on Brazil, but fortunately I had some property and goods that I could sell to help me moving to Lisbon, and as I'm a software engineer, the company helped me a lot with the travel and my first days here. It wasn't exactly the better moment for my work area, and not the better moment for all the world itself, but in Brazil the things are worse now.

It's very stark difference of how good we can live and acquire here, compared to Brazil, less than two months and we are living better than there, but there are a real sadness from being far away from our family and friends(hope we can pass trough that) but we had on mind that this is the better for our son to live in a secure country with good education and opportunities.

It was a good step to the future, and for now an just want to be established here, and to enjoy all that I have access here, no big plans, just want to succeed in making my family happy, my wife is more addicted to the family than I, so she is more sad than me(if any of you had advices, I'm open to how to deal with such a great change in life)

But is amazing how we all fell to being more close to the "center of the world", Brazil is very civilized and advanced in many aspects, but Europe is really were our civilization had born, there much history here, and we are very close to many historically important countries, that's really cool. Hope to get better access to Berserk things, or any other media that I like. Such great change, in a way, helped me to surpass our great loss, maybe I could keep my mind busy and not think that we will never see the true end of Guts journey, and maybe the continuation by More helped too, it some way "diluted" the feeling of being without my favorite story.

I'll be back here in time to tell my future plans again, hope to hear more from you all, and how your past plans are going

Top Bottom