Who will be the first to die among Griffith's lieutenants?

Which one will be the first to go?

• Grunbeld

Votes: 27 56.3%
  • Locus

Votes: 8 16.7%
  • Irvine

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Rakshas

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Zodd

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Two or more will die at once.

Votes: 6 12.5%

• Total voters

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
We've talked about this in the past, but never had a poll. Who do you think will first get what's coming to him? Who will do the deed, and how? Who will be the second or third? Don't hesitate to expose and develop your thoughts on the matter. :zodd:

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
I'm predicting Rakshas will be the first to go (sorry Handsome :rakshas:). My guess is we'll see his apostle form for the first time during said final battle, too.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Rhombaad said:
I'm predicting Rakshas will be the first to go (sorry Handsome :rakshas:). My guess is we'll see his apostle form for the first time during said final battle, too.

Really? Interesting. Since we know so little of him, I don't really expect him to be the first. But it makes sense in a way, and it wouldn't be unprecedented (I mean I've already seen similar things in other stories). Still, I'd be sad if we didn't get to see more of him than just one fight.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Aazealh said:
Really? Interesting. Since we know so little of him, I don't really expect him to be the first. But it makes sense in a way, and it wouldn't be unprecedented (I mean I've already seen similar things in other stories). Still, I'd be sad if we didn't get to see more of him than just one fight.

Only time will tell. :void:

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
I voted for Irvine, although we just recently saw his apostle form. I just thought he might not have such luck and if Sonia keeps riding with him, might interrupt him from battle and find his demise.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Th3Branded0ne said:
I just thought he might not have such luck and if Sonia keeps riding with him, might interrupt him from battle and find his demise.

Hahaha, are you serious? That's just ridiculous. No way Miura would have him die like that. It'd just be bad. Like, Sonia distracts him and he's killed? Come on...

Interesting question...
I would hesitate between Grunbeld or Locus,the first one already fought Guts in the past, so I think that he would be the first one to cross Guts road and try to get his revenge.
It's really not easy to predict, knowing Miura!.

I voted Grunbeld because I think he's very prideful as seen in the battle with Guts in volumes 26-27. Among them I think he's the most deserving of death right now :azan:

But I know that's not really a good enough reason, so my real vote is because it seems to me that we have seen a lot of Grunbeld versus the other apostles who still have much to show. The others have many enigmas and mysteries around them, where we already know Grunbeld's past, apostle form, motivations, on and on... But someone like Locus and especailly Rakshas are still very mysterious to us...

Anyway, that's my vote.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Kalie Ma said:
where we already know Grunbeld's past, apostle form, motivations, on and on...

I wouldn't say that we know much about his past or even his motivations past just being an apostle that serves Griffith. If anything I'd like to be told more about that sometime in the future.

I voted for Irvine because as far as I remember he only fights from a distance and I'm not sure how he would do on close combat. He's always been a hunter but for some reason I'm under the impression that he seems to rely on being furtive and that may not be very effective fighting Guts, specially if there is somebody in his party with the ability to detect him even if he's hiding.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
m said:
I voted for Irvine because as far as I remember he only fights from a distance and I'm not sure how he would do on close combat. He's always been a hunter but for some reason I'm under the impression that he seems to rely on being furtive and that may not be very effective fighting Guts, specially if there is somebody in his party with the ability to detect him even if he's hiding.

The question is, would Guts or any of the group be able to get within close combat range before getting hairrowed. :SK:

Rhombaad said:
The question is, would Guts or any of the group be able to get within close combat range before getting hairrowed. :SK:

What if in addition of having a good fighter in close combat and somebody capable to detect somebody who's hiding, they had somebody who could deflect projectiles somehow, like with wind? :carcus:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
m said:
What if in addition of having a good fighter in close combat and somebody capable to detect somebody who's hiding, they had somebody who could deflect projectiles somehow, like with wind? :carcus:

The problem is that Irvine can shoot arrows from far, far away. And that he shoots many at once. Powerfully enough to decapitate armored soldiers. So I don't think it'll be as simple as Serpico deflecting them with his cloak, though I'm sure his control over the wind will help one way or another. :zodd:

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Aazealh said:
The problem is that Irvine can shoot arrows from far, far away. And that he shoots many at once. Powerfully enough to decapitate armored soldiers. So I don't think it'll be as simple as Serpico deflecting them with his cloak, though I'm sure his control over the wind will help one way or another. :zodd:

It'd make for an interesting match, that's for sure. Here's hoping they meet up at some point.

Not to mention that an arrow to the face at point blank range would be even /more/ devastating than one at distance (though Irvine doesn't seem to have that distance=less penetration power problem, really) - not to mention much harder to dodge.

X

Xem

I voted for Irvine as well, though it was a close call with Locus. I made my decision on the basis that Irvine seems most likely to sacrifice himself in order for the people around him to survive... and he doesn't strike me as quite as powerful as the others.

Ironically enough though, he's one of my favorite members of the new Band of the Hawk.

Aazealh said:

Oddly enough, I wasn't thinking about his cloak but his sword, which as you know is capable of cutting through trolls at a distance. My crazy idea was having him swinging his sword to stop whatever Irvine throws at the group. I was thinking that one swing could perhaps be able to destroy more than one projectile at once.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
m said:
Oddly enough, I wasn't thinking about his cloak but his sword, which as you know is capable of cutting through trolls at a distance. My crazy idea was having him swinging his sword to stop whatever Irvine throws at the group. I was thinking that one swing could perhaps be able to destroy more than one projectile at once.

I see. It could work (and I've always thought Serpico would play an important role in that fight if it were to occur anyway), but I still don't think it'll be as simple as that. Kind of like the time he managed to block Ganishka's lightning. Did it once, but couldn't have withstood more. If it happens like that, it'll surely be a great ordeal for him to deflect Irvine's attacks.

S

smoke

I don't really see the apostles dying off one by one, so my vote when for "Two or more".

I'm having a hard time picturing a scenario where they would be seperated and dying off (given the storyline as it stands now).

And I don't mean that two will be killed simultaneously, within the same frame or something. But during the same chapter or something? Yeah, prolly.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
smoke said:
I'm having a hard time picturing a scenario where they would be seperated and dying off (given the storyline as it stands now).
I'd say things are setting up to be the opposite actually. After the war, peace will probably cause Griffith's forces to spread out to get some autonomy amongst themselves. And at that point, Guts and Co. would hunt them down one by one :rakshas:

Jarome

The Destroyer Of Worlds
Walter said:
I'd say things are setting up to be the opposite actually. After the war, peace will probably cause Griffith's forces to spread out to get some autonomy amongst themselves. And at that point, Guts and Co. would hunt them down one by one :rakshas:
Not exactly my thoughts Walter. The possibility that they'll leave Guts & Co hunt them one by one doesn't quite get into my mind. :???:

It wouldn't make sense because these apostles are very strong for sure and they have lived for many more years than humans would. They have obtained a sense of awareness and they cannot be tricked by Guts' group and die by un-original "hunt for the heads of the lieutenants 'till Zodd" (because he's most likely the strongest apostle aside the God Hands).

This isn't how Miura has brought up any epic battles or in terms of plotline, Berserk isn't the "usual shounen" manga-type, this is a serious adult seinen, this isn't Naruto/Bleach.

So it ain't hard to tell that my vote went for "two or more" and my guess would be Grunbeld + Irvine (Serpico serving an arrow decoy or something would be great) :serpico:

I just can't wait 'till we get to see how Miura's gonna bring the fall of the lieutenants of the new Band of the Hawk.​

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
It wouldn't make sense because these apostles are very strong for sure and they have lived for many more years than humans would. They have obtained a sense of awareness and they cannot be tricked by Guts' group and die by un-original "hunt for the heads of the lieutenants 'till Zodd" (because he's most likely the strongest apostle aside the God Hands).
But I think it's your specific portrayal here that's cheesy and unoriginal. You must not have a very vivid imagination if you think it has to play out "just like" a shounen series. I just said that I think at some point, Guts and Co. would begin seeking out apostles, and a good way to go about that is to try to take them out one by one.  Anyway, I'm not completely sold on the idea either, which is why i didn't expound on it further. It's just a thought, but it's not without precedent. See below...

This isn't how Miura has brought up any epic battles or in terms of plotline, Berserk isn't the "usual shounen" manga-type, this is a serious adult seinen, this isn't Naruto/Bleach.
So volumes 1-3; 14-17 are too shounen as well, then? You know, when Guts was hunting apostles down one by one?  :schierke:

Jarome

The Destroyer Of Worlds
Walter said:
But I think it's your specific portrayal here that's cheesy and unoriginal. You must not have a very vivid imagination if you think it has to play out "just like" a shounen series.
I was tryin' to say that it won't be played out as a shounen series, there will be no "hunt" of such strong apostles, they are the beasts, they are the one tracking. Sorry if I didn't made myself clear enough about this...

So volumes 1-3; 14-17 are too shounen as well, then? You know, when Guts was hunting apostles down one by one? :schierke:
These apostles somehow knew they were being tracked at one point and they were careless, kept underestimating Guts and they are clearly not strong/intelligent as the lieutenants of the Band of the Hawk. :rakshas:

Anyway... we're only speculating, nobody knows how it'll all happen aside :miura:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Jarome said:
These apostles somehow knew they were being tracked at one point and they were careless, kept underestimating Guts and they are clearly not strong/intelligent as the lieutenants of the Band of the Hawk. :rakshas:
Again, you seem to be forgetting things that have already happened... Where was Grunbeld's superior strength and intelligence when he underestimated Guts and nearly got himself killed?
beastgrin2.gif

X

Xem

I'm surprised Grunbeld is winning this, he seems like one of the most powerful apostles we've ever seen. Is it because Guts has shown he's capable of hurting him?

I'm also surprised that most people seem to assume that Guts or one of his new companions will be the one's killing them, who's to say they won't die by another means? There's still a lot of story to go through before Guts even returns from Elfhelm and knowing Miura anything could happen in that time. Skull Knight, anyone? Hell, Ganishka isn't even dead yet, and he's fully capable. I once theorized that one of them would die, or at least be severely injured, in this fight. Though it doesn't look quite as likely anymore it's still totally possible.

Top Bottom