Anybody use Steam?

Anyone use Steam? I've been playing Left 4 Dead like a wild man as of the last couple weeks. Post your Steam names here. Mine is "deathbybears". Add me!

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I'm galil_white on Steam. I picked it as a joke in 2004. I didn't know it'd be my permanent name for the next eternity, and how awesome Steam would become in that time. I'm obsessed with it man, I check it daily for game deals, since they often do insane things on the weekends.

I mostly play Call of Duty, World at War, but I also use Steam as a front-end for every game I end up playing, so you'll see what I'm doing :badbone: Right now, Im playing through Doom, Doom 2 and Quake. But t his weekend, I'll be playing through BRAID as its going to get released this afternoon.

There's no doubt in my mind that I've bought more games per capita through Steam than any other period in my life, all thanks to their whole "download whenever you want ... FOREVER" mentality and their great sales deals.

Voyevoda

Breathe and Start
I too think Steam has developed well over the years. The european price-conversion debacle (I wish they'd use the real exchange rate...) is off-putting however :sad:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Weekend deal is 50% off the complete Peggle package (Peggle Deluxe and Peggle Nights), for $10. I'd buy if it I didn't already have them...

Dani

Smile!
Walter said:
I'd buy if it I didn't already have them...

Steam deals are great, the amount of times I have heard folks say this exact phrase. Heh.

If you live in Europe, not recommended for anyone not, try this site;

http://g2play.pl/

I have bought the Orange Box from there, dirt cheap, they give you a code to activate on Steam, works perfectly.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like Braid got pushed back again... to tomorrow. No big deal, except this is now the third delay for the game. It was originally slated for mid-March. Then Yesterday. Then today. Now tomorrow.  :mozgus:

Dani

Smile!
Walter said:
Looks like Braid got pushed back again... to tomorrow. No big deal, except this is now the third delay for the game. It was originally slated for mid-March. Then Yesterday. Then today. Now tomorrow. :mozgus:

Is it still a bit more expensive than the XBLA version?

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Orange Box is $9.99 right now on Steam! Just picked up! Also sorry about not answering you Deathbybears. I was probably sleeping!

Anyways, got into a pick up group of Japanese guys and we just molested this poor group. beat them 4k+ to 38 on Dead Air.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
SaiyajinNoOuji said:
Orange Box is $9.99 right now on Steam! Just picked up! Also sorry about not answering you Deathbybears. I was probably sleeping!

Anyways, got into a pick up group of Japanese guys and we just molested this poor group. beat them 4k+ to 38  on Dead Air.
I tried to buy the Orange Box for friends who didn't own it. Turns out they all owned it... Except Griff who wasn't interested.  :sad:

I look forward to these weekend deals, and I have to say, while this was indeed a great value, it's not a very exciting deal -- seeing as how most of the people that are aware of Steam weekend deals have already owned The Orange Box for the past 1.5 years.

I need to make a thread for digital distribution sales, since my nose is usually right at their door, smelling the savings from a mile away. Right now on GamersGate.com Space Siege is just $5. I got it, even though I doubt Ill ever play it all the way through =). Can't resist those crazy sales!

Top Bottom