Author Topic: Digitally Distributed PC games ON SALE Thread  (Read 83697 times)

Offline Skeleton

• Falconian
  • Of the Nexus
Re: Digitally Distributed PC games ON SALE Thread
« Reply #325 on: September 16, 2015, 03:54:47 AM »
I just found out Steam is giving away Amnesia: The Dark Descent for free until 10am (Pacific) on Wednesday.  My quest to find the Ultimate Strong One of horror games lives on!     :zodd:

Offline TheAlmightyLoli

« Reply #326 on: September 16, 2015, 10:44:11 AM »
I just found out Steam is giving away Amnesia: The Dark Descent for free until 10am (Pacific) on Wednesday.  My quest to find the Ultimate Strong One of horror games lives on!     :zodd:

Oh shit, seriously?
I must alert the townsfolk!

Online Griffith

• The Millennium Falcon
  • Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
  • My posts are better.
« Reply #327 on: December 19, 2018, 07:44:05 PM »
GTA4 is basically free today if you have Amazon Prime. You gotta sign up for a free trial of Twitch Prime through your Amazon account, link it, and then buy GTA4 from Amazon (specifically Amazon, not other vendors on there) and you'll get a $15 credit on your $14.99 purchase. Just ordered one for PS4, so I guess I'll finally be playing it.

This url has all the links if you're not sure about the process (as I wasn't):

https://kinjadeals.theinventory.com/if-you-have-amazon-prime-gta-v-is-basically-free-for-p-1831201145#cxrecs_s

It's still kinda tricky because even if you sign up through Amazon it'll funnel you to a Twitch login but you still need to do a separate Twitch sign up, etc.

Offline Walter

• 賢者
  • Administrator
  • Of the Abyss
  • Chapter ≠ Episode
« Reply #328 on: December 19, 2018, 07:51:02 PM »
GTA4 is basically free today if you have Amazon Prime. You gotta sign up for a free trial of Twitch Prime through your Amazon account, link it, and then buy GTA4 from Amazon (specifically Amazon, not other vendors on there) and you'll get a $15 credit on your $14.99 purchase. Just ordered one for PS4, so I guess I'll finally be playing it.

Oh wow, thanks. Snagged it. BTW linking to Twitch Prime is a good idea in general, if you already have Prime. They give away several games each month for free.

Offline Username has been taken

• Of the Interstice
  • My post our worse
« Reply #329 on: February 07, 2019, 02:27:31 PM »
There are tons of games on sale right now on steam until February 11 im getting the Witcher 3 game of the year edition for 14.99 and maybe Rainbow Six Siege for 9.99 also there is a deal of getting 5 dollars off a 30 dollar or higher purchase.
bang

Offline Johnstantine

• Of the Vortex
  • Skibbidy Boo Bop
« Reply #330 on: February 07, 2019, 09:17:57 PM »
im getting the Witcher 3

I have tried so incredibly hard to get into this game, but for the life of me I cannot get past like 20 hours of gameplay.

Online Griffith

• The Millennium Falcon
  • Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
  • My posts are better.
« Reply #331 on: February 08, 2019, 03:22:15 PM »
I'm tempted yet again to get that last Tomb Raider for half off, especially so I have something to play in the PC room (totally regret not getting RE2 on PC for that reason and will now only buy PS4 exclusives on PS4... at least until I see how Sekiro runs on my rig =).

I have tried so incredibly hard to get into this game, but for the life of me I cannot get past like 20 hours of gameplay.

That's more than the 45 minutes I gave it! To be fair, the game probably only actually let me play for 10 minutes and it was shitty tutorials, so there's lots of blame to go around. I mean, if you have to put in 20 hours just to get into a game, is it your fault? Resident Evil 7 was one of my favorite games last year, and I think I played it for 12 hours. It took me 11 hours to beat Bioshock Infinite yet it loomed plenty large. I love a game I can get lost in for a hundred hours as much as the next guy, but if it's NOT that game for me I'd much prefer an economical 10-20 hour campaign and then I can decide if I want to go crazy and play it forever. I've put at least 25 hours into the new RE2, but spread across various campaigns.

• Of the Interstice
  • My post our worse
« Reply #332 on: February 08, 2019, 03:42:15 PM »
(totally regret not getting RE2 on PC for that reason and will only buy PS4 exclusives on PS4

I'm thinking about doing that as well Mainly because Pc has a lot of deals for games and can run those games better; I kinda wish exclusives weren't a thing I want to play the last of us 2/uncharted 4 with maxed out settings :judo:

That's more than the 45 minutes I gave it! To be fair, the game probably only actually let me play for 10 minutes and it was shitty tutorials, so there's lots of blame to go around. I mean, if you have to put in 20 hours just to get into a game,

Well, I hope cyberpunk 2077 doesn't give you guys a bad experience as the Witcher 3 did.
bang

Offline Johnstantine

• Of the Vortex
  • Skibbidy Boo Bop
« Reply #333 on: February 09, 2019, 07:22:16 PM »
That's more than the 45 minutes I gave it! To be fair, the game probably only actually let me play for 10 minutes and it was shitty tutorials, so there's lots of blame to go around. I mean, if you have to put in 20 hours just to get into a game, is it your fault? Resident Evil 7 was one of my favorite games last year, and I think I played it for 12 hours. It took me 11 hours to beat Bioshock Infinite yet it loomed plenty large. I love a game I can get lost in for a hundred hours as much as the next guy, but if it's NOT that game for me I'd much prefer an economical 10-20 hour campaign and then I can decide if I want to go crazy and play it forever. I've put at least 25 hours into the new RE2, but spread across various campaigns.

At the time, I didn't have anything else on my radar so I decided to give it more than my usual allotment. The combat was weak, but I was interested in the story. All of the sudden, though, I just stopped caring.

• Of the Interstice
  • My post our worse
« Reply #334 on: February 11, 2019, 01:03:01 PM »
Decided not to get Witcher 3 instead I got Max Payne 3, and Rainbow six siege standard edition. Also, the deal might still be going on for a short while so to those that have not got anything yet you still have an opening.
bang

Offline MiyamotoPuck

« Reply #335 on: February 12, 2019, 05:03:15 PM »
Decided not to get Witcher 3 instead I got Max Payne 3, and Rainbow six siege standard edition.
:rickert:
The Witcher 3 represents probably a far better experience.

• Of the Interstice
  • My post our worse
« Reply #336 on: February 13, 2019, 05:38:25 PM »
:rickert:
The Witcher 3 represents probably a far better experience.
Maybe Ill get it on spring sale's
bang

Offline Walter

• 賢者
  • Administrator
  • Of the Abyss
  • Chapter ≠ Episode
« Reply #337 on: February 13, 2019, 05:51:42 PM »
PS4 owners: A bunch of Ubi games on sale digitally on Sony's store: https://store.playstation.com/en-us/grid/STORE-MSF77008-UBIPUBSALE/1

Including: AC Origins for $25, Odyssey for $35, and Ezio Collection for $15 (Griff!)