Episode 304

So the Beherit Sword might be useless against the God Hand, and here I thought that maybe in the future Guts would have to utilize it to defeat the God Hand. (Much like a zelda game.)

Very interesting indeed. So, Skully indirectly opened up...the age of darkness, with ironically, light? IS skully kicking himself, is Femto just as astounded of whats going on?

Aazealh said:
Well other than SK's intervention, this is what we'd been expecting all along, isn't it? At least it's what I had been expecting. Ganishka exploded/expanded and the power he had brought back from the abyss of the evil world was released into the world, changing it into a new one. I'm pretty sure if you search a bit you'll find discussions mentioning this exact same thing from a year ago.

That's true. I think I didn't represent myself well. I meant more along the lines of the conclusion of Skull Knight's attack. I was kind of hoping he would've injured, killed, or maimed Femto in some way, but it definitely didn't turn out that way, eh? :ganishka:

Only an infidel would have believed that. Shame on you. :mozgus:

It was my one moment of weakness. In my darkest hour, I doubted Miura. Please forgive me? :judo:

My eyes are horrible so I apologize if this is a silly question, but is that Daiba flying around Ganishka's body on page 9 and 10-11? :daiba:

Abul-Abbas said:
My eyes are horrible so I apologize if this is a silly question, but is that Daiba flying around Ganishka's body on page 9 and 10-11? :daiba:
Man I missed that the first time. Good eye.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Death May Die said:
So the Beherit Sword might be useless against the God Hand, and here I thought that maybe in the future Guts would have to utilize it to defeat the God Hand. (Much like a zelda game.)

Much like a Zelda game? Is that really what you expected? :schierke: Besides it's SK's technique, why and how would Guts use it?

Death May Die said:
Very interesting indeed. So, Skully indirectly opened up...the age of darkness, with ironically, light? IS skully kicking himself, is Femto just as astounded of whats going on?

Femto pretty much says he had been waiting for him on page 03.

Abul-Abbas said:
That's true. I think I didn't represent myself well. I meant more along the lines of the conclusion of Skull Knight's attack. I was kind of hoping he would've injured, killed, or maimed Femto in some way, but it definitely didn't turn out that way, eh? :ganishka:

Oh, well as much as I like SK, I can't say I expected him to kill Femto, really. But yeah, a little scar would have been nice. Maybe next time! :SK:

Abul-Abbas said:
It was my one moment of weakness. In my darkest hour, I doubted Miura. Please forgive me? :judo:

NO. :mozgus:

Abul-Abbas said:

Yes, it's him.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Pusz said:
Skully will give a country to Griffith. Why he did it? :judo:

Well, it's not like he knew Femto would manipulate space/time to direct the strike into Ganishka. All lies within the causal current. :void:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Pusz said:
Skully will give a country to Griffith. Why he did it? :judo:
With Femto admitting he knew Sk would appear, it's really a question of whether or not the new world could have been achieved WITHOUT SK's intervention. Femto was certainly doing ... something to Ganishka in 302. I tend to think SK wasn't necessarily needed, but inadvertantly aided.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Rhombaad said:
Nice avatar upgrade, Aaz, the SK is back!

Thanks! :SK:

By the way guys, just a side note, but it's not the first time we hear about the "junction of times". Ubik uses the same word after SK saves Guts and Casca during the Occultation ceremony, and so does SK when he warns Guts about the Incarnation to come at the end of volume 18, in episode 142.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Aazealh said:
By the way guys, just a side note, but it's not the first time we hear about the "junction of times". Ubik uses the same word after SK saves Guts and Casca during the Occultation ceremony, and so does SK when he warns Guts about the Incarnation to come at the end of volume 18, in episode 142.

I thought it sounded familiar.  Thanks for the reminder. :guts:

Daijyashin

Berserk is Divine and Human
It looks like SK is acting the Idea's plot. :idea:

Femto used him..and he has revealed his true power against the most supposed dangerous weapon for the god hand.(As I said earlier in the previous topic, Griffith has to apologize with Zodd for the frighten since he didn't told him nothing about the appearance of his dear bald friend). :griffnotevil:

At this rate if SK is a badass enough, he may try(IMO) to use Guts to beat down somehow Femto or God Hand.

Anyway awesome episode!!! :SK:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Marik said:
It looks like SK is acting the Idea's plot.  :idea:
And you just had to rub it in, didn't  you?  :judo:

At this rate if SK is a badass enough, he may try(IMO) to use Guts to beat down somehow Femto or God Hand.
:isidro:  :isidro:  :isidro: INCREDIBLE DEDUCTION!  :isidro:  :isidro:  :isidro:

Moving on, it's a minor detail, but one that struck me as interesting ... Femto uses the generic term "Dokuro no Kishi" for Skully. It's what Guts calls him after their first meeting in vol 9, but it has always been sort of a "fake" name strapped on him for convenience purposes. One would think Femto would  use a more formal title, since he's so in-the-know on things behind the scenes. Slan even calls him "your majesty." But oh well, The Skull Knight it will remain :SK:

Just a thought, but could it be that Griffith used the exact same space-bending ability back then, when all those arrows just missed him (in volume 22, just before Locus, Rakshas and Grunbeld are introduced)?
If thats the case, it would cast a slightly different light on him: It's not that weapons are somehow unable to hit him, but he can avoid them with ease in way that gives the impression he couldn't be hit.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Marik said:
It looks like SK is acting the Idea's plot. :idea:

No shit.

Marik said:

People have been speculating about this pretty much since SK first appeared in volume 9. Just saying...

Gaahl said:
Just a thought, but could it be that Griffith used the exact same space-bending ability back then, when all those arrows just missed him (in volume 22, just before Locus, Rakshas and Grunbeld are introduced)?

Of course.

Gaahl said:
If thats the case, it would cast a slightly different light on him: It's not that weapons are somehow unable to hit him, but he can avoid them with ease in way that gives the impression he couldn't be hit.

Well it was never said that normal weapons couldn't hit him, just that they couldn't harm him. There's a nuance. It's just like how Guts couldn't have done anything to Slan or Ganishka with a normal sword.

Aazealh said:
Anyway, I'm wondering whether Ganishka's explosion will cover the whole world or just a certain extent of the land. Like, an extent covering Midland, Griffith's soon to be kingdom.
Hmm.

I wonder if this light will reach Guts and crew, providing yet another roadblock to Elfhelm, or if this will somehow effect Elfhelm before they can reach it.

So much to look forward to.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
BerserkMJM said:
I wonder if this light will reach Guts and crew, providing yet another roadblock to Elfhelm, or if this will somehow effect Elfhelm before they can reach it.

So much to look forward to.

Precisely one of the things I had in mind. And the next episode would be a good time to go back to Guts, too.

Aazealh said:
Precisely one of the things I had in mind. And the next episode would be a good time to go back to Guts, too.

Right, it'd be a great opportunity to get a narration from Schierke of what precisely is happening to the world.
Who better than her?
Well...
:SK:
:daiba:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I'd considered how it would affect Elfhelm too, but I don't think merging the worlds will necessarily be a "roadblock" for anything Guts and Co. are trying to achieve. As I've reiterated already, check out the last few pages of this episode -- everyone's bathed in what looks like an astral light, and within it, they resemble the forms Schierke and Farnese used during astral projection. This event could result in _more_ magic in the world, not less. Or at the very least, more astral phenomenon.

If that's the case, it makes more sense then that Griffith wanted to eliminate magicians who could use, understand and access these phenomena.

When they get to Elfhelm, I was actually thinking of some scene  along the lines of ... "this restoration spell hasn't worked for centuries... but now it does!"  :serpico:

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Do you think the merging of the worlds will have any effect on Guts's and Casca's brands?  I almost wonder if the pain would be so overwhelming that they'd be in mortal danger.

Walter said:
I was actually thinking of something along the lines of ... "this restoration spell hasn't worked for centuries... but now it does!" :serpico:

:ganishka:

Matter turning into pure energy.... now thats pretty awesome

Seems like Skullknight just hightailed out of there. One wonders if SK had any indication that his attack won't work and if that is the case why would he continue with it? If the Beherit sword didn't work then does he have any other tricks left to face the God hand (other than Guts) ?

Any speculations what might have happened to the beherit that changed Ganishka? Have there been instances where the beherit just disappeared after the apostle was killed/liberated? I wonder if Daiba will pick it up again.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
MaN said:
Matter turning into pure energy.... now thats pretty awesome
I don't think we can speak with such certainty about exactly what just happened.

Any speculations what might have happened to the beherit that changed Ganishka? Have there been instances where the beherit just disappeared after the apostle was killed/liberated? I wonder if Daiba will pick it up again.
With all the thousands of apostles in Griffith's army, why are you concerned about that ONE beherit that Ganishka used all those years ago?

I don't know, but if this really is world encompassing, I don't know if I'd really want to be out in the middle of the ocean in case this all precludes to some sort of crazy monster infestation. But yes, all in all, I agree that this would be a very good time to go back to Guts and company. I'm crossing my fingers!

Daijyashin

Berserk is Divine and Human
Walter said:
:isidro: :isidro: :isidro: INCREDIBLE DEDUCTION! :isidro: :isidro: :isidro:

Thanks man! :serpico: Glad you appreciate my so iiiiiiincredible deducion! :serpico:

Walter said:
Moving on, it's a minor detail, but one that struck me as interesting ... Femto uses the generic term "Dokuro no Kishi" for Skully. It's what Guts calls him after their first meeting in vol 9, but it has always been sort of a "fake" name strapped on him for convenience purposes. One would think Femto would use a more formal title, since he's so in-the-know on things behind the scenes. Slan even calls him "your majesty." But oh well, The Skull Knight it will remain :SK:

Maybe Femto was mocking him saying "Dokuro no Kishi"?

Aazealh said:

Ahah :slan: :idea:

Aazealh said:
People have been speculating about this pretty much since SK first appeared in volume 9. Just saying...

Yes I know, infact mine was just a remark on it looking at the SK failure.(He assumed too much about get rid of God Hand) :void:

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew

Proj2501 said:

Unless :rakshas: cuts his head off on the way down.

Walter said:
I'd considered how it would affect Elfhelm too, but I don't think merging the worlds will necessarily be a "roadblock" for anything Guts and Co. are trying to achieve. As I've reiterated already, check out the last few pages of this episode -- everyone's bathed in what looks like an astral light, and within it, they resemble the astral forms Schierke and Farnese used during astral projection. This event could result in _more_ magic in the world, not the other way around.

Another thing I was thinking of is that the worlds were already merging, or experiencing more crossover than should normally be possible. So, what if that merger was only the primer for a completely new paint job, which is currently spilling out of Ganishka all over the World? Haha, what if people are going to look like they do at the end of 305 all the time now, for example? =)

Also, for the umpteenth time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DpPicOZOig&fmt=18

Yeah, we pretty much called this exactly. :void:

Rhombaad said:
Do you think the merging of the worlds will have any effect on Guts's and Casca's brands? I almost wonder if the pain would be so overwhelming that they'd be in mortal danger.

Hard to say what will happen, but I wouldn't think they'd be so incapacitated for the remainder.

MaN said:
Seems like Skullknight just hightailed out of there. One wonders if SK had any indication that his attack won't work and if that is the case why would he continue with it?

I think it's safe to assume Skully didn't know, after all, it wasn't that his attack hit and just failed, Femto parried it in a sense, so we don't know how effective it might have been against him otherwise.

MaN said:
Any speculations what might have happened to the beherit that changed Ganishka?

It was delicious! :SK:

CowTip said:
I don't know, but if this really is world encompassing, I don't know if I'd really want to be out in the middle of the ocean in case this all precludes to some sort of crazy monster infestation. But yes, all in all, I agree that this would be a very good time to go back to Guts and company. I'm crossing my fingers!

I have to admit, if we don't see some monster or Apostle sharks at some point, the series won't be whole for me. Anyway, I'm expecting quite a spectacle in the next episode to cap this off, and with perhaps a reaction from Guts, Schierke and coompany before this event comes to a close and the focus moves back to them. It depends on if Miura wants to have several episodes of immediate aftermath or wants to leave us in suspense along with Guts' crew.

Top Bottom