David Carradine dies at 72

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
That's too bad, I enjoyed his movies. I still remember watching Kung-Fu: The Legend Continues when I was a kid.

Oburi

All praise Grail
handsome rakshas said:
That is so weird, I just watched Kill Bill last night for the first time since the DVDs came out. He was a cool guy.

Yea weird, i had just been talking him the night before too. I wonder if it really was suicide?

NightCrawler

Aeons gone, vast, mad and deathless
He was a long time alchoolic and has been behaving erraticly in the past months. I remember reading something about him acting like a lunatic during a group stage interview.
It's hard to comprehend how he fucked his career again, even after Kill Bill.
I guess dying in a hotel room in Bangkock during a C-movie shoot is a good way to go.

EDIT: Here's an interesting turn of events :carcus: :troll:

http://www.wwtdd.com/2009/06/who-guessed-autoerotic-asphyxiation/

The url says it all.

I may be in denial because of my love for the man's work, but I think that the whole autoerotic-asphyxiation thing is complete internet bullshit. Either way, Carradine definitely became a tortured man in his later years, he obviously had his fair share of demons. It's really tragic. I loved so many of his films, Serpent's Egg, Bound for Glory, Death Race 2000, Americana, Boxcar Bertha, Kill Bill, but what I love most is his portrayal of the wandering Shaolin monk Kwai Chang Caine in Kung Fu. He played it so gently and beautifully, he really was an amazing actor. It's a shame he struggled so much later on... RIP David.

"I follow the Tao. No one can say to what solitude that might lead. My journey is endless till it comes full circle at my death." - Caine

NightCrawler

aufond said:
I may be in denial because of my love for the man's work, but I think that the whole autoerotic-asphyxiation thing is complete internet bullshit. Either way, Carradine definitely became a tortured man in his later years, he obviously had his fair share of demons. It's really tragic. I loved so many of his films, Serpent's Egg, Bound for Glory, Death Race 2000, Americana, Boxcar Bertha, Kill Bill, but what I love most is his portrayal of the wandering Shaolin monk Kwai Chang Caine in Kung Fu. He played it so gently and beautifully, he really was an amazing actor. It's a shame he struggled so much later on... RIP David.

"I follow the Tao. No one can say to what solitude that might lead. My journey is endless till it comes full circle at my death." - Caine

Oh, thank god for fanboys. Why is it internet bullshit? It was hinted in early reports. They tried to cover it. But since it was ruled accidental, soon or later the truth would surface.
Anyway, i hope at least he came first :p Nevertheless, this is a serious contestant to the Darwin awards.

Oburi

All praise Grail
NightCrawler said:
Oh, thank god for fanboys. Why is it internet bullshit? It was hinted in early reports. They tried to cover it. But since it was ruled accidental, soon or later the truth would surface.
Anyway, i hope at least he came first :p Nevertheless, this is a serious contestant to the Darwin awards.

yea we all read the page you posted.

NightCrawler said:

It may be true, but I'm not taking anything that I read in some sketchy celebrity article seriously.

Suicide or sexual accident, it's a terrible loss.

Oburi

All praise Grail
NightCrawler said:
Want more "reliable" links? It's on imdb.com too.

No I believe it, i just meant that your little jokes about him shooting his load and darwin awards were already posted all over that page. Any other jokes you find funny that you want to re-post here?

NightCrawler

Oburi said:
No I believe it, i just meant that your little jokes about him shooting his load and darwin awards were already posted all over that page. Any other jokes you find funny that you want to re-post here?

You got me, i'm a frequent poster at wwtdd and filmdrunk. :griffnotevil:

KazigluBey

Misanthrōpos
Rhombaad said:
That's too bad, I enjoyed his movies. I still remember watching Kung-Fu: The Legend Continues when I was a kid.

I watched the original quite a few times. Interestingly enough Bruce Lee was the original choice for the character.

NightCrawler said:
Want more "reliable" links? It's on imdb.com too.

Like I said, it may be true, it may not be. Stop trying to convince me when none of us can be sure, I don't care how "reliable" the link may be. There are too many sick people who love to fuck with tragic situations like this when they involve celebrities. I don't care what some unknown maid said she saw, everything is just a rumor at this point. I'm not going to be ignorant to the possibility, but I still think it's a stupid rumor created by fucked up people trying to stir up any controversy they can for no good reason other than to amuse themselves.

Lets just forget about that nonsense and focus on his great ability as an actor, and his roles which affected more than a few of us so deeply.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Yeah, whatever happened, let's maintain a modicum of respect for the dead, please.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
宮本 グリフィス said:
Yeah, whatever happened, let's maintain a modicum of respect for the dead, please.
You're asking too much of the denizens of Internet, I'm afraid. :sad:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
aufond said:
I think that the whole autoerotic-asphyxiation

Who cares anyway? He was old, and autoerotic-asphyxiation isn't the worst fetish to have. There are worse tragedies than this.

NightCrawler said:
You got me, i'm a frequent poster at wwtdd and filmdrunk. :griffnotevil:

What a surprise! It's just a shame you seem to take pride in it, but then again that goes along with the rest of your character.

KazigluBey said:
I watched the original quite a few times. Interestingly enough Bruce Lee was the original choice for the character.

According to some sources Bruce Lee was the one who had the idea for the series in the first place, and yeah he was considered to star in it. I always thought it was a shame that it eventually went to Carradine.

aufond said:
There are too many sick people who love to fuck with tragic situations like this when they involve celebrities. I don't care what some unknown maid said she saw, everything is just a rumor at this point. I'm not going to be ignorant to the possibility, but I still think it's a stupid rumor created by fucked up people trying to stir up any controversy they can for no good reason other than to amuse themselves.

Dude, it was already implied in the BBC's article. I mean it's the first thing I thought when I read it, and even then I admired their attempts at keeping it decent. He was only a man.

KazigluBey

Misanthrōpos
Aazealh said:
According to some sources Bruce Lee was the one who had the idea for the series in the first place, and yeah he was considered to star in it. I always thought it was a shame that it eventually went to Carradine.

Yeah, I think he was involved with the producer of the network or something, came up with the idea but something happened and Carradine got the role. Bruce Lee became Kato and the rest is history. I think Carradine is a better actor, but Lee deserved better than the Green Hornet.

NightCrawler

Aazealh said:
Who cares anyway? He was old, and autoerotic-asphyxiation isn't the worst fetish to have. There are worse tragedies than this.

aufond said:
Like I said, it may be true, it may not be. Stop trying to convince me when none of us can be sure, I don't care how "reliable" the link may be. There are too many sick people who love to fuck with tragic situations like this when they involve celebrities. I don't care what some unknown maid said she saw, everything is just a rumor at this point. I'm not going to be ignorant to the possibility, but I still think it's a stupid rumor created by fucked up people trying to stir up any controversy they can for no good reason other than to amuse themselves.

Lets just forget about that nonsense and focus on his great ability as an actor, and his roles which affected more than a few of us so deeply.

Couple of points. Yeah, he died, and all human life is precious, blah blah blah. Take a look at this man's life sometime.

According to his ex-wife, he was a sexual deviant who engaged in dangerous sex-acts, and was involved in a consensual incestuous relationship (evidence points to his daughter, Calista).

And now he's been killed while trying to get himself off. In a land where every sexual kink can be catered for, for less than 50 bucks. The cheapskate decided to rub one out for free, and died.

And you wonder why i think it's appropriate to laugh?

Wonder no more.

But hey, here's a great deleted scene from Kill Bill: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouFLD3lMTVU&fmt=18

X

Xem

Lovely how after a man's death people keep bringing up Bruce Lee. It's almost like people are mourning Lee over Carradine during this time. Aside from this thread, Bruce Lee was brought up numerous times today when Carradine's death was mentioned. Way to live in a shadow!

NightCrawler said:
And you wonder why i think it's appropriate to laugh?

Wonder no more.

At this point, I realize it's basically like feeding a troll, but honestly, laughing at a fault of someone's that ended up getting him killed isn't funny at all. According to you, if you've ever got a problem of any kind, it'd be better laugh it off and walk away. Falling off a cliff? What were you thinking?! Har har~ Oh well, have a nice fall buddy.

I realize you enjoy wallowing in other people's misery, probably for petty reasons, but this man already paid for his faults. He doesn't deserve assholes who never had anything to do with him having a good laugh over it, even if it is guaranteed to happen. But hey, it's all right, he's dead. You guys can laugh all day, he isn't around to hear it anyhow. Sure feels good to feel superior... except that man did more with his life than most people ever will, including most people here.

But again, as stated earlier, looking maturity on the internet is like looking for a needle in a giant pile of shit.

I respect Carradine. I think he was more so a B movie legend. I don't think its mandatory to mention Bruce Lee. Even though Bruce Lee is as important to the Kung Fu series as Carradine was, its kinda granted that Bruce Lee opened the door for all things Martail Arts and its culture. Bruce I think credited the majority of the opportunities people such as Carradine, Chan, Norris, and others have today. But of course you do credit these actors that have come into their own. Carradine has respectful work.

Top Bottom