LAKERS!

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
W00t! Too bad I missed the final game... I was out of town. Congrats to all the Lakers, and all Lakers fans.

X

Xem

I don't understand what was so riveting about this. I don't care about basketball at all, but I'll pay attention when two worthy opponents do battle. Lakers totally owned, what was so special about this? Anyone care to explain?

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
yeh we won you dumashit
!

http://espn.go.com/espn/apphoto/photo?photoId=2255345&sportId=46

Aww i missed the Final Game but damn good for the LAKERS they deserved it, although I am more of a Cavaliers fan :slan:

Deci said:
I don't understand what was so riveting about this. I don't care about basketball at all, but I'll pay attention when two worthy opponents do battle. Lakers totally owned, what was so special about this? Anyone care to explain?

There was something special about this championship if you are a Kobe fan like myself.

It's his first ring without Shaq, and watching him win this one is like watching a story about a man who fell to his lowest then picking himself up and scaling the mountain again.

NightCrawler

Aeons gone, vast, mad and deathless
Griff, the custom title you gave to me hasn't fill one drop in my care cup either, see... c|_| ...still empty.

Oh, and i'm not the one partying because of some sweaty gigantic black dudes touching balls.

zrexe said:
There was something special about this championship if you are a Kobe fan like myself.

It's his first ring without Shaq, and watching him win this one is like watching a story about a man who fell to his lowest then picking himself up and scaling the mountain again.

Awww, tell me, how much this courageous man gets paid in one month, cause i wanna sympathize.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
The series was just owned by the Lakers. They sure were more hungry for it, after losing last year. Jackson now has the most championships as a coach, good for him.

NightCrawler said:
Griff, the custom title you gave to me hasn't fill one drop in my care cup either, see... c|_| ...still empty.

Oh, and i'm not the one partying because of some sweaty gigantic black dudes touching balls.

Awww, tell me, how much this courageous man gets paid in one month, cause i wanna sympathize.
Yeah, you don't have to care about it Night. Although, I see you must dislike alot of people who make the profits these guys are making.

Griffith

NightCrawler said:

Haha, I get it, balls. Anyway, despite the plethora of comebacks available involving your "care cup," its contents, and you drinking nasty things from it to make it empty, I'm not going to bother. Actually, I signed on sober just to change the custom title back, but, I'll keep your care cup filled... with love! :casca:

Oh, my head...

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Hey, Griff since it might seem that only you and me are going to talk about this. I think Lakers have a pretty high chance for a repeat again. I doubt the Thunder will do anything to surprise them. What do you think?

Edit: bracket up

brackett.jpg

Griffith

Th3Branded0ne said:
Hey, Griff since it might seem that only you and me are going to talk about this. I think Lakers have a pretty high chance for a repeat again. I doubt the Thunder will do anything to surprise them. What do you think?

Happy the Lakeshow won today, but with Kobe in the condition he's in (he can't even hit free throws consistently with that finger) and limited in general offense compared to last year, nothing can be taken for granted, so if the Lakers are going to advance they're definitely going to have to grind it out every night like the Spurs used to. Here's an impromptu bracket I just threw together:

2010nbaplayoffs.png

For me, the biggest question marks on there are rounds 2 and 3 in the West if that tells you anything about my confidence. I know we can win those series, and maybe even should, but nothing from the second half of the season tells me that we will with any certainty.

Just for fun: http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/predictions

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
グリフィス said:
So then are you rooting for the Lakers to avenge Seattle? :carcus:

I think Rhombaad is, since the Thunder used to be the Sonics. Looking at how the Suns(home team) got beat by POrtland at home, I now discard them to even make it after this round. I"m saying it's Going to be LA Vs Denver on the Western finals.

Griffith

Th3Branded0ne said:
I'm saying it's Going to be LA Vs Denver on the Western finals.

Cannot be, the latest they can meet is round 2, unless you think that'll decide it in any case? I'd love for the injury depleted Jazz to upset Denver while they're possibly at their weakest in round 1! :guts:

Rhombaad said:

Muahaha, didn't think so, old rivalries die hard! But then, are you actually rooting for... Oklahoma City!? :isidro: :zodd: :troll: :daiba:

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
グリフィス said:
Muahaha, didn't think so, old rivalries die hard! But then, are you actually rooting for... Oklahoma City!? :isidro: :zodd: :troll: :daiba:

Haha, I'm choosing to remain indifferent/bitter. :void:

Griffith

Game 2 tonight, can the Thunder build on their game 1 experience, can the Lakers come out and like the champs and get a more convincing win? I sure hope it's the latter.

Oh, and...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daCn-Lx9jWY

Barkley + shake weight, comedy ensues. :guts:

Update:
WHEW!

Surprisingly, I'm finding OKC-LA the most entertaining of all the series so far, though its the 1seed vs 8seed. The West is crazy this year. I love the way OKC is not backing down to the Lakers.

Griffith

Kaepernack said:
Surprisingly, I'm finding OKC-LA the most entertaining of all the series so far, though its the 1seed vs 8seed. The West is crazy this year. I love the way OKC is not backing down to the Lakers.

The Thunder alone are awesome to watch, it's certainly not a mismatch. I think they can win if they continue to figure it out in the post season, and if I know my Lakers, they'll give them every opportunity.

Johnstantine said:
They said they lost because the Thunder fans were too loud so they couldn't concentrate.

Great crowd, but I don't think so, the Thunder just got their home cookin' going, fast breaks, threes, bench production, and free throws. Note the Lakers scored more in this game than either of the two in LA that they won, the difference was the Thunder's fast break offense at home, and the Lakers wasting the opportunity defensively when they went up 11 in the middle of the 3rd (they tend to do that, even when they won last year). I am worried about Durant on Kobe going forward, long guys like that bother him the most, like Tayshaun Prince back in the '04 finals.

Top Bottom