Michael Jackson dead.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/Music/06/25/michael.jackson/index.html

TMZ says he's dead already, which seems likely considering the secrecy surrounding his official condition, and people are losing their shit. I'm working very hard not to point out... ya know.

Update: Confirmed.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Michael Jackson goes into cardiac arrest, coma... death?

LA Times say he's dead. It's pretty shocking, quick. I had no idea he had issues.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler

I got a text from a friend of mine about a half hour ago giving me the news. Like Walter, I had no idea he had any health problems (other than some mental issues and an obsession with plastic surgery).

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

Didn't know anything about this either. Sad news, though he hadn't been in good health for years.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you

Thriller 2: Electric Boogaloo? To soon?

In anycase, he was a great performer back in the day until he started to get all batshit crazy and giving kids "Jesus" juice.

Griffith

SaiyajinNoOuji said:
Thriller 2: Electric Boogaloo? To soon?

Yeah, I've got like six killer jokes I'm leaving chambered because of the insane MJ fans out there, including close personal friends.

His recent infamy aside, his talent was worthy of his fame, and I look at the bright side that he got to express it in his lifetime, and so it's just his time. Also, this is better than him dragging along as a tortured joke the rest of his life. He should be remembered as close to what he was in his glory days, as well as his questionable behavior later (good with the bad).

BTW, anyone think all those surgeries had something to do with this?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
In the 80s, he was an undeniable badass. No one, not even his own antics in the 90s and 00s can take that aspect of his legacy away from him.

X

Xem

No matter what people thought of him, me included, no one can deny he was an integral part of our happy childhood memories growing up. I feel weird saying it, but I'm actually pretty saddened by this. I never expected anything like this for some reason.

Pretty shocking news!

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great

宮本 グリフィス said:
BTW, anyone think all those surgeries had something to do with this?

Possible, it could have put his heart under a lot of stress.

Griffith

Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
Possible, it could have put his heart under a lot of stress.

Yeah, if not at least somewhat contributing to his poor health in general. The word on the street is enabled prescription drug abuse though, like if you thought Anna Nicole Smith case was bad, it's nothing comparison. Yikes.

Sad news indeed. I think I'll spend the whole day tomorrow listening to his old records, including the ones from his Jackson 5 days :judo:

I hope that he's in heaven now where he will receive eternal life, as well as the 72 virgins. :carcus:

NightCrawler

Aeons gone, vast, mad and deathless

mjcsi.jpg

Had to do it, but...

宮本 グリフィス said:
His recent infamy aside, his talent was worthy of his fame

Walter said:
In the 80s, he was an undeniable badass. No one, not even his antics in the 90s and 00s can take that aspect of his legacy away from him.

I thoroughly agree.

RIP

He was very bizarre. Pretty sudden.

He was suppost to start a 50+ date tour starting July 13th 2009.

I think about it and he put his body through a lot. Maybe he simply crossed the line finally. Kinda surreal thinking about him passing away.

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
The news spread like wildfire through the hospital I work at. At one point I walked into a patient room and one t.v said "Michael Jackson dead" and the other t.v said "Michael Jackson in coma". This man's music was a major part of my childhood and my parents had all of his albums on vinyl. My mom used to make me do the Thriller dance when we'd have company over and everyone used to crack up when I'd put my hands on my knees and start stomping around the room like an idiot. Not many deaths over the years have really shook me up but this one did. I'm not afraid to say I loved this guy and he will always be one of the greatest entertainers of all time to me. If Madonna dies anytime soon I'm going to have a nervous breakdown!

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Some really ancient, memorable games he has there. And I spotted 2 Lethal Enforcers! =0

He also has some very strange, rare stuff on the walls. Among them is ... uh.... this.

mj-painting.jpg

So, I guess it's him and Peter Pan at a theater watching the three stooges, Pinocchio, Kermit the Frog, Mickey Mouse and Chaplin, with Steven fucking Spielberg peering around the corner.

Wouldn't it be cool if he'd rise out of the coffin dancing to the sound of Thriller?
Oh man, he'd be "shredded" by everyone...
I can imagine his answer: "Oh I can't do it, but Jesus could?" :ganishka:

I'm bad

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I'm as sick of MJ news as anyone else, but this story reads like a fucking Onion article. Hilarity ensues!

http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/07/10/michael.jackson.psychics/index.html

Jack Rourke said no reputable medium or psychic will try to contact Jackson for at least six months.

Top Bottom