The Beast of Darkness Realised.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that worlds are merged and imaginary creatures now walk the earth. The faceman and the headless horseman are creatures that were dreamt of. Isn't it quite possible that Guts' personal demon may now take a physical form? Since the astral and physical worlds are now one, it no longer needs Guts or the armor to manifest itself. I wonder if it this does happen, will it continue to seek vengeance against Griffith independent of Guts?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Judas Priestly said:
Now that worlds are merged and imaginary creatures now walk the earth. The faceman and the headless horseman are creatures that were dreamt of. Isn't it quite possible that Guts' personal demon may now take a physical form? Since the astral and physical worlds are now one, it no longer needs Guts or the armor to manifest itself. I wonder if it this does happen, will it continue to seek vengeance against Griffith independent of Guts?
I think the Beast is quite a bit different from creatures of the spiritual world like Schnoz, et al. The Beast isn't just some nightmare creature. It's, as you said, a personal demon for Guts. It exists in Guts' mind, not in the astral world like these other creatures we're seeing now, which were formed by the subconsciousness of several million humans.

That's not to say it won't manifest in some unprecedented way in the future. I just don't think it's free to roam as it pleases just because of this merging.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Judas Priestly said:
Now that worlds are merged and imaginary creatures now walk the earth.

Your use of the world "imaginary" is misleading. Those are astral creatures. They have existed for a very long time as myths and legends, but they existed nevertheless. The Beast of Darkness is a psychological embodiment of Guts' dark side. It's a mental construct that only exists in his head.

Judas Priestly said:
Isn't it quite possible that Guts' personal demon may now take a physical form?

According to its last conversation with Guts, no. But then again, it is only a part of Guts' mind, and knows only as much as he does.

Just being hypothetical, but what would you think would happen if it did go up against Femto and lost? Would Guts die too?

Aazealh said:
Your use of the world "imaginary" is misleading. Those are astral creatures. They have existed for a very long time as myths and legends, but they existed nevertheless. The Beast of Darkness is a psychological embodiment of Guts' dark side. It's a mental construct that only exists in his head.

According to its last conversation with Guts, no. But then again, it is only a part of Guts' mind, and knows only as much as he does.

Sorry about that, my bad.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Judas Priestly said:
Just being hypothetical, but what would you think would happen if it did go up against Femto and lost? Would Guts die too?
The trouble I have with this notion is that you're thinking of Guts and the Beast as two separate characters. When in actuality, the Beast is an aspect of Guts -- manifested from the negative emotions he's tapped into throughout his impossible journey.

It has a distinct shape, sure. But it's truly Guts. You may as well say "well what if Guts' hatred and anger fell out of his ear and took up battle against Griffith and died. Would Guts' hatred and anger die too?"

That would be kinda cool. Without all of that pent up aggression clouding his judgement, it would make for a more calmer and calculating hero. Kind of like Griffith. :troll:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Right. Well, now that that's out of the way is this thread finished? Lock time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom