Apostle Alliance

S

supa_pokute

Hello everyone! I am new to the website but I've been following the Berserk manga for a couple years now and it's one of the best stories I ever read. I usually find the answers I'm looking for when I use this site since its very informative but this time I had a question nobody seems to be talking about (or opinion) but maybe it doesn't bother anyone else as much as me:

A few episodes ago we were shown that the apostles in Griffith's neo band of the hawk made an alliance with the humans to fight Ganishka's towering new form. Did that bother anyone else? I know it was a desperate act to stop Ganishkas invasion but it just seemed really weird to me that the humans would be so trusting to monsters like that on a whim, even with Griffith there telling them it was fine. Maybe I think it's more strange because we know from the rest of the story that many of them are horrible creatures and what they've done to Guts and others, but I'm not sure.

My other Question is, with the new world of fantasia forming, do you think that the alliance with the human race and apostles was temporary or will it be a big part of the story in the next book? Thanks for your replies!

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to the forum. I'm surprised you didn't find any similar discussions for this topic, because it was discussed at length as it was happening in the Current Episodes section (ep 301 thread). My exact words at the time were:

Walter said:
It's very strange to me to see Apostles fighting alongside humans. Not a critique, it's just a concept I'm adjusting to.

But, of course it's a surprising, off-putting concept. It's supposed to be! Check Daiba's reaction:

Page 16

Daiba: Ohhhh

Daiba: …What the hell is happening here…!!

Daiba: Humans and apostles…
Daiba: It’s impossible…!!

Anyway, as for the future of this alliance, I've said before and I still believe there could be some factionalization among apostles in the future. On one side, you would have apostles who support the idea of working together with humans, and on the other you'd have apostles who would rather follow their stomachs. But ... I don't foresee any of that happening for a long while, really.

Damn I shouldnt have read this but no turning back now. That is very strange for them to ally with humans but after reading it it might be Griffith gaining favor in the public eye so when he either takes it by force by crowning himself king wouldn't look so bad or he could hold it over every one's head saying I helped you now I want something in return. Or if gaining favor in the public eye they would crown him king maybe I mean who knows.

Top Bottom