Your plans for the future

Career:

Currently happy where I am at but I want to move forward to even more challenging projects from the technical side as even tho I do have some administrative responsabilities I rather keep on growing as an Engineer and in the future a Scientist instead that going in to management (hopefuly with my companies Skunk Works division) .
I am also hoping to apply for my first patent either this year or the next:).

Education:

To finish my Masters in Engineering and complete my sweet Thesis on smart controls.

Personal:

I am currently looking to buy a house as I am tired of renting and it seems I will be doing less work related traveling for the next year. I also traced a map with my gf of places we want to visit before we go ahead and start making children. It will probably finish with Japan as pretty much everyone else interested in travel here :)

Nomad said:
Currently on the baby making process. Besides that, just trying to survive the everyday life wh00t!
As for future. I have my heart set on stability more than anything else. Can't ask for more really, living the american dream, blond wife, white fences and off course... the Lab.

Long terms goals, I'd say being able to take courses to being able to learn how to write music. My own little personal passion, regardless of the outcome. It will only be a side thing.

:O Peter is on a journey to be a daddy? Congrats man all you have left to do to pull it off is let yourself grow a mustach :). So maybe for the next time I am in Chicago I will see a little pedro?

By the way I am proud of you Pedro achieving the American Dream :) with the exception of your Labrador must of them are really nice and playful, yours is pretty much an ass. I went to Nomad's house last year and his dog wanted to eat me alive, then he would relax and sit right by me looking at me so when I would finally start relaxing he would start barking at me again right by my ear!!

Grrr your dog better behave next time for I will come prepared tothrow firecrackers at him or use my sweet dog whistle Iphone app.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
ELEKTRO said:
I rather keep on growing as an Engineer and in the future a Scientist instead that going in to management (hopefuly with my companies Skunk Works division) .

Maybe you can fix the F-22 then. :griffnotevil:

SlimJ87D

Apollo
ELEKTRO said:
Career:

Currently happy where I am at but I want to move forward to even more challenging projects from the technical side as even tho I do have some administrative responsabilities I rather keep on growing as an Engineer and in the future a Scientist instead that going in to management (hopefuly with my companies Skunk Works division) .
I am also hoping to apply for my first patent either this year or the next:).

Education:

To finish my Masters in Engineering and complete my sweet Thesis on smart controls.

Personal:

I am currently looking to buy a house as I am tired of renting and it seems I will be doing less work related traveling for the next year. I also traced a map with my gf of places we want to visit before we go ahead and start making children. It will probably finish with Japan as pretty much everyone else interested in travel here :)

:O Peter is on a journey to be a daddy? Congrats man all you have left to do to pull it off is let yourself grow a mustach :). So maybe for the next time I am in Chicago I will see a little pedro?

By the way I am proud of you Pedro achieving the American Dream :) with the exception of your Labrador must of them are really nice and playful, yours is pretty much an ass. I went to Nomad's house last year and his dog wanted to eat me alive, then he would relax and sit right by me looking at me so when I would finally start relaxing he would start barking at me again right by my ear!!

Grrr your dog better behave next time for I will come prepared tothrow firecrackers at him or use my sweet dog whistle Iphone app.

Nice man, I'm about to obtain my B.S. in Mechanical and Material Science Engineering. My GF just got a job at Northrop and I'm hoping to get a job somewhere that has a lot of machining and manufacturing besides just being stuck in an office.

I actually want to go into management and start my own company when I'm 40. I want to machine custom parts and design peoples' ideas. "You think of it, I'll design it and make it."

Syaoran said:
Ha same here I just turned 18 and have no idea what to do
Ha, it's not all that bad.

With some work you'll find something to be passionate about (and hopefully you'll end up with a job doing it :D)

Right now my short term goals are to just keep saving up money, lose about 30 lbs (never gonna happen), and look for a decent desk chair

Longer term goals are saving up money for my trip to japan next year (also known as Shayryuken's Buy-as-much-f**king-berserk-merch-as-he-can vacation) and all the preparations that would go with a trip to another country.

Even longer than that I am working on getting my certificate in cinematography and hopefully moving to San Francisco to finish up my Education at the Academy of Art there. I wanna be a movie editor :guts:

I'm one of those people who's kind of at a standstill in life at the moment... I have a passion for history (mostly ancient history), and a deep respect for the people who bring it to life. I've had it in my mind to study archeology, but I keep putting it off ("ah... I'll get to it next season!). Archeology opens so many doors into the human past and much of our world would be unknown without it. It's an amazing science and is a goal for me... I want to get a feel for it and be able to touch the past! I just need somebody to kick me in the ass and motivate me.

If not, there's always a future in cocaine. ::)

yesmilord

千年王国
I'm currently still enrolled in an arts college, am working part time at an iPhone application development company, and interning (this month) in China at an ad agency. Where will I go from here? I really don't know. This line of business asks for a lot of flexibility, and as a result I've become somewhat a "jack of all trades". I do have my goals set on progressing in the design industry though, be it branding, advertising, or just straight up graphic design. Also, I'd like to move out of my home and dependency on my parents as soon as I graduate from college in about a year and a half. Hopefully I'll be ready by then!

As for super long term goals, I'd like to work with some connections I have here in China and eventually partner up to begin my own creative firm. I have a few tight-knit friends with similar ideas, so I was hoping eventually to start an in-house group that does radical work for up and coming companies. That would be ideal.

I'd also like to meet a girl that understands my rather unhealthy obsession with nerdy stuff. Unfortunately, such a feat almost seems harder than everything I've listed above :serpico:

And lastly, my nerd goals include: amounting a massively gorgeous display of Berserk merchandise (I'm half-way there!), becoming the best Venom (Guilty Gear) player in America (I'm already half-way there too!), and living long enough to see Berserk end (and till Diablo III's release).

SlimJ87D

Apollo
Shayryuken said:
Ha, it's not all that bad.

With some work you'll find something to be passionate about (and hopefully you'll end up with a job doing it :D)

Right now my short term goals are to just keep saving up money, lose about 30 lbs (never gonna happen), and look for a decent desk chair

Longer term goals are saving up money for my trip to japan next year (also known as Shayryuken's Buy-as-much-f**king-berserk-merch-as-he-can vacation) and all the preparations that would go with a trip to another country.

Even longer than that I am working on getting my certificate in cinematography and hopefully moving to San Francisco to finish up my Education at the Academy of Art there. I wanna be a movie editor :guts:

What is so hard about losing your weight? I'll tell you the biggest thing is sleeping right. sacrifice that extra hour you spend on your computer or just sitting around doing nothing at night. If you sleep well for 8 hours a day for a month it helps your body metabolize correctly. Second, don't over eat. I promise you will lose at least 5 to 10 pounds just doing these two.

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
Great topic, Puella.

For my short-term goal, that would have to be finding a job. I mean, ANY job.

As for my long-term goals, I'd like to take more art classes, possibly go back to college and learn more about cartooning and animation (2D and 3D)... And some day I would like to have my own cartoon series, either in comic book or TV animation form.

yesmilord

千年王国
Gobolatula said:
As for my long-term goals, I'd like to take more art classes, possibly go back to college and learn more about cartooning and animation (2D and 3D)... And some day I would like to have my own cartoon series, either in comic book or TV animation form.

That is a long and hard goal my friend. I wish you the best of luck. If you have the passion, the glory will be waiting for you at the end of the path through living hell.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Welp... currently things are a bit rough living overseas. The dollar being so brittle as of alte really hurts the conversion rates for those that don't have cost of living allowances (COLA). The area that I am in is rather small so finding a good paying job in my field is very rare.

I could go back to Okinawa but with my purchasing a house, I don't want to let it go without a "fight".

I suppose I want to get into learning more about network security since that seems to be the rage right now but it just seems too boring for me. I rather enjoy the grunt work of being a net. admin.

I am trying to get some metal working skills up right now by making custom computer cases. I just need to pop my cherry and get cracking on my new entertainment PC.

other then that its just your standard, raise the kids, pay the bill's, and wait until the day that we can stop getting old! :ganishka:

SlimJ87D said:
Nice man, I'm about to obtain my B.S. in Mechanical and Material Science Engineering. My GF just got a job at Northrop and I'm hoping to get a job somewhere that has a lot of machining and manufacturing besides just being stuck in an office.

I actually want to go into management and start my own company when I'm 40. I want to machine custom parts and design peoples' ideas. "You think of it, I'll design it and make it."

Thats pretty cool dude engineering can be a very fulfilling profession if you find the right job for you. Right now are tough times to find a job so it is hard to be picky but one thing I tell to you when the economy turns for the better many companies will start recruiting like crazy and that might be a great oportunity to find the right work for you. In my case I used to work on IT and I really didn't like it as it wasn't right for me, so when I had the chance to interview doing the kind of thing I dreamed off I went ahead and got it. That is another thing when you go interviewing yourself for what you think your dream job is I highly recommend that you do some prepping up regarding the topics and tools that are needed for the job, always be sincere about what you know but let them know that you know the basics and would love to learn more about it.

As for making your own company I think that is a great idea and it is one of the few ways an engineer can make some serious money. Right now I am making an experiment about freelancing on the weekends doing automation work to make some extra cash since is something I also have experience with but I don't work with it in my week job.

One last thing I would like to say is that I think is great how you sound so enthusistic about what you want to do, don't give up on that man my best wishes for you.

My plans for the near future are very simple, just wanted to work at Crab Factory in Canada for 8 months.:ganishka: Maybe I can buy some missing volumes of Berserk there. :serpico:

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
I need to buy a new vehicle now... my motor scooter got stolen last night while I was out of town. :judo:

Darklink286 said:
I need to buy a new vehicle now... my motor scooter got stolen last night while I was out of town. :judo:
no insurance? :/

My short term plans are to find a way to earn money with the terrible schedules I have at College in order to move in to an apartment in Rio, downtown, with my fiancé. If possible, that'd include being admitted (by exams) to Central Bank of Brazil. Just the thought of it makes me cry, everyone is trying this one right now.... It's a hell of a good job u.u

Untypical plans:
Get better in Japanese and French until I can read/watch whatever it is I like without the need of translators, and of course travel to the respective places.
Manage to raise my kids (no, no kid for the next few years yet :) ) in a way they'll be at least trilingual. That's gonna be hard, since if it is me talking to them, I'd most probably teach things all wrong lol Guess I'll only let them watch TV in the original language. Worked for some people I know :)

puella said:
Anyway, I'd also like to know about more unlikely wishes you may have. An example of mine would be:
1) To see blue butterflies by chance.
Next time I see one, I take a picture for you :slan:
just kidding... Nowadays it's hard to see different butterflies, even around my parent's house (we live, literally, on a mountain. a flock of civilization in the middle of a forest reservation no one respects), but my grandma has a huge one (blue btw) stuck on a frame, so they're still there. :) It's the same for fireflies... I've seen one these days, but before that was like a decade ago.

Plans for the future:

Well I want to go back to Japan. I went for two weeks this past November and it was AWESOME! I plan on learning Japanese, I've wanted to learn since I was a kid and even picked up a little while in Japan. So if all goes well Japanese classes should start come summer.

I want to attend Sheridan Institute in Oakville, ON to take their BAA in Animation.

I am already married and have a daughter so that's already taken care of, one is good for me!

I also want to see my ideas get turned into comics/graphic novels. I'm currently in the writing stage of production and when thats good and done I'll begin illustrating.

Oh...obtain more Berserk stuff!

My current goals:

- Continue to advance my career in the video game industry. I'd like to become a Producer.
- Pay off my motorcycle!
- Acquire my black belt in Kung Fu San Soo.
- Get an apartment on my own.

Finish a presentation for my class on CyberSecurity in the next 2 hours.

Finish a family tree builder programming assignment by tomorrow at 10am.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Filed my FAFSA and waiting to hear back from the UC system on my admission status. Then it's decision time on whether or not I want to move in order to continue my education.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
グリフィス said:
Filed my FAFSA and waiting to hear back from the UC system on my admission status. Then it's decision time on whether or not I want to move in order to continue my education.
In this economy, it's really best to stick to education if that route is still open to you. There are few decent jobs available and they don't pay much. Most industries that pay well are locked down and not expanding. Never thought I'd hear myself say this, but I wish I were still in college myself...

I'll be moving to the other end of the country at the end of the year, and I'm already looking at a new career path, since Print Journalism has been dying for about a decade, and is now in the final death throes. I'm looking at a variety of options, and I've even actually considering becoming a video game journalist, combining my two big loves, but I hear that industry is shedding jobs as well. As long as I get to write, be creative, and get paid for it, I'll be happy. But that path is becoming more and more narrow.

So who wants to pay me to be a full-time SKnet admin?! :troll:

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Walter said:
In this economy, it's really best to stick to education if that route is still open to you. There are few decent jobs available and they don't pay much. Most industries that pay well are locked down and not expanding. Never thought I'd hear myself say this, but I wish I were still in college myself...

Yeah, just to avoid really looking for a career in this job market, I might stick around for my PhD.
predatorstickaround.gif

Walter said:
I'll be moving to the other end of the country at the end of the year

Beers are on me. :guts:

Walter said:
I'm already looking at a new career path, since Print Journalism has been dying for about a decade, and is now in the final death throes. I'm looking at a variety of options, and I've even actually considering becoming a video game journalist, combining my two big loves, but I hear that industry is shedding jobs as well. As long as I get to write, be creative, and get paid for it, I'll be happy. But that path is becoming more and more narrow.

That sounds like a great idea actually, not just because I think you'd be perfect for it, but because then if the wife ever complains that you're gaming too much, it's your job! :troll:

Walter said:
So who wants to pay me to be a full-time SKnet admin?! :troll:

I already put it on my resume part-time... I wouldn't give Aaz any ideas though. :SK:

Top Bottom