What Are You Playing?

Ko Ninja

¯\(O_o)/¯ クー
Aazealh said:
Fable. :beast:

I like how you think. I'll be getting it sometime soon.

Wow, I have not played Fable in years. Never got to play The Lost Chapters either.

Let me know your thoughts on SC when you get it. I can't speak for everyone else on here but I know we've talked a little "old school" in video games before so it'd be nice to hear what others have to say about it.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Ko Ninja said:
Wow, I have not played Fable in years. Never got to play The Lost Chapters either.

I'm playing the original version myself. And it just crashed on me, resulting in a loss of over an hour's play. :mozgus:

Ko Ninja said:
Let me know your thoughts on SC when you get it. I can't speak for everyone else on here but I know we've talked a little "old school" in video games before so it'd be nice to hear what others have to say about it.

Sure, I'll give you my opinion once I'll be done with it.

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
Okay Silent Hill 3 is 100% complete. Well not maybe 100% but I'm not going through nine levels of extreme mode, what are you nuts?
I'm kind of on a survival horror kick lately and I have three games I haven't played yet. Haunting Ground, Rule of Rose, and Fatal Frame 2. Which one should I start?

Or should I just say screw it and do a Lemont's favorite things run of Toejam and Earl 2?

Ko Ninja

¯\(O_o)/¯ クー
Aazealh said:
Go for it!
Agreed. Can't go wrong there.

handsome rakshas said:
Okay Silent Hill 3 is 100% complete. Well not maybe 100% but I'm not going through nine levels of extreme mode, what are you nuts?
I'm kind of on a survival horror kick lately and I have three games I haven't played yet. Haunting Ground, Rule of Rose, and Fatal Frame 2. Which one should I start?

I'd say if you want to keep the steam going on your survival horror kick play Fatal Frame 2 next. It's the better of the three in my opinion. Haunting Ground is along the lines of Clock Tower 3 as far as personal enjoyment for me. Rule of Rose I never beat and I'd group it with Kuon (another one I almost beat but never got around to).

If anyones been on the fence about Batman this game is fantastic. Combats pretty good but the silent take downs is where its at. Detective mode is an awesome game feature can help you find places if your stuck can also guide you to where characters are. Gliding can be a bitch but its cool. Boss fights so far aren't that hard yet but are allot of fun. Free roaming kinda don't 100% have to follow the objectives. Riddler challenge is awesome trying to get the riddler trophies and solve riddles add allot more to do.

I have not tried crime ally or dem bones challenge maps but the 1 I do have are the same for Batman and Joker just beat up on guards for 4 rounds without dying.
Its a nice place to practice combat but there is a leader bored to see who got the most points. I am more interested in the invisible predator maps when ever they come out. All in all best Batman game ever IMOP.

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
I played this at GameCrazy tonight while the guy resurfaced my friend's Blade Runner HD-DVD. (He dosen't take care of nice things.)
The combat has improved a lot from the early demo I played, it wasn't bad. The presentation is great with the voices straight from the animated series. I can see why Batman fans have been eating this game up. Not bad, I don't plan on buying it. Although I would really like to see what they did with Scarecrow.

Scarecrow segments I went through where scary they did him justice so far. Dont know if hes a real boss yet. Only fought 1 real boss and it was kinda lame.

Ko Ninja

¯\(O_o)/¯ クー
Been playing this a bit to curb my excitement for the new DS sequel for their 4p Track Meet game -- er anyway. I'm not sure if anyone is as "fanatical" about the Kunio-kun series as I am but I figure I'd pass this info along for those interested and not aware yet. Hiroyuki Sekimoto and Mitsuhiro Yoshida [the creators of almost all the original and best Kunio games back in the day] formed a Doujin company named "Miracle Kidz" and they actually made an "Indie Game" on the Xbox LIVE marketplace. It's pricey compared to most Indie games at a retail of normal games (800pts?) but it's personal preference if that's way out of your league. It is titled "It's Downtown Nekketsu Dodgeball, Assemble Everyone!!" and it's classic. I was surprised as I usually don't check the Indie games all that often, but they don't region restrict them and I believe if your 360 is set to English language, the text is completely in English as well.

Cheers

Just finished Prince of Persia, Patapon 2 and Splosion Man. Working on Batman: Arkham Asylum, Dissidia and Shadow Complex now.

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
I got suddenly and inexplicably addicted to Dead Space. I'm on level six in impossible mode without buying any leveled up suits yet, savin' up for the one you get in level seven. Hooo I need more ammo...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Recently finished the latest Mass Effect DLC and Shadow Complex. Next on the list is Fable 2.

Ko Ninja said:

As promised. Well it's a very nice game, I went through it in a rush after I got it. Finished it at 100% in 2 play sessions so I guess that speaks for itself. It is really a Super Metroid clone though, they weren't kidding. Same mechanics, same power ups, same level design... It's like a fan mod with a HD skin. Story is decent but nothing special (haven't read the book it's tied to). Bad guys are barely disguised futuristic nazis, but that's Ok I guess. As far as complaints go,
I found the triple jump completely useless. You can already go everywhere with the double jump and the hook.
I also found it stupid to gain the same abilities when collecting items and gaining levels.
Why do I care to get Unlimited FOAM when I've already got it through collecting the Ammo Packs?

Haven't done the Proving Grounds yet, but I don't expect it to take long. I played the game in Hardcore and finished at lvl 32, which makes me wish I'd played in Insane so I could have got the Max level achievement easily. Not sure I'll try to get the Minimalist achievement, at least not right away. But it could prove a fun challenge in a few months when the game won't be fresh in my mind anymore.

Lithrael said:
I got suddenly and inexplicably addicted to Dead Space. I'm on level six in impossible mode without buying any leveled up suits yet, savin' up for the one you get in level seven. Hooo I need more ammo...

Dead Space's a fun game. =) If I were you I'd have maxed my stasis out early and concentrated on the standard gun, dismissing the others. More money, more ammo, and you could even get some of the intermediary armors. :slan:

Lithrael said:

Me to, and yeah I went through quite a lot of ammo myself. I still need to earn those damn trophies. I only have about 49% of them, I really need to play again and get them all and unlock the platinum trophy. :beast: When you start a new game plus there is a level 6 suit that you can buy, although it just makes you kind of look like a storm trooper from Star Wars. :serpico:

Ko Ninja

¯\(O_o)/¯ クー
Aazealh said:
Recently finished the latest Mass Effect DLC and Shadow Complex. Next on the list is Fable 2.

As promised. Well it's a very nice game, I went through it in a rush after I got it. Finished it at 100% in 2 play sessions so I guess that speaks for itself. It is really a Super Metroid clone though, they weren't kidding. Same mechanics, same power ups, same level design... It's like a fan mod with a HD skin. Story is decent but nothing special (haven't read the book it's tied to). Bad guys are barely disguised futuristic nazis, but that's Ok I guess. As far as complaints go,
I found the triple jump completely useless. You can already go everywhere with the double jump and the hook.
I also found it stupid to gain the same abilities when collecting items and gaining levels.
Why do I care to get Unlimited FOAM when I've already got it through collecting the Ammo Packs?

Haven't done the Proving Grounds yet, but I don't expect it to take long. I played the game in Hardcore and finished at lvl 32, which makes me wish I'd played in Insane so I could have got the Max level achievement easily. Not sure I'll try to get the Minimalist achievement, at least not right away. But it could prove a fun challenge in a few months when the game won't be fresh in my mind anymore.

Finished Mass Effect DLC and Shadow Complex as well. I think you pretty much hit the nail on the head with a lot of your comments. I did proving grounds and while some of them were fun little puzzles it doesn't really take too long to finish it all. I'm going to get Level 50 while I'm playing on Insane but after that I'll go back and do Minimalist to "freshen up" the game again months down the road. Overall, I'd say it was more enjoyable than lacking but that could be the Super Metroid clone speaking to me. Glad someone else gave it a shot.

I also started Cursed Mountain and Final Fantasy IV The After Years (I promised I would wait until almost all the content was out) and just finished the first content; nostalgia! I need to get through both of these before next week as I'm going to be a slave to Muramasa while Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box stares at me and then falls into my "sealed-please-open-me" pile mountain.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Ko Ninja said:
I did proving grounds and while some of them were fun little puzzles it doesn't really take too long to finish it all.

Yeah, I did them all myself earlier today. Fun stuff but doesn't take more than an hour to do everything (and you should see some of my scores :badbone:).

Ko Ninja said:
Overall, I'd say it was more enjoyable than lacking but that could be the Super Metroid clone speaking to me. Glad someone else gave it a shot.

Same here, I'd definitely recommend the game, but I can't shake the feeling that if they hadn't said it was an homage to Super Metroid right from the start, people would have called it a rip-off. I guess it's just that I wish they had deviated a little more from the Super Metroid mold.

Ko Ninja said:
I'm going to be a slave to Muramasa

Pfff, it's coming out in November here. I can't wait. But I probably shouldn't complain too much, at least it's not March 2010 anymore... :schierke:

Ko Ninja

¯\(O_o)/¯ クー
Aazealh said:
Yeah, I did them all myself earlier today. Fun stuff but doesn't take more than an hour to do everything (and you should see some of my scores :badbone:).
I ran through them rather quickly but I'll definitely go back and try for some nice scores. A friendly challenge is always fun!

Aazealh said:
Same here, I'd definitely recommend the game, but I can't shake the feeling that if they hadn't said it was an homage to Super Metroid right from the start, people would have called it a rip-off. I guess it's just that I wish they had deviated a little more from the Super Metroid mold.
I can completely understand. At least they didn't use that "Metroidvania" term they love to throw around so much lately.

Aazealh said:
Pfff, it's coming out in November here. I can't wait. But I probably shouldn't complain too much, at least it's not March 2010 anymore... :schierke:
Ouch, that really sucks but yeah, sometimes things get REALLY back logged your way. I'm not sure if they are offering it there but the pre order bonus double-sided poster is quite amazing. Same as Japan's bonus if I'm not mistaken. I'm waiting until I can get my hands on a 3rd one before I can bring myself to crack it open. [Yes, I have problems and I pre-ordered 2]

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Ko Ninja said:
I ran through them rather quickly but I'll definitely go back and try for some nice scores. A friendly challenge is always fun!

Haha yeah, same here actually. Despite my comment I didn't try to get the best scores, and personally I definitely won't go back on it. :ganishka:

Ko Ninja said:
I can completely understand. At least they didn't use that "Metroidvania" term they love to throw around so much lately.

Websites everywhere do use it to qualify the game though. I can't understand. I hate that word. It shouldn't exist.

Ko Ninja said:
I'm not sure if they are offering it there but the pre order bonus double-sided poster is quite amazing. Same as Japan's bonus if I'm not mistaken.

No idea. By default I would assume that we won't get it, but you never know.

Ko Ninja said:
I'm waiting until I can get my hands on a 3rd one before I can bring myself to crack it open. [Yes, I have problems and I pre-ordered 2]

Yes, you have problems. :ganishka:

Oburi

All praise Grail
The new Wolfenstein is great! I bought it on a whim (mainly after Basterds I'm in the mood to kill Nazis) and it paid off. For an easy FPS this game is really fun and violent. I'd reccomend renting because I beat the whole thing in one night. Now I'll return that an grab Dead Space! :guts:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Oburi said:
The new Wolfenstein is great! I bought it on a whim (mainly after Basterds I'm in the mood to kill Nazis) and it paid off. For an easy FPS this game is really fun and violent. I'd reccomend renting because I beat the whole thing in one night. Now I'll return that an grab Dead Space! :guts:
Dead Space is definitely worth a purchase.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Oburi said:
Yea I got Deadspace and the new Spyro game ( for nostaglia). Can't wait to start deadspace tonight. Is it really scary?
More creepy than scary, Id say. I haven't had TOO many "OH SHIT" moments. But the atmosphere is really well done -- oppressive and has you on your toes all the time.

Oburi said:
Yea I got Deadspace and the new Spyro game ( for nostaglia). Can't wait to start deadspace tonight. Is it really scary?

It isn't that scary although I can't lie when I played it by my self at night it was a bit scary. The Spyro game that you bought is quite a colorful game. Some of the scenes in the game are beautiful especially if you have your HDMI cable plugged into your system.

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
Hahaaa, yeah in Dead Space my 'oh shit' moments are mainly 'oh shit I'm out of ammo again.'

Yeah the stormtrooper suit is cool but you don't get to carry over any of your goodies between difficulty levels. You can only start a second round at the same difficulty. So I have a 'round 2' game on Medium with the military suit, but I won't be able to buy it for Impossible until I'm on Impossible 'round 2'.

The fight where you have to protect Nicole pisses me off though.
Makes no damn sense and uses up all my ammo. And if I blow them up with canisters, their drops fall down that fucking pit. >:(

I just lent it to a friend so I'd stop playing it. Addicted Lith. BUT BUT MOM THERE ARE STILL ZOMBIES IN THERE :mozgus: :mozgus: :mozgus:

ETA: ahh apologies, didn't think it was spoilery..

Top Bottom