What Are You Playing?

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
Oburi said:
O hell yea that looked great. If you love the Beatles then this is like the coolest thing. I havent played it yet, I don't have money to go out and buy it, but I would seriously kill to get it.
Hmm, how much is it even?
Holy Fuck! People are paying 60 bucks for what is essentially an addon that should cost maybe 15? :schierke:

Darklink286 said:
Holy Fuck! People are paying 60 bucks for what is essentially an addon that should cost maybe 15? :schierke:

This is what I originally thought, but supposedly they put a good amount of work into the game. A lot of unlockables and supposedly a pretty good story mode. I haven't played it myself, but I'm reserving judgement after how much praise it's been getting. I'd love to hear more from people who actually got it. It always seemed like a strange step for me though as I imagine that a lot of Beatles fans don't give a crap about video games in general, but who knows. Everywhere I go I hear some outlet plugging it. They were going crazy for it on NPR the other day.

PineappleSkewer

She's Deliciously Atrocious!
I was putzing around on PSN and saw Crash Bandicoot games, so I bought Warped for a stroll down memory lane. Also, a few days ago I got my hands on Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box and...well, I've never played a game that makes me feel like such a goober.

Dar_Klink

PineappleSkewer said:
Also, a few days ago I got my hands on Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box and...well, I've never played a game that makes me feel like such a goober.
You have to admit though, that seeing this makes you feel really happy.
75700533.gif

Critical thinking is a key to success.

PineappleSkewer said:
I was putzing around on PSN and saw Crash Bandicoot games, so I bought Warped for a stroll down memory lane. Also, a few days ago I got my hands on Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box and...well, I've never played a game that makes me feel like such a goober.

I was doing the same thing on my PSP and made a pretty neat discovery. They actually have the first Suikoden to buy for only I think $5.99. They also have the first Wild arms and the Spyro games for PS1. :guts:

PineappleSkewer

slan69 said:
I was doing the same thing on my PSP and made a pretty neat discovery. They actually have the first Suikoden to buy for only I think $5.99. They also have the first Wild arms and the Spyro games for PS1. :guts:
Wow, I must have missed those titles! After I saw Crash, I was too excited to notice much else. I've never had the chance to play Suikoden, so now is the perfect time!

I wish they'd add Brave Fencer Musashi and Valkyrie Profile to PSN. :judo:

Darklink286: It's true! :iva:

Oh, and it's nice to meet everyone!
I'm a little shy, so I didn't know how I should go about introducing myself...I guess here is better than no where.

PineappleSkewer said:
I wish they'd add Brave Fencer Musashi and Valkyrie Profile to PSN. :judo:
Oh, and it's nice to meet everyone!
I'm a little shy, so I didn't know how I should go about introducing myself...I guess here is better than no where.

I as well, although they do have a Valkyrie Profile for PSP. It's a remake of the very first Valkyrie profile for the PS1 and it cost anywhere between $20.00 to $28.00. It may be cheaper now, I saw it a while back so I am not quite sure. I say get a PSP PineappleSkewer, there is quite a few good games for it. By the way welcome to the forums! I actually joined this year in May and the people on this forum are nice, no need to be shy, just stay out of arguments like me and you'll be fine. Just join in on them occasionally. :ganishka: I am only kidding around with you. :iva:

Dar_Klink

Aww yes, I welcome you the the forums as well, I joined sometime in March, and I've found the senior posters and admins to be the perfect mixture of knowledgeable and friendly(and forgiving... :farnese:). I'm sure you'll enjoy it here as much as I have. :guts:

Aaaand back on topic, I've been hooked on the Jojo's Bizarre Adventure game for PSX lately. I played it years ago at my cousin's house, but I recently got into the manga series, so I sorta rediscovered it. I'm also slowly making my way through Muramasa for Wii.

PineappleSkewer

slan69 said:
I as well, although they do have a Valkyrie Profile for PSP. It's a remake of the very first Valkyrie profile for the PS1 and it cost anywhere between $20.00 to $28.00. It may be cheaper now, I saw it a while back so I am not quite sure. I say get a PSP PineappleSkewer, there is quite a few good games for it. By the way welcome to the forums! I actually joined this year in May and the people on this forum are nice, no need to be shy, just stay out of arguments like me and you'll be fine. Just join in on them occasionally. :ganishka: I am only kidding around with you. :iva:
I-I think I must get one! I didn't realize how cheap PSP's are now...especially if they're used. :carcus:

Thank you for the welcome and reassurance, Slan and Darklink!

Oblivious: Have you been collecting all the emblems in MGS4? When I first got the game, I played it six times in a row trying to catch 'em all!

Oburi

All praise Grail
slan69 said:

WAHT! I'm blowing the dust off my psp and buying Suikoden asap. Is there anything they added or updated to the game??

They did make a complete remake of Suikoden I and II, but unfortunately it was released only in Japan. If you know Japanese, well, you're in luck. The version on the PSN store is just a port of the original PSone version unfortunately (or fortunately if you really loved that version).

A new wild arms was released i think I dont remember what it was called. Silent hill 1 is also now available and syphon filter 1 or how ever its spelt is there now as well.

Yeah the new Wild arms is called Wild ARMs XF. I wouldn't buy it just yet though because it doesn't look that great, maybe if it goes a little cheaper. They also have the Tombraider games for the PS1 on the PSN. I am definitely going to buy Suikoden since I don't have it, but first I must finish off quite a few games for the PSP.

I just finished Silent Hill: Homecoming through a full day game grind and while it may not have been perfect, I rather enjoyed it. I for one welcome this less restrictive set of controls, though if they make another game using a similar engine to this, I hope they fix the dodge capabilities some. They just didn't always feel as fluid as they should have.

Oburi

All praise Grail
CowTip said:
I just finished Silent Hill: Homecoming through a full day game grind and while it may not have been perfect, I rather enjoyed it. I for one welcome this less restrictive set of controls, though if they make another game using a similar engine to this, I hope they fix the dodge capabilities some. They just didn't always feel as fluid as they should have.

Wow one day, nice job!

Oburi

All praise Grail
Ok in my quest to finish Lost odyssey I have entered the dreaded Temple of Enlightenment, the longest, hardest and most confusing dungeon in the game. I managed to get through the first part on my own but i used to guide to help me with the rest of it and I ran away from a lot of the fights. Not that I couldn't win them, but it would have taken 3 times longer and i would have ran out of health and magic by the time i got to the boss, which is where I'm stuck right now. I want to finish this tonight but the Spirit boss Fu is ridiculous, I'm not even coming close. ugh , aggravating.

Oburi said:
Ok in my quest to finish Lost odyssey I have entered the dreaded Temple of Enlightenment, the longest, hardest and most confusing dungeon in the game. I managed to get through the first part on my own but i used to guide to help me with the rest of it and I ran away from a lot of the fights. Not that I couldn't win them, but it would have taken 3 times longer and i would have ran out of health and magic by the time i got to the boss, which is where I'm stuck right now. I want to finish this tonight but the Spirit boss Fu is ridiculous, I'm not even coming close. ugh , aggravating.

I am pretty sure that the boss at the Temple of Enlightenment is the hardest boss in the game, so if you want to beat it you've got to be on at least level 70-85. I have not killed this boss yet but maybe I will someday. :iva: If you beat this boss I think you get a rare item, I forgot what it was but I can only commend you for going through with this. Stay strong! :azan:

Oburi

All praise Grail
slan69 said:
I am pretty sure that the boss at the Temple of Enlightenment is the hardest boss in the game, so if you want to beat it you've got to be on at least level 70-85. I have not killed this boss yet but maybe I will someday. :iva: If you beat this boss I think you get a rare item, I forgot what it was but I can only commend you for going through with this. Stay strong! :azan:

Yea I finally managed to beat him :guts: I feel so great that I managed to get through the temple, but no he is not the hardest boss in the game. You can go to the backyard where there is this like fight club type thing. You fight in rounds and after about 25 fights you get the hardest boss in the game called The Immortal One. it has 175,000 HP! I'm fighting my way up to this guy right now. Man this is challenging, I spent all day, litterally, I'm at 72 hours.

Did you ever do the backyard battles?

Top Bottom