What Are You Playing?

Oburi said:
Yea I finally managed to beat him :guts: I feel so great that I managed to get through the temple, but no he is not the hardest boss in the game. You can go to the backyard where there is this like fight club type thing. You fight in rounds and after about 25 fights you get the hardest boss in the game called The Immortal One. it has 175,000 HP! I'm fighting my way up to this guy right now. Man this is challenging, I spent all day, litterally, I'm at 72 hours.

Did you ever do the backyard battles?

No haven't got to it. To tell you the truth I don't know how to get to the backyard challenges. I read that it is in the mansion where you get Sarah, is it? I am planning on going through the Temple and finishing the backyard challenges but I am to busy at the moment now that school is back on.

Oburi

All praise Grail
slan69 said:
No haven't got to it. To tell you the truth I don't know how to get to the backyard challenges. I read that it is in the mansion where you get Sarah, is it? I am planning on going through the Temple and finishing the backyard challenges but I am to busy at the moment now that school is back on.

No its at the city that was frozen over, at the bottom floor of the apartments. Make sure you have plenty of time to spare. It took me around 50 hours to get to the final dungeon of the game and now I'm at 72 hours after trying to get 100%. crazy.

Ko Ninja

¯\(O_o)/¯ クー
PineappleSkewer said:
I-I think I must get one! I didn't realize how cheap PSP's are now...especially if they're used. :carcus:

If you're a huge Final Fantasy fan you could always buy the Dissidia Bundle they came out with recently.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/05/new-limited-edition-dissidia-final-fantasy-psp-entertainment-pack/

CowTip said:
I just finished Silent Hill: Homecoming through a full day game grind and while it may not have been perfect, I rather enjoyed it. I for one welcome this less restrictive set of controls, though if they make another game using a similar engine to this, I hope they fix the dodge capabilities some. They just didn't always feel as fluid as they should have.

Glad you enjoyed it! I finished it two times the weekend it came out and a third time during the next week. I was addicted for a bit. What always scared me is I have an outfit, albeit plain, that is exactly the same thing that he wears in the game - jacket and all (minus military patches haha). Now people are going to think I'm "cosplaying" him or some crap if I wear it anywhere but work...

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
I just finished playing "ICO". It was great! The story was nice, the gameplay and the exploring of the castle to escape from it was awesome. A game everyone must play if you haven't. Now I"ll be starting Mass Effect.

Th3Branded0ne said:
I just finished playing "ICO". It was great! The story was nice, the gameplay and the exploring of the castle to escape from it was awesome. A game everyone must play if you haven't.

I see you enjoyed ICO, it is indeed a great game. I loved exploring the castle as well, and I thought it was neat that you could actually grab the girls hand to follow you, instead of just having to continuously call her.

yesmilord

千年王国
Th3Branded0ne said:
I just finished playing "ICO". It was great! The story was nice, the gameplay and the exploring of the castle to escape from it was awesome. A game everyone must play if you haven't. Now I"ll be starting Mass Effect.

lol harsh transition.

I've been playing Left 4 Dead. Talk about rage quitters :schierke:

Oburi

All praise Grail
Do not buy Halo ODST! Its sucks, horribly. Maybe I didn't do enough research before buying it but it seemed like it was over before it even began. Campaign is barely 4 hours long and everything from the AI to the graphics to the levels to "new" features added were just horrible. Nothing new, nothing great. I'm so disappointed, 60 $'s for a fucking bullshit expansion? Great marketing on their part though, they fooled me!

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
This was a fun diversion today:

http://www.homestarrunner.com/dangeresque.html

If you enjoyed point and click adventure games from Sierra or LucasArts, this is for you. Any adventurer worth his left mouse button should be able to solve this case quick and easy.

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
宮本 グリフィス said:
This was a fun diversion today:

http://www.homestarrunner.com/dangeresque.html

If you enjoyed point and click adventure games from Sierra or LucasArts, this is for you. Any adventurer worth his left mouse button should be able to solve this case quick and easy.
Awesome, just finished it! I haven't kept up on Homestarrunner in years either, thanks for the reminder.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Oburi said:
I'm so disappointed, 60 $'s for a fucking bullshit expansion? Great marketing on their part though, they fooled me!
Well you know, Xbox being the great money saver as most people claim to be :schierke:. As for the marketing, I have to say I personally loved the short film trailer, considering I don't give a rats ass about the whole Halo universe, I was impressed with it. Here's the short video for those who haven't seen it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IklqPx3unjs&NR=1

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Nomad said:
Well you know, Xbox being the great money saver as most people claim to be :schierke:

What's the relation with what he said? He was complaining about the content of the game, and therefore its perceived value. Other consoles also have not-so-good games sold at the full retail price.

Oburi

All praise Grail
I just completed Zuma on the 360 from the xbox live arcade. THis game was way harder on the console than for the computer and it took me years to actually beat adventure mode. I played it everyday and i finally finished it. Now i'll start over and try to get higher on the leader boards :guts:

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Aazealh said:
What's the relation with what he said? He was complaining about the content of the game, and therefore its perceived value. Other consoles also have not-so-good games sold at the full retail price.
You know what? I completely missread his post. I actually thought that their was an expansion out for that game already charging 60 bucks for it. My bad Oburi, then again it wouldn't surprise me if they did you follow? My apologies Mon Capitan. :SK:

Oburi

All praise Grail
Haha, yea well it pretty much is an expansion, and thats how the whole thing started. Eventually Bungie decided they had enough content to release it as a full game, which it is clearly not. I could seriously cry over this. A shitty four hour campaign and a few new multiplayer maps plus all the maps from Halo 3 and the ones on live. Thats an expansion in my book. I can't believe they sold this as the new Halo game. :mozgus:

Oburi said:
Haha, yea well it pretty much is an expansion, and thats how the whole thing started. Eventually Bungie decided they had enough content to release it as a full game, which it is clearly not. I could seriously cry over this. A shitty four hour campaign and a few new multiplayer maps plus all the maps from Halo 3 and the ones on live. Thats an expansion in my book. I can't believe they sold this as the new Halo game. :mozgus:
Oburi have you played firefight? That is a ton of fun and can last long (I've already dropped more than 10 hrs). Plus you get Reach beta. Four hour shitty campaign sounds a little harsh, took me 5 1/2, friend 5, and ign 6 hours. Than most will mess around on legendary or coop. I agree it's not as great a game or deal but still you get your money's worth compared to many games.

Walter said:
I just got Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story for DS. :flora:
Nice man. I'm regretting picking up scribblenauts instead.(just a little) The controls and interactions going wrong make me long for a nice polished, well controlled Mario who has a splendid jump button.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Riastrathe said:
Oburi have you played firefight? That is a ton of fun and can last long (I've already dropped more than 10 hrs). Plus you get Reach beta. Four hour shitty campaign sounds a little harsh, took me 5 1/2, friend 5, and ign 6 hours. Than most will mess around on legendary or coop. I agree it's not as great a game or deal but still you get your money's worth compared to many games.

Yea me and my buddy did firefight, and that was fun for the first hour. Seriously I don't mean to say I'm so good but that wasn't even challenging. After several hours we just decided to quit because no matter how hard the enemies got we wouldn't die. We got the achievement for getting over 2,000 points in some levels easy. And 4 hour 5 hour whats the big difference? That is not a campaign, and these douchbags at ign are stretching it. They gave it 9!!! Are they kidding me!? this game got a 9? What a joke, forget ign, they are dead to me.

Oburi said:
Yea me and my buddy did firefight, and that was fun for the first hour. Seriously I don't mean to say I'm so good but that wasn't even challenging. After several hours we just decided to quit because no matter how hard the enemies got we wouldn't die. We got the achievement for getting over 2,000 points in some levels easy. And 4 hour 5 hour whats the big difference? That is not a campaign, and these douchbags at ign are stretching it. They gave it 9!!! Are they kidding me!? this game got a 9? What a joke, forget ign, they are dead to me.
Oy, wtf. I hope your joking with your last two lines, the !!!?? and syntax makes me imagine your avatar at the keyboard. GI 9.25, g4 5/5, 1up 9.0(A-), gamespot 9.0, ign 9, giant bomb 4/5; I wouldn't think of ign that way. (interesting side note: the internal structure of ign games editorial is quickly changing with Jeremy Dunham unfortunately leaving)

Oburi

All praise Grail
Riastrathe said:
Oy, wtf. I hope your joking with your last two lines, the !!!?? and syntax makes me imagine your avatar at the keyboard. GI 9.25, g4 5/5, 1up 9.0(A-), gamespot 9.0, ign 9, giant bomb 4/5; I wouldn't think of ign that way. (interesting side note: the internal structure of ign games editorial is quickly changing with Jeremy Dunham unfortunately leaving)

Daym I guess I shouldn't have singled ign out, all game reviews are just messed up. And yea I was serious. I don't understand why they think this game is so revolutionary. "but the artistic efforts in ODST are enough to make this the best looking Halo game yet"-from ign. What? The graphics didn't touch Halo 3, it was way too dark first of all, and then they added that lame screen vision to help you see which isn't anything really, it just outlines everything. It was a weak attempt to make it seemed like they improved graphically. But it was useless and cheap, not to mention annoying. What was wrong with the flash light? The only thing I will say is that the music was great, best yet in any of the games. But other than it didn't improve anything. The AI was totally weak, and there wasn't a single "new" weapon or vehicle. Look you can't be any more of a Halo fan than me, and I feel so cheated, if they sold it for $30, ok I get it. But they sold it as they would Halo 4 and stated NEW CAMPAIGN! every chance they got. Plus they sold you old multiplayer maps that you may have already payed for, its such a fucking ripoff.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Not a big Halo fan here but even I knew that ODST was an "in-between" release, scavenged from another dead project and that only a small part of the team at Bungie worked on while the others were creating the next "serious" game: Reach.

I just finished Spyro Dawn of the Dragon for the PS3 and I was very pleased throughout. I really enjoyed watching the scene after the credits if you know what I am talking about(Oburi). :carcus: I really love the scenery in the Enchanted Forest. That stage has bright vibrant colors that catch your eye especially when your output for the PS3 is 1080p. All in all a great game for those of you who like Spyro and even newbies to the Spyro series.

Top Bottom