What Are You Playing?

Currently playing Dragon Age Origins and I probably have 10 more hours to go through, currently trying to finish some side quests to extend the life of the game before I take the point of no return. Next in line should be Borderlands or maybe another replay through Mass Effect in time before the sequel comes out (haven't played it since I finished it the christmas it came out at).

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Left 4 Dead 2.... when my machine isnt freezing up with the Black Screen of Death! :mozgus:

[SK.NET]SaiyajinNoOuji = Steam account! Lets go bitches! Jimmy Gibbs Jr. is ready for you!

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
http://store.steampowered.com/app/5498/

This is what I'll be playing tonight. :ubik:

But Im sure the novelty of driving through hordes of zombies will get old quick, so I'm also still in the process of finishing up New Super Mario Bros. Wii, just got Little King's Story for Wii (which is essentially Pikmin with an open world), and I'm giving Puzzle Quest: Galactrix another go, now that they've patched out the annoying parts.

Walter said:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/5498/

This is what I'll be playing tonight. :ubik:

Wow, the first GTA meets Carmageddon meets zombies! Sure looks fun.

Anyway, this is what has been... happening... to me lately...

biolove.jpg

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Eluvei said:
Wow, the first GTA meets Carmageddon meets zombies! Sure looks fun.
Yeah it's a great premise and clearly draws from a good pedigree of carnage-inducing games. Unfortunately, after several hours of play it wears thin, as I expected. It's a really unpolished title. Had potential, but really failed in execution. I paid $9, which is about $4.50 too much in my opinion.

Anyway, this is what has been... happening... to me lately...

biolove.jpg
Good man :guts:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I've tried Dwarf Fortress, but I just couldn't get into it. The interface and graphics are so arcane to me. :sad:

Walter said:
I've tried Dwarf Fortress, but I just couldn't get into it. The interface and graphics are so arcane to me. :sad:

I used this guide: http://afteractionreporter.com/2009/02/09/the-complete-and-utter-newby-tutorial-for-dwarf-fortress-part-1-wtf/

I also downloaded my version there which updates the graphics (ever so slightly) and makes the resolution 800x600 (if I remember). Anyway, follow that guide loosely and you'll be creating your evil army of cats and raising an empire and using up all local resources before you know it.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
NightCrawler said:
Loved this little game. Sad though.

http://www.weebls-stuff.com/games/Don%27t+Look+Back/

Well, that was neat, like Braid for Atari.

Speaking of which, the soundtrack was too advanced, should have just been continuous chip sound wind, still would have worked. =)

Just downloaded the Dante's Inferno demo for PS3. It plays exactly like God of War, not to say that's a bad thing, but the similarities are rather extreme. The graphics are pretty and the gameplay seems to be there. I think it's worth checking out.

NightCrawler

Aeons gone, vast, mad and deathless
グリフィス said:
Well, that was neat, like Braid for Atari.

Speaking of which, the soundtrack was too advanced, should have just been continuous chip sound wind, still would have worked. =)

I liked the way it contrasted with the gameplay.
Some parts were a bit too hard, specially the first boss, Cereberus (it took me alot of time to learn how to deliver the final blow), which was alot harder than the second and final boss, Hades.
If you guys didn't know, the storyline was based on Orpheus and Eurydice.

orpheus2.jpg

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
NightCrawler said:
I liked the way it contrasted with the gameplay.
Some parts were a bit too hard, specially the first boss, Cereberus (it took me alot of time to learn how to deliver the final blow), which was alot harder than the second and final boss, Hades.

Funny, I thought the second boss was way harder, like, once you get Cerberus figured out, you can actually beat him every time, but Hades is, fittingly, more hectic. On a replay I literally killed him as he killed me with a final fire ball, and the sad part was that since his death sound kept going, I hoped that when I dropped back into the room he'd be gone... nope. =)

NightCrawler said:
If you guys didn't know, the storyline was based on Orpheus and Eurydice.

orpheus2.jpg

Yeah, I read about it and an interesting interview with the creator if you haven't seen it:

http://www.gamecritics.com/brad-gallaway/interview-with-terry-cavanagh-creator-of-dont-look-back

Pretty heavy stuff for a simple "silly shooter" as he called it, and pretty cool.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
グリフィス said:
Funny, I thought the second boss was way harder, like, once you get Cerberus figured out, you can actually beat him every time, but Hades is, fittingly, more hectic.

I agree, Cerberus was a breeze for me, while Hades took me a few tries.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
NightCrawler said:
Loved this little game. Sad though.

http://www.weebls-stuff.com/games/Don%27t+Look+Back/
Great find! :ubik: The game was simply amazing.

Aazealh said:
I agree, Cerberus was a breeze for me, while Hades took me a few tries.
At least 3 times I took a fireball to the face as I was just reaching the level, so I'm agreeing with the Hades was harder crowd.

NightCrawler

Aeons gone, vast, mad and deathless
With Hades i always hit him once when you fall the first time. Then the key is to never stay on the ground. You can beat him quickly.
Cerberus was much harder, but i blame it on the controls, because even though the tactic was easy, i could never hit him the third time after jumping over him, he would always turn around faster than me.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
NightCrawler said:
With Hades i always hit him once when you fall the first time. Then the key is to never stay on the ground. You can beat him quickly.
Cerberus was much harder, but i blame it on the controls, because even though the tactic was easy, i could never hit him the third time after jumping over him, he would always turn around faster than me.

I'm sure everyone having played the game knows the easy way to kill Hades (I mean it's pretty obvious), and even then I think he's more of a challenge than Cerberus (which is logical, with him being the last boss). Personally I didn't have trouble shooting the dog the third time.

X

Xem

The first boss was pretty hard for me too, after I beat him I felt like I deserved some kind of reward. :ganishka:

The hardest part for me was the collapsing bridge though, the controls wouldn't let me jump at the last second like 14 times in a row. :mozgus:

Thanks for the link!

Lots of people have movies and music they only put on at this time of year. Me, I have a couple of "Christmas games" I'll always play: Resident Evil 3: Nemesis and Silent Hill 2. It was RE last year so I'll go back to Silent Hill to look for Mary this time.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
My Christmas game is Half Life, traditionally. It started back in 1998 when the game first came out. I was stuck at home the whole holiday season because I was very sick, with cough drops and sore throat lozenges in my mouth constantly. Throughout that time I was playing through Half Life on my shitty 233MHz Pentium, and LOVING IT.

But, I've played it too much at this point, so I think I'll play through HL2 and the episodes instead this season.

Saephon

Die young and save yourself
After seeing Final Fantasy music in concert last night, the repressed fanboy in me really wants to replay FFVI or something.....but instead....

MASS EFFECT.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Saephon said:
After seeing Final Fantasy music in concert last night, the repressed fanboy in me really wants to replay FFVI or something.....but instead....

MASS EFFECT.

Wow that's awesome dude! Was it amazing?

Top Bottom