What Are You Playing?

I had that one as a kid. I especially liked how each turtle had their own special move. Made the different turtles more unique. Something I wish more turtle games did. I recall it being really hard, though I did beat it. :guts:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I hope to be playing this soon: http://kotaku.com/5528551/free-mechwarrior-4-here-whos-ready

Mechwarrior 4 FOR FREE.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
I downloaded StarCraft and StarCraft: Brood War from the Blizzard Store last night in preparation for the upcoming sequel. Ah, memories.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Just finished playing Mass Effect 2. It was a good ride! Also playing "The Legend of Zelda a link to the past". Got the first 2 pendants so far.

Truder

"I frown at Griffith's nipples" -Aazealh
Th3Branded0ne said:
Also playing "The Legend of Zelda a link to the past". Got the first 2 pendants so far.
I'm re-playing The Legend of Zelda Majoras Mask :guts:
probably my favorite LoZ game, because it so dark compared to others. right now I'm at the part where you have to protect the girl from alien abduction. :magni:

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
billdog said:
ill be playing red dead redemption this week!
Playing that now! I spent like 2 hours with a friend sniping back and forth and horseback gun battling 3 guys. It felt like it took 20 minutes though, this games is fucking amazing right now. Don't know how long it will take to get burnt out on it though. I also wish the servers had more people in them. :puck:

Currently playing The Void (known as Turgor in Russia and Tension in Germany) a very innovative action/adventure (?) game from a Russian developer Icepick Lodge.

You play a lost soul trapped in a strange, Limbo-like place where all inhabitants (yourself included) crave one substance - color. And from this fact comes most of the game's uniqueness and originality. Color is used for both offense/defense and for any sort of interaction with your surroundings (usually by drawing one of many different glyphs with your mouse) but it also represents your health and your avatar's characteristics. Your (un)life depends on your ability to find and reproduce color which can be done by either growing gardens (you revive dead trees with color), fighting with enemies or by hunting various small creatures that inhabit the Void. Each color (there are 7 different ones) grants you a different attribute and also influences the world around you in some way.

Aside from various creatures and animals the Void is home to some very interesting entities, namely: Sisters - who will help you make your way trough the Void (and bring some elements of a dating-sim into the game) and Brothers - who are there to make your existence more... uncertain:). The plot is often confusing and mysterious at first, with each side trying to manipulate and use you for their own agenda, but as you progress and speak with different characters the pieces of puzzle will slowly begin to fall in place and you'll realize that, more than once, you have played your cards wrong and worked against yourself.

Played from first perspective, the graphics are VERY nice looking even though they are not overly expensive. A special treat in visual department are the designs of Sisters and Brothers. I guess pics are worth more than words so here is some concept art (note that there is some tasteful nudity):

And this is how it all looks in motion (although this seems to be a slightly unfinished version): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZ-FvuzPrgk

Even though the game is somewhat difficult as you have to be very careful when handling color and always need to plan one step ahead, The Void really deserves you try it out at least for it is truly a unique experience. I wish more programmers were creative and brave like this.

Maldoror, intriguing! I already started downloading, though I haven't seen any decent Russian game until now, maybe this one will change something. :guts: And you should definitely try playing The Path somehow they seem alike.

I'm still playing Onimusha series, already started on the third installment, I find satisfaction in gameplay. =) I hope they will add Samanosuke to the list of playable characters in MvC3.

Konketsuji said:
Maldoror, intriguing! I already started downloading, though I haven't seen any decent Russian game until now, maybe this one will change something. :guts: And you should definitely try playing The Path somehow they seem alike.

Thanks! I've been wanting to try The Path out. Will have to make some time for it! Hmm, I've only played 2 Russian games so far but both were excellent! The other one is Full Pipe - a 2D point-and-click adventure not unlike The Neverhood or Machinarium. Again, it is a very weird game but has some nice graphics/atmosphere and really is quite an enjoyable experience if you're into stuff like that. It was designed by Ivan Maximov an awesome Russian animator (check this out).

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
Ooh I keep meaning to try out Cave Story.

I'm finally getting around to playing Infinite Space now. It's neato

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
I started playing Final Fantasy XIII on Friday (I got it for my birthday :-) I'm getting used to the battle system, which is a bit frustrating, but it's growing on me more and more. The visuals are gorgeous, too and I love that the voice actors don't suck this time around. I never played Final Fantasy XII (it's on my list, though), but Final Fantasy X had some terrible voice acting, particularly between Yuna and Tidus.

Rhombaad said:
Final Fantasy X had some terrible voice acting, particularly between Yuna and Tidus.

Actually Yuna, Tidus, Wakka's, and Gatta's voice are the only annoying voices in Final Fantasy X IMO. Anyways I am currently playing Hokuto Musou, although I want to play Super Mario Galaxy 2 more.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Th3Branded0ne said:
PLaying Loco Roco on the psp and enjoying it! Also FFII barely at the start with Cecil and Kain.
How'd you get Cecil and Kain in FF2? Rom hacks?

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Walter said:
How'd you get Cecil and Kain in FF2? Rom hacks?

I have both the American releases of FF II( FF IV in Japan) and FF III ( FF 6 ) So that's why I called it 2 just from the name on the cartridge, but we all know is really the fourth. I am playing it on my psp since it's better when I get to go out to doctor appointments and wherever I have to wait for something.

Admittedly, people calling FF4 FF2 is a bit of a pet peeve of mine. I understand why people do it, but it still drives me a little crazy. :puck:

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
Lithrael said:
Ooh I keep meaning to try out Cave Story.

I'm finally getting around to playing Infinite Space now. It's neato
You have to check out Cave Story. : O I was a little apprehensive about it, but now I'm absolutely in love with it. The story is very enjoyable and fun, and the gameplay is solid. It's free for the PC, too. :D

Top Bottom