What Are You Playing?

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
Eluvei said:
Well maybe fewer games are being released, but it's far from dead. The arcades I know around here are always full of people playing KOF 98, Metal Slug and others.

Metal Slug is awesome! Yeah, well...not as prominent as they were back in the day, at least. I've been to some bigger cities where we couldn't find an arcade. Where city do you live in?

Truder

"I frown at Griffith's nipples" -Aazealh
heres a game that i hope to be playing on thanksgiving with some of my cousins :guts:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/review-donkey-kong/707720

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I played Assassin's Creed for about 8 hours straight on Sunday. It's my first time through the game, and it's magnificent. I remember reading reviews of the game back on its release in '07 that were pretty harsh on the game. EGM gave it a 52, which is just hilarious to me. I'm very critical of games, but this one is just shy of a masterpiece.

The catalyst for my playthrough of AC came from the release of Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood. Over the past few days, I've heard such amazing things about it, that I dedicated myself to playing through AC1 and AC2 so that in Feburary, when AC(3) comes out, I can finally relish everything I've been missing all these years.

I was going to start playing Vindictus. But my laptop is such a pos that it can't handle it. And since I purchased my netbook, I won't be able to make another investment like that till a little after summer.

On the bright side, that should mean I'll be able to get a bang for my buck.. and more than make the requirements for DNF for when it comes out.

In the meantime. I don't really play games. At most I'll spend a few hours a week at Kongregate to check out new flash games. At least they run on this laptop. >_<;

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Walter said:
I played Assassin's Creed for about 8 hours straight on Sunday. It's my first time through the game, and it's magnificent. I remember reading reviews of the game back on its release in '07 that were pretty harsh on the game. EGM gave it a 52, which is just hilarious to me. I'm very critical of games, but this one is just shy of a masterpiece.

The catalyst for my playthrough of AC came from the release of Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood. Over the past few days, I've heard such amazing things about it, that I dedicated myself to playing through AC1 and AC2 so that in Feburary, when AC(3) comes out, I can finally relish everything I've been missing all these years.

I just beat AC 2 and been just doing sidequests now. I really liked the first one as well. and now I"m also playing AC bloodlines on the psp.

Oburi

All praise Grail
enslaved201003251107028.jpg

Just finished playing through Enslaved. It was pretty easy but actually very good. Nobody seems to have heard about this game so I figured I'd throw it out there because it was fun.

I also started playing the original soul reaver again since it was available for download on the ps3 network. The graphics aren't as good as I remember, but that's understandable, everything else is amazing. The atmosphere and voice acting is pretty sublime in this game, stands the test of time for sure.

Just beat kill zone 2 I am glad i waited to get this game for so long on black friday for 15 bucks! the play time was very short but very sweet will now be doing multi player for a while. It is a pretty enjoyable fps to bad I am a bitlate to the party tho.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
krec99 said:
finishing up fallout new vegas great game very long .
I keep thinking I'm near the end of the game, then I stumble onto another quest chain and end up 10 more hours into the game. So far though, I'm having a lot more fun with New Vegas than I had with Fallout 3.

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
Oburi said:
http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/2998/enslaved201003251107028.jpg

Just finished playing through Enslaved. It was pretty easy but actually very good. Nobody seems to have heard about this game so I figured I'd throw it out there because it was fun.

Nice. I actually just finished playing this, too. It's definitely a good game if you're tired of sub par voice acting and atmosphere. The animation is just spot on. You should get the soundtrack. Great stuff.

Here's my favorite song from the game. It's where you're first introduced to the cloud. Probably my favorite part of the game, as well. It was a lot of fun to just zoom around that gorgeous environment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dhcj827385w

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Just finished Final Fantasy on the PSP. Took me about 14 hours. It's nice to finally finish the first one even if it's not on it's original format. Pretty simple by today's RPGs. But it was the one that started it all.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
I'd say this is more of FF7's fault than any of the others.
Nah, it's actually the FF movie failure. It scuttled an entire division they'd created in a few years. Hundreds of employees were let go, and if y ou look at the types of games they were releasing beforehand, and after the movie failed, it's pretty clear they went for a more conservative "sure thing" route to recoup their losses. Sad part is, they never emerged from that conservative mentality.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Here's a game that was pretty surprising. http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/059/059755.html Vanquish! It's like Bayonetta meets Gears of War. I beat it just the other night in one sitting, took me about 10 hours, but even though that may seem short I was left totally satisfied, besides the replay value is up there too. There's plenty wrong with it - confusing story with no clear villain or characters that I care about. Terrible voice acting and laughable dialog. Repetitive gameplay, levels and enemies. But even with all that, it was still a blast. Similar to Bayonetta, it's pumped full of action, pretty graphics and just ridiculous enough to put a smile on my face. Try the demo if your interested but still on the fence, that's what sold me.

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
Oburi said:
Here's a game that was pretty surprising. http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/059/059755.html Vanquish! It's like Bayonetta meets Gears of War. I beat it just the other night in one sitting, took me about 10 hours, but even though that may seem short I was left totally satisfied, besides the replay value is up there too. There's plenty wrong with it - confusing story with no clear villain or characters that I care about. Terrible voice acting and laughable dialog. Repetitive gameplay, levels and enemies. But even with all that, it was still a blast. Similar to Bayonetta, it's pumped full of action, pretty graphics and just ridiculous enough to put a smile on my face. Try the demo if your interested but still on the fence, that's what sold me.
The demo was awesome and if I wasn't broke I'd buy the shit outta this game. I don't think it's one that's meant to be taken seriously outside of SHOTGUNNING PEOPLE WHILE SLIDING ON YOUR ROCKET KNEES.
I've been playing the newest Golden Sun for DS, really enjoying it and lots of call backs to the original game. The puzzles either seem easier or I was like 12 when I played the first ones... Also bought quite a bit in the Steam sells over the last week, got Recettear, a game where you run a JRPG item shop while going to dungeons to procure more stuff to sell and hire adventurers to fight for you. Also played some point and click that came in one of the indie dev packs called Jolly Rover. It was... a point and click adventure with dog pirates and somewhat funny dialogue. Might play some of the other random stuff that came with the indie packs or maybe replay KOTOR since I got it for 2.50. Anybody that wants to add me on STEAM for whatever reason, I'm http://steamcommunity.com/id/DFFTCOP Although I don't play anywhere near as much online games anymore.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Since I'm on the trend of playing Final fantasy games I didn't get a chance to play before. Now I'm playing FF 9 on my psp. So far so good, barely have 2 hours of playing time.

It's charming and adventurous. I like the songs, the graphics and the events, and I liked the battles when the game came out. The CGIs are pretty and exciting. Vivi is a cool character.

There are things like a flooded library town inside a waterfall.

turkitage

ターク
Eluvei said:
This is easily my favorite in the series, and one of my favorite games ever.
Aazealh said:
Can you, like, justify this?

lol...

You know branded, after that.. play Final Fantasy VI (or known as FF3 in US). It's really good. Terra Branford
5229571450_53c3321407_t.jpg
is so awesome. Now, THAT is my favorite Final Fantasy.

Currently playing Record Of Agarest War by Aksys. Really enjoying it, it's like FFT.

Top Bottom