What Are You Playing?

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Walter said:
Limbo just landed on Steam. Bought, played and beat it within ... 3.1 hours. Some good atmospheric stuff, but overall lame puzzles. I fail to see what the hype was all about.

Yeah, the first half of the game is intriguing and whimsical, but by the end you don't even remember that, or care.

Oburi

All praise Grail
For anyone that played the new Mortal Kombat - did you try completing the Challenge Tower? I'm in race to finish it before my friends do but holy hell this gets hard. There's 300 challenges and I'm on 185 or something, Baraka versus Sheeva/Goro/Kintaro with one bar of health. If anyone has any tips for the challenge tower I'm all ears.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Oburi said:
For anyone that played the new Mortal Kombat - did you try completing the Challenge Tower? I'm in race to finish it before my friends do but holy hell this gets hard. There's 300 challenges and I'm on 185 or something, Baraka versus Sheeva/Goro/Kintaro with one bar of health. If anyone has any tips for the challenge tower I'm all ears.
I've read that being cheap in those challenge tower things is a necessity.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Walter said:
I've read that being cheap in those challenge tower things is a necessity.
Jump attacks. Instead of kicking, use punch attacks in mid air, once you get to ground, hit them the the MK uppercut right afterwards. Repeat. Like Walter said, you HAVE to go cheap.

Saephon

Die young and save yourself
Picked up Golden Sun for the DS last night, for 19 bucks. I was a big fan of the first two games on the Gameboy Advance, so I hope this one doesn't disappoint.

X

Xem

I'm currently genre-jumping yet again and dipping my toes into the Dota-style Action RTS games, starting (and maybe ending) with League of Legends. It's been a minute since I've been enveloped by a game like this but it's missing something.

Castlevania (NES) ... forgot how hard it was cos it's beating my ass :judo: but the music's fantastic and it keeps me going :puck:.

EDIT: I can't get past the Frankenstein boss battle ... UGH.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Been replaying Deus Ex in anticipation of next week's release.

I also made these Maggie Chow assassination videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xa6UrC-nz0g
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lNDhKPEMtA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0D-_ct1jXxk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mWmlA614T0

Forgive the darkness. I'm not sure why it records that way. It's not that dark in game...

turkitage

ターク
Deci said:
I'm currently genre-jumping yet again and dipping my toes into the Dota-style Action RTS games, starting (and maybe ending) with League of Legends. It's been a minute since I've been enveloped by a game like this but it's missing something.

You can sign up for the beta for Dota 2. It'll be on steam soon too.

http://www.dota-two.com

Walter said:
Forgive the darkness. I'm not sure why it records that way. It's not that dark in game...

For whatever reason the people that I know upload videos always have that same issue and have to increase their brightness a lot while they are recording. Btw, love the DS/3DS spooning weirdness.. lol.

So Alice was a pretty good and a fun game. Playing Catherine now. So far.. so weird... It's a dating...puzzle game.. with sheep! Played a few hours and enjoying it so far, such a nice change from shoot'em ups...etc.

catherine-video-game.jpg

Finally finished Castlevania and took a break cos I was ready to break something in my living room.

Now re-playing GI JOE on NES which is one of my favorite games.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
I've been playing StarCraft 2. I'll start playing Xenoblade for the Wii today once I get it (collector's edition :badbone:).

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Saephon said:
The one time Europe gets a game that North America doesn't, and it's a game I want :sad:

Well I wish NA had gotten it first this time because the British dub is hard for me to take. Good thing you can switch to the Japanese dub on the fly.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
I'm playing Ocarina of Time 3D and Infinite Space, but more significantly I got my dad to buy a 3DS and play them too. :ganishka:

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
NightCrawler said:
I'm playing this
Pretentious Assholes 3: Return of the Ineffective Troll? :badbone:

I'm not playing it yet but... WITHIN THE WEEK THERE WILL BE DEUS EX RUNNING ON MY PC. Until then, TF2 some more.

NightCrawler

Aeons gone, vast, mad and deathless
Aazealh said:
Rock Band 3? :troll:

:ganishka: I bet you can guess that i loathe those games in particular.

Dar Klink said:
Pretentious Assholes 3: Return of the Ineffective Troll? :badbone:

Aw, i'm not pretentious. I don't even consider what i do as worthy, i still think of it all as "hobbies".

I'm still playing Orions 2 and Ascension for the itouch. Anyone who wants to battle me, just say so. Ranked 4th out of nearly 800 (for online matches only, i don't play single player). Now that's pretentious :void:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Dar Klink said:
I'm not playing it yet but... WITHIN THE WEEK THERE WILL BE DEUS EX RUNNING ON MY PC. Until then, TF2 some more.

But have you preordered the COLLECTOR'S EDITION? :badbone: And I don't mean the paltry Augmented Edition, no sir. :iva:

NightCrawler said:
I'm still playing Orions 2 and Ascension for the itouch.

For a second I thought you meant Master of Orion 2. Now that's a real man's game.

Top Bottom