New Berserk Anime pics fake or real you decide...

Status
Not open for further replies.
X

Xem

Jaze1618 said:
Yea, I take the side of not having anything if it's going to be crappy. Believe me, there are people out there who might otherwise love and enjoy reading the manga, but because they stumbled upon the anime first (and didn't care for it), will never give the manga a try.

Most of these type of people don't really read, much less buy, manga in the first place though.

An experienced reader, which is less common than one might think, will always look to the manga/comic/novel before they make a final judgment on a story.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Deci said:
Most of these type of people don't really read, much less buy, manga in the first place though.

That's another reason not to try catering to such an audience.

Deci said:

An experienced reader, which is less common than one might think, will always look to the manga/comic/novel before they make a final judgment on a story.

I fall into the category of not reading, much less buying any manga, or comics PERIOD. Until I found Berserk, and it was subsequentially released in the US by Darkhorse. But still that's all the comics I read, I tried a few others that I had heard good things about since then, (GANTZ, Vagabond) but I never took to anything like I have Berserk. The one exception is that I was able to persuade my grandma to buy me every english Tintin comic book when I was 11-13. (still own them to this day).

ZeroEO

Barguts
If this is real it'll suck because it will take so long to officially come to North America if at all. But here's hoping. If they redo the first series I'd be down for that, and it seems to be happening a lot. (Dragon Ball Kai and Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood)

S

supa_pokute

From what I can tell, they do look like professional Japanese studio shots like John said from Animenation, but it was probably a canned project since it's been this long... I really hope not though. I know some people dislike the changes in the Berserk anime, and while I agree the manga/original will always be the best, I would still love to see another animated Berserk TV/OVA, and I hope if it ever happens they have Susumu Hirasawa do the music again.

Although they could very well be real (flaws and all), I do doubt it will be a series. I think it'll be an OVA or perhaps even a movie.

If, of course, it is real.

If.

Dani

Smile!
Just saw these pictures now.

Reminds me of how angry a friend was when I told him there was no episode twenty six (after hyping up the episode as a brilliant conclusion to the cliffhanger episode twenty five). Wow he was pissed.

Didn't these pictures originate on 4chan first then get reposted on GAF? I wouldn't trust 4chan, ever.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I feel awkward posting this now, because it's just hearsay ... but I was informed by one of our members today that the Miura comment in 309 said that a new anime series planned for Berserk was recently canceled. Miura allegedly wrote that he thought there was enough demand for it, but it ended up canceled anyway. I haven't actually seen the Miura comment myself so I can't validate any of the information. If it turns out to be a false rumor, I apologize in advance.

If true, I hope Miura doesn't take it too badly. A new anime would just be one more chance for the producers to detract from the source material. Still ... the guy really deserves more credit than he gets for Berserk. I think its popularity is often underestimated.

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
Walter said:
I feel awkward posting this now, because it's just hearsay ... but I was informed by one of our members today that the Miura comment in 309 said that a new anime series planned for Berserk was recently canceled. Miura allegedly wrote that he thought there was enough demand for it, but it ended up canceled anyway. I haven't actually seen the Miura comment myself so I can't validate any of the information. If it turns out to be a false rumor, I apologize in advance.

If true, I hope Miura doesn't take it too badly. A new anime would just be one more chance for the producers to detract from the source material. Still ... the guy really deserves more credit than he gets for Berserk. I think its popularity is often underestimated.
Sadly people these days seem more likely to pay for anime about little girls having highschool issues than something like Berserk, who's hardcore fans would flip out if they don't do it justice. :judo:
I think a new anime adaption should be saved until after Berserk is finished. Maybe by then the technology will reach a point where good looking animation won't cost so much that they'll cut story for budget reasons. ( :sad: yeah that will happen)

While I have not read them, I saw others commenting about that. I just assumed those guys did a bad translation, and/or were just going over board about those pics from last year. Maybe there is more to it..

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Jaze1618 said:
Maybe there is more to it..
Well, we'll know for sure soon enough. I don't normally like to run with hearsay, but I felt this was an important enough piece of news to mention even before I'm able to get it 100% confirmed.

D

DrPepperPro

今更だけど、戦う男が主人公のアニメってほとんど壊滅しちゃってるね。 需要あると思うんだけどなー。

Here's the text if you want to get it checked. Sadly, I'm pretty sure it's right. I wouldn't have minded another attempt no matter how good/bad it would have been, to me it can't detract from the manga. And as other people already said, it woulda been worth it just for the probable Hirasawa music.

DrPepperPro said:
I wouldn't have minded another attempt no matter how good/bad it would have been, to me it can't detract from the manga. And as other people already said, it woulda been worth it just for the probable Hirasawa music.

Agreed, I would gladly sign a petition to get it going again, if only for more Hirasawa music.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
You guys shouldn't trust everything you read on the Internet. :slan: Miura's comment for YA #21 can be translated like this (thanks puella):

"It's nothing new to say this, but anime series with a fighting man as the hero are almost dead (not popular anymore, he uses the word "destroyed", such a thing) these days, though I think there are still some people who want this kind of anime."

You should rejoice though Darklink286, you instinctively shared the master's thoughts without even knowing it. :guts:

Dar_Klink

Aazealh said:
You guys shouldn't trust everything you read on the Internet. :slan: Miura's comment for YA #21 can be translated like this (thanks puella):

"It's nothing new to say this, but anime series with a fighting man as the hero are almost dead (not popular anymore, he uses the word "destroyed", such a thing) these days, though I think there are still some people who want this kind of anime."
Hmm, I guess we're once again reminded of why our translators are really the best Berserk has right now.
Aazealh said:
You should rejoice though Darklink286, you instinctively shared the master's thoughts without even knowing it. :guts:
Miura... we're not so different him and I. :miura:

Aazealh said:

So, would we go as far to say that Miura is suggesting the anime is still in production?

Dar_Klink

JezzaX said:
So, would we go as far to say that Miura is suggesting the anime is still in production?
I think if there's any implication related to the Berserk anime in there, it's Miura implying that he thinks that it's not likely to be produced because of what is popular right now. That's reading into it too far though, in all reality these comments are just Miura kinda speaking his mind about something or putting down a random thought he had, if you look at the thread I'll post below, you can see some more info on his comments and whatnot. It basically boils down to not trying to take too much from the comments. :iva:
http://www.skullknight.net/forum/index.php?topic=10065.msg165995#msg165995

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
JezzaX said:

No, it simply has nothing to do with the possibility of a new Berserk animation.

If there was to be an official announcement you can be certain it wouldn't be through the author's small comments that are present in each issue. Young Animal would run whole pages and maybe even have a special cover for the occasion.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Wow. Thanks for clearing that up Aaz. Sorry for any confusion... :farnese: Well, I'm very glad it's unrelated to Berserk. Viva Berserk! :guts:

I suppose this makes the past several posts off topic. Hmm... what to do...

X

Xem

I thought the idea of Miura commenting on some internet pictures seemed a bit fishy from the beginning. I'd think that if anyone refuted those "mysterious pictures" it'd be the production company or the original poster themselves. For some reason I don't see Miura doing it himself.

However, I find it a tad interesting that we haven't heard from the production company that these stills supposedly came from. I guess it's impossible to know, but you'd think they would've been made aware of the photo's by now, and would refute them if they weren't related, but who knows.

That's very true. The fact they have neither confirmed or denied the pictures as legitimate seems to be a bit on the fishy side as you so rightly say. Aren't they due to make an announcement about something before the year is out though? :???:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
JezzaX said:
That's very true. The fact they have neither confirmed or denied the pictures as legitimate seems to be a bit on the fishy side as you so rightly say. Aren't they due to make an announcement about something before the year is out though?

It's been more than a year since those pictures were taken according to the guy who released them. Honestly, I would recommend you not to hold your breath. We don't even know for sure what studio is supposed to have worked on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom