Painting with water

Re: Drawing with Water

Musashi - Him being red, I see this as I guess his inner demon. He wasn't always the most pleasant person to be around. It could also just be representative of his rash nature.
Kojiro - I see his blue color representing his playfulness and childish demeanor despite the violence he grew up around (which the red represents)
Denischiro (sorry if I spelled that wrong) - To me, yellow conveys the feeling that he's determined yet afraid. Blue gets me thinking he feels isolated, i.e he has to face this fear by himself.

Those are pretty much my initial reactions. Interpreting art was never one of my skills :troll:

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Re: PORTAL: Drawing with Water

Shane said:
Those are pretty much my initial reactions. Interpreting art was never one of my skills :troll:

Hey, you could have fooled me, that was really cool because for the most part your interpretations were different from mine, but all completely fit, better than what I had in mind in some cases, so I'm appreciative.

Anyway, I updated my previous post with my own BS report on what they mean to me.

Rhombaad said:
I sense Civil War brewing... :SK:

Haha, I hope not, if we ever did that again...

:griffnotevil: "I'm with the Vagabond Inn!" Aaz: :mozgus:

:ganishka:

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler

グリフィス said:
Haha, I hope not, if we ever did that again...

:griffnotevil: "I'm with the Vagabond Inn!" Aaz: :mozgus:

:ganishka:

All of a sudden threads like "Who would win in a fight: Guts or Musashi?" or "Who is sexier: Casca or Otsu?" would pop up. No one wants that.

Griffith

Rhombaad said:
All of a sudden threads like "Who would win in a fight: Guts or Musashi?" or "Who is sexier: Casca or Otsu?" would pop up. No one wants that.
I don't know, Aaz and I were already going over the former today, I shit you not! :ganishka:

Griffith

Rhombaad said:
Haha, what was the verdict?

Hah, I don't even know how to answer that... lets just say we briefly came up with multiple convoluted scenarios, and it wasn't serious for a moment. For example, I came up with one where Musashi stopped a downswung Dragon Slayer on the tip of his katana, and another where, in the same circumstance, he slapped his palms on both sides of the DS and flipped it right off the island with a flick of his wrists! "No sword." :ganishka:

Needless to say, this wasn't a consensus opinion. :SK:

Here's more old recolor stock from me, the last in this particular style, and there's nothing deeper to this one than BLOOD:

And just a reminder y'all, feel free to take the thread in another direction at any time by making a comment about one of the other pieces here, or by posting one of your own!

Griffith

Awesome, Branded. I wish I knew how to make things like that. Must be great for the gift giving season coming up too! :guts:

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler

グリフィス said:
Hah, I don't even know how to answer that... lets just say we briefly came up with multiple convoluted scenarios, and it wasn't serious for a moment. For example, I came up with one where Musashi stopped a downswung Dragon Slayer on the tip of his katana, and another where, in the same circumstance, he slapped his palms on both sides of the DS and flipped it right off the island with a flick of his wrists! "No sword." :ganishka:

Needless to say, this wasn't a consensus opinion. :SK:

Haha, that's pretty funny. :ganishka:

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying

Sounds like you've been watching too much of this Griffith, :griffnotevil:
1255422175462.gif

NightCrawler

Aeons gone, vast, mad and deathless

m said:
I hesitated about sharing this but what the hell: When I first read this thread's title I read "Drawing with Walter". True story. :farnese:

Me too.

Loved Gutsfield. So much truth in the first panels and you know it :p

Dar_Klink

Re: Drawing with Walter

I, too, read that as drawing with Walter... and pictured a Bob Ross style show where Walter draws stuff for us. :serpico:

Griffith

Re: Drawing with water

Darklink286 said:
Sounds like you've been watching too much of this Griffith, :griffnotevil:
http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/8827/1255422175462.gif

Or not enough, don't think that that exact scenario didn't come up, "This is not good Nipponese steel!"
Zodd.gif

NightCrawler said:
Loved Gutsfield. So much truth in the first panels and you know it :p

Thank you, and those are just the one's with Musashi, strips 18-28, if you care to read the rest, just dial them up through this link, 001-030:

http://www.skullknight.net/griffith/gutsfield001.gif

Darklink286 said:
I, too, read that as drawing with Walter... and pictured a Bob Ross style show where Walter draws stuff for us. :serpico:

Hah, and I see what you did there with the title too. I think I'll try changing it to "water" with a lowercase w to avoid the confusion.

There, that's better.

Here's the last of my old stock I think, found it today, nothing special, a very simple photoshop to highlight the cinematic quality of Vagabond's artwork:

denkuro.jpg

"...reads like an Akira Kurosawa film captured on the printed page."​

UPDATE: Check out this new drawing board entry by Grail:

http://www.skullknight.net/forum/vagadraw/index.php#pic2
Haha, great as usual! :ganishka:

Dar_Klink

Of course Grail delivers an awesome Oekaki entry! I would contribute here but I couldn't draw my way out of a hypothetical situation that requires me to draw in order to avoid physical harm. Oh, and I really like the Brave Fencer Musashi edit. :guts:

Griffith

swingsml.jpg

Here's a sequel of sorts to the previously posted One Year, which was a what if meeting between young Guts and Musashi when they were both on their year long journeys of the sword. This one doesn't really have a story idea behind it, just an iconic dream match up between them as they currently are; a little older, a little wiser, and with a lot more miles on their odometers, to say the least. Though, an earlier/alternate draft did appear with some build up in a Gutsfield strip.​

Griffith

Shane said:
That's just plain awesome

Thanks, the challenging thing was integrating Guts' new armor.

Anyway, did a new image in the Oekaki, my first real attempt actually, inspired by the latest episodes and... Punch-Out!

Ito Ittosai's Punch-Out!
VD_4.png

"Don't give up, Mac! Fight!!"

Be sure to check out the Drawing Board for more, and better, oekakis!
http://www.skullknight.net/forum/vagadraw/index.php

Griffith

Th3Branded0ne said:
Here's my attempt at photoshop with one of the latest pics from Vagabond. I took a class a long time ago, I guess I better put some use to it.

http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/1404/mushisloggo.jpg​

I'm glad you did, I didn't know you were a trained photoshopper! Anyway, I like it, it's different, particularly the combination of some of the techniques you incorporated. I like the color palette too, it reminds me of an old comic book or cartoon. I also think it shows potential, so I hope you'll do more.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
グリフィス said:
I'm glad you did, I didn't know you were a trained photoshopper! Anyway, I like it, it's different, particularly the combination of some of the techniques you incorporated. I like the color palette too, it reminds me of an old comic book or cartoon. I also think it shows potential, so I hope you'll do more.
Thank you! Here's another one I finished today. The first two I did with photoshop, and the last one with a free program I downloaded to my laptop since photoshop is in my desktop. I was mostly just messing with the last picture just to see what it could do. It seems good enough for a free program. It's called Photo Pos Pro if you want to get it at www.download.com.

ittov.jpg

ittosai.jpg

ittosai9.jpg

Griffith

Th3Branded0ne said:
Thank you! Here's another one I finished today. The first two I did with photoshop, and the last one with a free program I downloaded to my laptop since photoshop is in my desktop. I was mostly just messing with the last picture just to see what it could do. It seems good enough for a free program. It's called Photo Pos Pro if you want to get it at www.download.com.

ittov.jpg

I really like that one, it looks especially good at half size where you can really take in the overall image, at least on my monitor. The second just seems to be the same image with a radial blur added? Anyway, that free program looks interesting, like it has some similar features to photoshop for people that don't have it.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
グリフィス said:
I really like that one, it looks especially good at half size where you can really take in the overall image, at least on my monitor. The second just seems to be the same image with a radial blur added? Anyway, that free program looks interesting, like it has some similar features to photoshop for people that don't have it.

Yeah, the second picture is the same just with the radial blur filter on it. That program is nice enough if you just want to do some coloring like I tried. I just dind't put much time into it. Oh and I drew a new pic on the Vagadraw section.

Top Bottom