Castlevania: The Adventure ReBirth

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Castlevania-Rebirth.jpg

Confirmed to be a remake of the original Gameboy game. Will have new graphics, new enemies and traps, rearranged music plus changes to the gameplay and stages. Coming out at the end of this month in Japan for 1000 points on the WiiWare. I'll be getting it. :carcus:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Walter said:
Potentially very awesome. I just hope they do more than superficially enhance the game.

From the looks of it they've recreated the game from scratch, which is a good thing because the original sucked.

NightCrawler said:
Remakes in videogames... Is this a new trend now?

The rebirth series is composed entirely of remakes, but serious work always goes into them. Worth it for people who miss the olden days.

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
Can someone let me borrow their Wii? I'm serious, I'll send you one of my statues as insurance, or maybe you guys can buy my statues since I'm dying to play this and Contra.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
handsome rakshas said:
Haha, I'll have to think about that! Will you send me some Crepes to sweeten the deal? :carcus:

I think there's a misunderstanding in the power relationship here. What will you send me to sweeten the deal? :ganishka:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
A slightly better screenshot: http://kotaku.com/5387258/have-a-closer-look-at-castlevania-rebirth

Daijyashin

Berserk is Divine and Human
Right now I'm more interested in this release instead of the one for PS3, though I'd say that some structures or details are still borrowed from SOTN and Aria of Sorrow.

IMHO there are still no Castlevania games that could even be equal to SOTN(and sometimes I wonder how it'd ever be, if the issue of the release time of the game that involved the reverse castle as a quick choice would have been solved with a brand new Castle, same problem for the second disk of Xenogears, even if in that case the SQ budget was almost at limit for the release of FFVIII).

After the Rondo of Blood for PSP, IGA said that the series will eventually go on for other twenty years. I myself love the remakes, but let's see those new games.

Top Bottom