Anyone ever played Mount&Blade?

Hey guys first post here. I'm a mount&blade junkie myself. The game to me is the perfect fusion of tactics and combat I have ever seen. It allows you to start as a lone adventurer and gradually build up a warband until you can challenge the lords of the five kingdoms in combat. The standard version of the game more or less restricts you to joining one of the kingdoms and gaining power and properties as a vassal. But the mod community is very healthy and lots of the mods allow you to start your own kingdom with your own lords. I'm a bit of a modder myself and actually spent a lot of time creating a Berserk mod for the game. Hardest thing was making it hard enough for Gutts to have a bit of a challenge when slaying armies all by himself.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Hi and welcome to the forum!

I have an interest in Mount&Blade but I never actually played it. Do you have any pictures of what your Guts mod looks like in the game?

guttsandgriffith.jpg

Heres one I took of a duel between the lead characters. Note that I will scale Guts down to his proper height in an upcoming version of the mod. He is a little too big now.
gutts_custom_armor.jpg

Here is one of Guts crushing a tudor soldier's shield. Again he is still a little too big in that shot.

The nice thing about mount&blade is you can test the game for free up until you hit lvl 7. This includes any and all mods. The mod is storybased and follows the Manga all the way until the end of the current works. The ending which involves defeating Griffith and his forces is more or less made up as I don't know how the manga will end. But almost all of the well known battles of the Golden Arc are included in the mod as well as a few battles against the Trolls and Vritanis. I am currently working on the Black Swordsman Arc involving Slug Count, Snake Baron, and Rosine. Turns out a medieval game isn't entirely geared to including monsters but this mod is the first to include larger characters. I do have Wyald's monster form ingame though. Had to make him twice the height of a human so he wouldn't hit over your head.
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,147.0.html
This is the link to the mod's childboard on talewords.com.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
All the way to the current events? Must have been a lot of work putting all that content in. I'll try to give the game (and the mod) a shot one of these days. :serpico:

Top Bottom